Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - what does [ ] mean? plus grammar problem.

what does [ ] mean? plus grammar problem.

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

what does [ ] mean? plus grammar problem.

Postby deathknight777 » Fri 01.13.2006 4:37 am

the below is my japanese paragraph, can please anyone check if is correct grammar? plus is there a website where i can put kanji and becomes romaji? cause i think alot of people would think im bad keep on asking problems on how to make it romaji. btw i used a program to do this and these [ ] things keep poping out, can u tell me wuts wrong?

昨日、私は見知らぬ場所に入りました。不思議な材料でいっぱいになったのですが、私はこれの真ん中に【すべての四方八方に部屋であるように見える変な場所.】立ちます。テーブルのトップの上にいくらかのcdsがあります。しかし私はいつ【私が私の権利面.の上にそこであるベッドがベッドのそばに漫画であるのが分かる】それを得ようとします。ちょうどいつ私は漫画を呼んでくるつもりで、私は下を見る私は雪と何か同類のものを見る。しかし後で単なる床だったのが分かって。ちょうどその時私は私の後に【私の他の大きい水晶もの.が単なる大きい窓だったのが分かる】【そこがある】冷たさを感じました。私がだれか私の左の面に触れているのを感じたより、そして、私は母の.を見る、私が実現するちょうどその時、私は私の部屋について自分の部屋の中に夢を見ました。

Yesterday, I went into a strange place. I stand in the middle of this strange place. it seems to be a room, filled with weird stuff, in every direction. There are some cds on top of a table. But when I try to get it, I realize there are a bed on my right side. there are comics beside the bed. Just when I was going to get the comics, I look down and I see something similar to snow. But later realizing that it was just a floor. Just then I felt a chill, behind me there is a big crystal thing. but I realize it was just a big window. Than I felt someone touching on my left side, and I see my mom. just then I realize, I had a dream inside my own room about my room!

my english trans ^^^ thanks in advance :)
deathknight777

RE: what does [ ] mean? plus grammar problem.

Postby zengargoyle » Fri 01.13.2006 5:19 am

those things 【it seems to me】 are parenthetical asides. i like them 【isn't it obvious?】 and use them 【even though it might not be a good idea...】 almost every chance i get. :D

edit:

kanji -> romaji
http://www.j-talk.com/nihongo/

really, google is your friend. 【search: kanji to romaji】
Last edited by zengargoyle on Fri 01.13.2006 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
zengargoyle

Return to Problems