Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Using Adium

Using Adium

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

Using Adium

Postby Nikku » Mon 03.31.2008 11:27 pm

I am a new Mac user and can't figure out how to log on to be able to access all the chat rooms for the old chatting system. Anyone that has a Mac, could you maybe walk me through some steps on how to get connected, so that I will be able to chat with other people in the old chat rooms? I have it downloaded and it is in my applications, but the problem is I can't connect...it just keeps rejecting me and I think it has to do with my password, but idk...I enter the same password that I entered when creating my account...not sure what is going on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Nikku
Nikku

Re: Using Adium

Postby phreadom » Tue 04.01.2008 9:18 pm

I'm not on a Mac, so I'm not sure I can be of any real help... but...

I was trying to sign on through Pidgin here, and it wouldn't let me until I'd installed Pandion and used the "Sign up" button on that to sign up on the server... then I was able to use the same settings as before in Pidgin and could sign on.

As you're not on a Windows PC, I'm not sure how much help that will be... and as I'm not familiar with Jabber etc, I can't help much more off the top of my head. :(

Maybe there is a way to do something equivalent in Adium to the "Sign up" option in Pandion.

This is discussed in some recent posts at the end of the "Can't log in on pandion :S" thread here in the Problems forum.

Sorry I can't be more help.
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Return to Problems