Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Questions about Pandion chat

Questions about Pandion chat

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

Questions about Pandion chat

Postby chchan45 » Fri 01.05.2007 9:25 pm

This is actually asking a question about the Pandion software rather than reporting a problem.

1. I was logged on to Pandion (but not in any chat rooms) tonight. I noticed that a member, who I have never heard of, added me to the contact list and shortly afterwards I received a personal message from that member. Being the reserved English, I refrained from replying.

The question is: is it possible to find out who is logged into Pandion chat, and if so, what did that person do to find out that I was on line?

2. Is it possible to find out who is in a chat room before joining it?

Thank you.
Reading 李香蘭 私の半生

Please note that:
1. English is not my first language.
2. I am not Japanese. I am prone to making mistakes so please point them out if you see any.
chchan45

RE: Questions about Pandion chat

Postby richvh » Fri 01.05.2007 9:37 pm

Question 1 I can't answer. For question 2, see the Who's Chatting Now link to the left.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

RE: Questions about Pandion chat

Postby zengargoyle » Fri 01.05.2007 10:21 pm

chchan45 wrote:
The question is: is it possible to find out who is logged into Pandion chat, and if so, what did that person do to find out that I was on line?

no it is not possible to find out who is logged into *Jabber* chat, except by looking at the Online Users page (which is really a "Who's in the Chatrooms" page). otherwise you have to allow another user to recieve your online status to their 'Buddy List'. i'm not familiar with other IM systems, but with Jabber you can send messages (or ask to recieve online status information) even while the other user is not currently online. so it was probably just luck that you were online to see the message.
zengargoyle

Return to Problems