Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hajimemashite!!

Hajimemashite!!

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

Hajimemashite!!

Postby tokyo longborder » Mon 02.18.2008 3:35 am

Hi This is Ebi japanese male who live in Tokyo. I study English on my own but no good yet. I want to practice my speaking and listening. If you like, please help with my English. Let's have fun together!!
EBI
tokyo longborder

RE: Hajimemashite!!

Postby Bio Akari » Tue 02.19.2008 11:29 pm

Hi, my name is Brittany. I'm learning Japanese. Maybe we can help each other.

~~~~~
Your doing pretty good...I'm impressed :D
I'm sure you're way better in English than I am in Japanese.
anatawa jouzu desu ne
Last edited by Bio Akari on Wed 02.20.2008 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bio Akari

Postby Salza600 » Tue 02.19.2008 11:52 pm

どうぞ よろしく!

I'm learning Japanese, maybe we can help each other out!
Last edited by Salza600 on Wed 02.20.2008 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
南無阿弥陀仏!
Salza600

Postby Kisshu » Wed 02.20.2008 12:00 am

Salza600 wrote:
どぞ よろしく!

Bio Akari wrote:
anatawa jozu desu ne

Oops. You both missed an う
ぞよろしく

anata wa jouzu desu ne

Anyway, nice to meet you dude! I hope we can help you out!

**BTW guys... he asked for help with his English... don't try to get him to teach you Japanese so soon... XP

EDIT: Haha. I bet I'm not backed up, hm?
Last edited by Kisshu on Wed 02.20.2008 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ラブラブ!!<3
My Japanese Blog: http://www.jellyfishsushi.blogspot.com
My Art: http://www.k-i-s-s-h-u.deviantart.com
Kisshu

Postby Salza600 » Wed 02.20.2008 12:03 am

haha thanks :)
南無阿弥陀仏!
Salza600

Re: Hajimemashite!!

Postby ss » Mon 02.25.2008 8:08 am

TokyoLongborderさん、はじめまして。

I'm a learner of Japanese. I like to ask a lot of questions, I hope it doesn't annoy you.
During your absence, there were some posts added in your thread. (I think you've probably read them from the old site.)

I would transfer the posts here and please take a look. I would also like to invite your comments/opinions on those. Thanks in advance. ^_^

Tony-san wrote
TJPへようこそ!

トニーと申します。

TJPの日本語勉強者とお互いに母国語を楽しんで勉強(いや、遊びかもしれません!)してくださいませんか?

ところが、東京のどこですか?私は石神井公園、亀有、そして吉祥寺に住みましたが、それは大昔のことです。

トニー

Simon86 wrote:
I'm up for that!

はじめまして。 私はサイモンです。 にじゅういちさいです。 いぎりすじんです。 どうそよろしく。

Sorry my Japanese is primative... I've only really started the Genki books.

Your English is really good considering you study alone! I'll do what I can to help your English.

あなたはなんさいですか。

tokyo longborder wrote:
俺はとうきょうにすむ37さいのおとこです。

tokyo longborder wrote:
トニー メッセージありがとう。石神井公園に住んでたの?すごい近い。俺は同じ西武池袋線の清瀬だよ。知ってるでしょ?石神井公園から所沢方面に乗って5 つ目の駅だよ。今もうアメリカにいるんでしょ?残念だね。もしトニーが住んでるときに知り合いになってたら一緒に遊べたのにね!日本に帰ってくる予定はあ るの?anyway talk to you soon Yuichi

tokyo longborder wrote:
このサイトのことを良く知らないんだけど、俺のプロフィールからメールアドレス分からないの?anyway 日本語上手だね。何年間日本語の勉強してるの?日本語の学校に行ってるの?
ちなみにメールアドレスは、 hangfive70@yahoo.co.jp メールちょうだい! じゃ~ね!!

Tony-san wrote:
本当に懐かしいですよ。毎日会社から帰った時、西武線のドコカ、ちょと土を離れた高いところから、赤い日を背景に富士山をたまに見えました。ああいう夕方を思い出すと、何となくいい気分がします。

よく公園を歩き回りましたが、三宝寺の池のそばに、私のことをきらいみたいなガチョウがいます。毎度池の近くに歩いたと、そのガチョウに攻められました。 馬鹿のようにあっちこっちに走りましたが、そのがんこなガチョウは私を追いかけました。友達はみんな笑ってしまいましたが私にとっては、あの「必殺仕事ガ チョウ」はイキ攻め道具なんでした。<笑>

今ワーシントンDCの近くに住みます。日本に戻りたい、なぁ。

Sigh.

I miss Japan.

Talk to you soon!!

Tony

tokyo longborder wrote:
今ワシントンの近くに住んでるんだ。西海岸の方やハワイにはよく行くけど、東海岸のほうには行った事がない。きっと東京都同じで寒いんだろうね。西武池袋 沿線は田舎だけど、静かで良い所だよね。日本で何していたの?東京は寒いけど、この季節は空気が澄んでるから、毎日うちの団地からきれいな富士山が見れる よ。本当にこの季節の富士山はきれいだよ。とろろでトニーがこのサイトの管理者なの?たまたま見つけたサイトだけど、このサイトはすごいね。こんなに日本 に興味がある人が多いのかとびっくりしてます。 
日本があまりにも寒いので、今晩から南国のグアムに逃げます。帰ったらまた連絡します。

SS wrote:
Sorry, out of my curiosity.
I understand that using 敬語 is not that easy, it depends on many many different situations.
I also understand it may be a casual conversation, but please may I ask some questions concerning 俺 and の ?

