Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 贈呈の私は

贈呈の私は

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

贈呈の私は

Postby Idonthaveaname » Tue 04.02.2013 4:44 am

こんばんは
僕は日本語を学んで6月です

大きい問題の僕も辞書を過ぎです

How was that?
Idonthaveaname

Native language: Spanish

Re: 贈呈の私は

Postby whizkid » Thu 04.11.2013 7:58 pm

Idonthaveaname wrote:こんばんは
僕は日本語を学んで6月です

大きい問題の僕も辞書を過ぎです

How was that?

Let me rephrase this:こんばんは
僕は日本語を学んで6月です--> Did you mean Hello, I`m studying Japanese for 6 months already ?
It should be こんにちは。僕は日本語を勉強するのにもう6ヶ月間です。
大きい問題の僕も辞書を過ぎですーー> I dont know what you are trying to say here.

and about your subject.
贈呈の私は-> are you introuducing yourself? then it should be 自己紹介 which means self-introduction.
whizkid

Native language: visayan

Postby Idonthaveaname » Sun 04.14.2013 4:26 pm

whizkid wrote:大きい問題の僕も辞書を過ぎですーー> I dont know what you are trying to say here.

That will mean: "My biggest problem is that I use the dictionary too much"

and about your subject.
贈呈の私は-> are you introuducing yourself? then it should be 自己紹介 which means self-introduction.

OK, I didn't know that word.
Off to practice more then.
Idonthaveaname

Postby SomeCallMeChris » Mon 04.15.2013 1:05 am

Idonthaveaname wrote:
whizkid wrote:大きい問題の僕も辞書を過ぎですーー> I dont know what you are trying to say here.

That will mean: "My biggest problem is that I use the dictionary too much"

At the risk of being wrong, that would be something -more- like,
僕の第一大きいな問題は辞書を引きすぎることです

That may not be 100% correct, but it should be understandable.

Your version reads like 'Largest problem's me also is dictionary exceed' ... as best as I can translate something that doesn't really make sense.

Japanese word order takes quite a bit of adjusting to. It's important to look at a lot of sentences with reliable translations until you can get a feel for it. Understanding phrases and patterns is every bit as important if not more important than understanding individual words.
SomeCallMeChris

Native language: English

Postby Shiroisan » Mon 04.15.2013 2:47 am

...this is the kind of thing that happens when people skip solid beginner resources and try to piece together their own understanding of the language with no concept of the fundamentals. :think:

OP I strongly, strongly recommend in investing in a beginner textbook. It would show you all the vocabulary and grammar you were looking to use to express this sentiment and much more. I always recommend Genki 2nd edition, and no I'm not being paid to say that.

But for now I'll assist by saying-

You're using "の” backwards. If you want to say "my dog" it's わたしのいぬ。 It is not いぬのわたし。

Next, If you want to say that you *verb* something too much, this is accomplished by:

*verb stem* + *すぎる*
たべすぎました。 = I ate too much.

For a concrete understand of associated grammar, again, invest in a beginner textbook. If you have any specific questions everyone here is always happy to help. :bow:
Shiroisan

Native language: Eigo

Postby SomeCallMeChris » Mon 04.15.2013 11:08 am

Tae Kim's Guide to Japanese Grammar is also available in Spanish, although it's better as a supplement to a textbook rather than a replacement of a textbook. http://www.guidetojapanese.org/spanish/index.html

Unfortunately, the 'complete guide to Japanese' hasn't been translated yet, I think.
SomeCallMeChris

Native language: English

Postby Idonthaveaname » Tue 10.15.2013 10:37 pm

今、何がするすれか。
What to do now?

ゲンキとタイキムを終了して 僕が練習するしないといけない でも何も練習するせず知らない。
I have finished Genki and Tae Kim, I know I have to practice but I don't know what to practice.
Idonthaveaname

Postby Ongakuka » Wed 10.16.2013 4:23 am

今、何がするすれか。
What to do now?

ゲンキとタイキムを終了して 僕が練習するしないといけない でも何も練習するせず知らない。
I have finished Genki and Tae Kim, I know I have to practice but I don't know what to practice.

If you feel absolutely confident that you've mastered everything they have to offer, I'd suggest buying an easy manga (a popular JUMP manga like One Piece or Naruto) and reading it. Reading actual Japanese is hard work at first but if you are reading something enjoyable you won't be put off.

By the way I think 「何をして練習すればいいか分からない」 would match your English better. (Recently I don't have any confidence in my Japanese though :sweatdrop: )
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Postby Idonthaveaname » Thu 10.17.2013 9:41 pm

Ongakuka wrote: If you feel absolutely confident that you've mastered everything they have to offer, I'd suggest buying an easy manga (a popular JUMP manga like One Piece or Naruto) and reading it. Reading actual Japanese is hard work at first but if you are reading something enjoyable you won't be put off.

コミクスを読みにくいです。
A manga will be too difficult.

私は漢字が学びます。
I need to practice kanij.
Idonthaveaname

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)