Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - FAQ?

FAQ?

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

FAQ?

Postby Sachi » Mon 03.06.2006 6:42 pm

I was just wondering what everyone thinks of this idea -_-; With so many members, and many new members joining every day, we get a lot of repeated questions and topics, which is kind of annoying to those who are on often and keep answering them over and over again. It takes up time, space, and energy, right? So I was wondering what everyone thinks of singling out the most frequently asked questions and creating official threads or something answering them.

I know I’ve seen this a few times at least before, but I was wondering what everyone thinks of more regularly doing it. If you don’t mind doing it, you could, for example, post an official thread on a particular grammar point, and others could politely correct the content if necessary, and those who need to look it up can just visit your thread.

I know that people could just look it up in the grammar or other sections, so this may sound a little stupid. But I just wanted to see everyone’s ideas, because TJP is growing very fast, and it seems more and more hostility is being shown to those that are new for asking repeated questions (repeated to the regulars, but remember, not repeated to them!). Not everyone (especially myself) is a master at Japanese, and not all have all the resources to learn, so this site is a great place to start. Let’s continue to be a diverse community, right? :)
Sachi

RE: FAQ?

Postby Zeo » Mon 03.06.2006 7:14 pm

*Thread moved to "Problems, Errors, Comments (good or bad) about TheJapanesePage.com" forum*

Well, a FAQ thread would be possible I guess. A thread about the particles I really don't think is necessary.. The little time it takes to press the "grammer" button should be just as many clicks as it is for a person to click into the forum and into that exactly thread about the same thing. ^^

If new members took time to look around on the site, many of their questions would be answered without they even needed to post.

There is a search button also in the menu to the left. Press the option: search for; "forum posts." Very useful, I've found many answers that way without making a new thread about a question that is already answered.

;)

Have a nice day,
- Zeo
Zeo

Native language: Norwegian

Postby Zeo » Wed 03.15.2006 7:36 pm

Hello, waking up the thread again to say this. ;)

Instead of making a thread in the forums about FAQ, I will update the FAQ that is already on the site.. I hope to be done with this soon.. So if you people have something you think should be in the FAQ, send me a PM. But not before I'm done updating it, no point in sending a PM about something i might already have done. :) So, in a week or two hope I will be done with some updating. :)

A little update on the avatar will come, I will add how you make a sig with image, I will explain how to make a word, instead of a whole long link..and some more stuff.

I hope this will help our new members, and maybe also some of the elder members? :)

Have a good day,
- Zeo
Zeo

Postby clay » Wed 03.15.2006 8:30 pm

Zeo, Maybe you could use this thread to get feedback on questions and the answers. That way people can make suggestions and anyone could submit possible questions or answers.
clay
Site Admin

Postby Zeo » Thu 03.16.2006 9:37 am

Maybe you could use this thread to get feedback on questions and the answers. That way people can make suggestions and anyone could submit possible questions or answers.

Yes, yes! Sounds good Clay. Let's do that people? :)

EDIT: But only if it's OK for the author of this thread of course. :)
Last edited by Zeo on Thu 03.16.2006 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeo

Return to Problems