Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - LearnKana tool

LearnKana tool

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

RE: LearnKana tool

Postby Xmax » Mon 04.18.2005 5:10 am

redfoxer wrote:
distinguishing between hirigana and katakana is easily done as hirigana is more curvasive and katakana more blocky. The only thing i found hard to learn is that some katakana characters are tricky to memorise. [...] other points in hirigana is the NU and RU and be seperated from ME and RO respectively is that the 'ooo' kana's have a looping tail. :) hope i havent confused people.

Thanks for the highlights on Katakana look-alikes. I'll make sure to pay attention to those when studying Katakana.

As per Hiragana look-alikes, such as ぬ and め, or ね, れ, and わ, etc. what helped me is that they are quite "distant" in the Kana table, and since I follow that order when learning I had the time to make sure I correctly memorize the first before having to learn the second, or the third. Hopefully, the same will work for Katakana...
Kind Regards,
Xmax
Xmax

Postby dreamingxashley » Mon 04.18.2005 12:32 pm

I think it would be neat if there was a LearnKanji program that was like the LearnKana one. :) Theres Kanji Gold which is ok, but I dont think its the best...
--Ashley
dreamingxashley

Postby SCMurphy » Mon 04.18.2005 12:39 pm

dreamingxashley wrote:
I think it would be neat if there was a LearnKanji program that was like the LearnKana one. :) Theres Kanji Gold which is ok, but I dont think its the best...

Sounds like a great idea. If you know a programmer that could do it, maybe you could find a way to bribe them into doing it. ;)

Me, I'm not a programmer, and I don't meet many in my line of work. I'm not gonna be much help unless it's as an end-user tester.
SCMurphy

Postby Daisuke » Mon 04.18.2005 1:58 pm

I had that on my mind too, and i do also know a programmer who would be able to do it, but he doesn't have alot of time... -_-'
Last edited by Daisuke on Mon 04.18.2005 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby Xmax » Tue 04.19.2005 6:41 am

dreamingxashley wrote:

Googled "Kanji Gold", found it, downloaded it, tried it. It's nice!
(btw, thanks for the pointer!!!).

Now, I'm just a beginner, but it seems to me this program does all what it is supposed to...
What are the improvements or new features you would like to have?
Kind Regards,
Xmax
Xmax

Postby ohemgee » Wed 04.20.2005 1:07 am

Domo arigato gozaimasu, Clay! This website has almost everything I need to pick up Japanese on my own... well, basic, conversational stuff, anyways. But it's great stuff. I've mastered most of the hiragana in a little over a week, and I'm working on grammar and vocabulary, which isn't so bad in romaji, but is a fun challenge in hiragana. Just a year or two more, and I'll be able to impress my JET coordinator when it's time for me to apply for the JET program.
ohemgee

Postby clay » Wed 04.20.2005 10:14 am

Thanks! But one HUGE new addition which is very helpful to all is the forum. And I have very little to do with it :) There are a lot of really helpful people here which should get the credit.
clay
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Problems