Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - My problem

My problem

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

My problem

Postby shinjikun » Tue 11.27.2007 1:38 am

I know this seems like an odd request but I and a few people are wondering how you got the php-fusion to read the Japanese. When I installed it, I just get garble, and half japanese. Is there a charset mod for fusion? Your probably the expert on getting it to work. I know this seems like an odd request but know that 100 or plus students of Japanese can be helped by helping me with the knowledge that I am sure you already know.

If there is anything I can do to return the favor please let me know. I have the current install of php fusion and need to get it to work for Japanese languge. Thanks
shinjikun

RE: My problem

Postby shinjikun » Tue 11.27.2007 1:55 am

I think that my Mysql database must run the utf-8 encoding in order for it to work properly......?????
shinjikun

Postby shinjikun » Wed 11.28.2007 12:42 am

So I rebuilt the database, Ill try emailing somone here too. this is been viewed 81 times with no response. This has now become my personal blog.

I reuploaded the entire php fusion. this time with the collation of sjis_japanese_ci

It still didnt work. The database still produces problems with spaces when I type into the fusion.

But with your website I can type anything I want and it works fine like

おはようございます こんいちわ

Im sure that the space wont be a z88; to save time I beg of anyone that knows anythiing about this to help.. thanks
shinjikun

Postby shinjikun » Wed 11.28.2007 12:58 am

Your charset seems to be set at x-jis which is exactly what I need to have happen.
shinjikun

Postby chikara » Wed 11.28.2007 1:07 am

Well, firstly you have started this thread under Feedback to tjp.com -> Problems

Your problem running php-fusion on your server has nothing to do with this site.

You might get a better response if you posted on the PHP-Fusion forums.

The vast majority of people on these forums are not IT people (although there are some of us) but are students of the Japanese language.

Also please read item 4 under Forum Etiquette

HAND :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby shinjikun » Wed 11.28.2007 1:20 am

If its any concellation, This site is something I completely look up to. Yea I understand rules, I will have my own similar rules when I get mine up, and I will once I get that charset to be x-jis. I am a student in the Japanese language as well, and I feel you I really do. There is nothing like saving a guy 4 or mabye 10 hours figuring it out himself, and I'm about half way there. once I understand how to change that charset im done. The database is set, I believe and hopefully it will be done and my shoutbox and all the fun stuff you guys do on here, people I know can experience. There is nothing like saying on my site about this site and how people helped me out. I must go rebuild my database again.

Hey once I am done with this whole thing, id love to talk to all of you and all that jazz, and live up to forum etiquettes etc. see ya.

as far as the php fusion forums yea I will go there, figured Id go straight to a source that has it all worked out, first.
Last edited by shinjikun on Wed 11.28.2007 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
shinjikun

Postby chikara » Wed 11.28.2007 1:40 am

The only person here who could answer your question is probably zengargoyle and he hasn't been around much lately. You could try sending Clay a PM but although he is the owner of this site I believe the technical side is done by others.

がんばって :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Return to Problems