1) Can we use the masculine 俺 with feminine の like that?
2) How often do native Japanese people use the word 俺? Let’s say, for a cybernet forum like this, we have no idea about the age and the background, etc of the other party. Will it sound better, avoiding俺 ?
3) Assuming others are all younger than we are, will it still be appropriate to use 俺 , or this is just simply a personal preference, the style one selects to communicate?
4) What level of 礼儀 can be discussed for a first-time introduction in a public forum? Does it matter?
5) Does writing politely in a public forum make one sounds like an idiot, funny comedian, stereotypical character alien?

Thanks in advanced.

Coco-san wrote:
SSさん
こんばんからグアムに行きます。戻ってくるのは25日の夜です。その間返事が出せません。でも、何か質問があれば、メールをください。日本に戻ったら返事します。 

As OP said he won't access this page until 25th's night (JST), and posts made after 21st aren't transferred to new site ( would read only on s152453462 site), so I doubt if OP will notice your questions.

I'd like to tell some of my opinion about your question. I wondered if it's better to make a new thread or not. But making a new thread has less chances that OP would read it, even if he accesses to TJP before the moving. So I add my post on this thread.

1) Can we use the masculine 俺 with feminine の like that?
このサイトのことを良く知らないんだけど、俺のプロフィールからメールアドレス分からないの?anyway 日本語上手だね。何年間日本語の勉強してるの ?日本語の学校に行ってるの ?

If you are male and talk with your friends or much younger person, this type of speech is often used.

2) Let’s say, for a cybernet forum like this, we have no idea about the age and the background, etc of the other party. Will it sound better, avoiding 俺 ?

In my opinion, avoiding 俺 is much better. Because if you are male and use 俺, you would be unable to have complaints to someone who call you "お前(or あんた)". Then you would have to accept every intemperate languages.

Moreover, here, TJP forum is 日本語を磨こう site, so if OP( Japanese ) uses 俺, he cannot explain that using あんた/お前 is supposed to be rude, except in the case of a person whom you( a Japanese learner) know well.
That is why many experienced members advise you to avoid 俺 many times.

3) Assuming others are all younger than we are, will it still be appropriate to use 俺, or this is just simply a personal preference, the style one selects to communicate?

There are some thoughts about using 俺. As you know, the factors that affect someone's speech are various. The region, age, environment of his/her childhood, education, occupation, etc. So some societies don't much care about using 俺. They use it even when they are talking with elder people or even customers. On the other hand, there are many men who never use 俺, even when they are talking with people who are much younger than him.

4) What level of 礼儀 can be discussed for a first-time introduction in a public forum? Does it matter?

It is obvious that OP hadn't read forum rules, nor Forum etiquette. 
(He made multiple posts before.)

I don’t think OP takes this thread as a part of a public forum, guessing he contributed some posts just as he wrote private mails (or he responded just like this is his blog).
俺 was used on the posts to Simon86-san, Tony-san, kisshu-san. So if they don't mind, there is no problem, maybe, regardless of some impressions that many readers, who have an experience of living in Japan, would have.
(I thought OP would not use such a talk- like-friends' style for at least Tony-san, if OP had ever glanced at Mr.Bryant's website.)

In my personal experience, most men in his middle 30s use a different speech style from OP's at a public place/forum, if he knows how to behave.

5) Does writing politely in a public forum make one sounds like an idiot, funny comedian, stereotypical character alien?

As for "too polite thread", the politeness level needed for 13 years old boy can not be the same as the politeness for 37 years old man whose mother tongue is Japanese.
And the preferable politeness you need at a business scene is different from university students' speech.

Anyhow, I'd like to hear OP's opinion/though about this, also.

(下手な英語で失礼しました。)

------

……というわけでtokyo longborderさん
移転(東部時間の月曜日を予定)後にこの書き込みはすべて消えるので、早めに気づいて回答を寄せてくれることを願ってます。

SS wrote:
Cocoさん,

I appreciate your thoughtfulness and generosity in sharing your knowledge with me. Thank you very much for taking the time to write. And please don’t worry about your English, your English has improved marvellously, keep it up!

I know they are not backing up the messages, I have, however, backed them up, btw. If it doesn’t show up in the new site, I’ll create a new thread on this particular subject once the TJP2 is up.

Just a side talk. One of my friends (a teacher), exclaims that nowadays teachers have become helpless to discipline students. Youngsters today have no respect for anybody. The top students do not bother to listen as they have enough tuition to help them score. The bad ones are completely switched off. As regards to the development of moral standards in the growing individual, she thinks that consistency is very important in both school and parental teaching. To forbid one thing one day and excuse it the next is no foundation for morality.

The cybernet world today provides greater access to differences of opinion. I’m truly glad to have you here, as reading your posts have been an enlightening experience. Good education should include something like those, to help us grow intellectually and culturally.
Last edited by ss on Thu 03.13.2008 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
ss

Native language: English speaking family

Postby tokyo longborder » Mon 02.25.2008 10:32 pm

Everybody Thank you for contacting me!! I'm really glad to got them. your japanese skill is not problem for me. My English is poor Let's help each other!! If you want to do language exchange with me. Please send me a mail directly. My E ad is beach7355@yahoo.co.jp I'm looking forward to hearing from you
EBI
tokyo longborder

Postby coco » Tue 02.26.2008 7:00 am

SS wrote:
I like to ask a lot of questions, I hope it doesn't annoy you.

tokyo longborder wrote:Everybody Thank you for contacting me!! I'm really glad to got them. your japanese skill is not problem for me. My English is poor Let's help each other!! If you want to do language exchange with me. Please send me a mail directly. My E ad is beach7355@yahoo.co.jp I'm looking forward to hearing from you

:?:

SS-san is asking about the correlation between the politeness and the speech (include a first personal pronoun) .
引用が長いので読みにくかったのかもしれませんが、SSさんは他者への敬意表現のあり方と一人称を含む話し方の関係について質問しておられます。
こちらから、元のやりとりをご覧になれます。
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Postby ss » Wed 02.27.2008 9:07 pm

Coco-san,

I'll be away for a month or so. I have very busy schedule in March and there will be a very important, final exam in early April for me.
But, it's always nice to know that you're forever there to help me learn and back me up, I'm thankful, and that's good enough.

See you then.
ss

Native language: English speaking family

Postby Kudo Masaki » Sat 03.01.2008 8:27 pm

こんにちはございます。 はじめまして、僕はジェイコブです、と僕はミュシックを愛。 :)
Kudo Masaki

Postby xhilononi234 » Sat 03.22.2008 3:32 pm

はじめまして、 どうぞよろしく! アメリカ人です。日本語をべんきょうしています。でも、 すぐ しゅくだい が しなければなりません。 大学で日本語とフランス語とスペイン語を学ぶつもりです :D
xhilononi234

Postby glenda garcia » Mon 04.21.2008 8:11 pm

Hajimemashite
Konichiwa Glenda desu. Mekishiko jin desu. Supeingo wo hanashimasu
jibunde nihongo o benkyoushite totemo suki desu :D
nihon ga ryoukoshitai desu
renshuushinakereba naranai sorekara dareka hanashitai??
doomo arigatou
Glenda
glenda garcia

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)