Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - やまださん の ものがたり。 Could someone help me?

やまださん の ものがたり。 Could someone help me?

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

やまださん の ものがたり。 Could someone help me?

Postby xhilononi234 » Sat 03.22.2008 2:44 pm

This is a story I wrote about some college student named Yamada-san and his weekend. Could someone correct it?

これ は やまださん の ものがたり です。やまださん がすぐ だいがくいんせいになる だいがくの四ねんせい です。ごせんもん が 日本語と えい語 です。、金曜日、六時半ごぜん に あさごは ん を たべました。七時に だいがく に でんしゃ で 行きました。七時十分に 日本語 の クラス へ 行きました。 日本語 の クラスを 七時二十分 から 八時二十分までです。それから、やまださん は えい語のクラス へ行きました。 あのクラスは十時から十一時までです。そして、りょう の へや に かえりました。じゅくだい を しました。土曜日、ジムへ行きました。うんどうをしました。日曜日、九時十五分ごぜんに日本まちのダウンタウンへ友人と行きました。十二時にレストランに行きました。 おすしとおちゃをおはしでたべてのみました。そして、デパートでかいものをしました。やまださんはカメラと本を買いました。けれども、友人は何も買いませんでした。四人でテニスをしました。 やまださんは五時半ごごにりょうへかえりました。 ラーメンをたべました。つかれましたから、十時ごごにねました。
I think that I made a mistake with the を particle. I accidentally used it somewhere when I should've used wa or ga. I couldn't find it. Maybe I already fixed it.
xhilononi234

Re: やまださん の ものがたり。 Could someone help me?

Postby richvh » Sat 03.22.2008 6:10 pm

xhilononi234 wrote:This is a story I wrote about some college student named Yamada-san and his weekend. Could someone correct it?
これ は やまださん の ものがたり です。やまださん がすぐ だいがくいんせいになる だいがくの四ねんせい です。

Maybe 山田さんは大学院生になるところの大学四年生です。 Though I think you should call him just "Yamada" in narration.
ごせんもん が 日本語と えい語 です。

Over polite. Drop the honorific ご. 専門は日本語と英語です。

Extraneous comma
金曜日、六時半ごぜん に あさごは ん を たべました。

Gozen and gogo go before the time, not after.
金曜日、午前六時半に朝ご飯を食べました。
七時に だいがく に でんしゃ で 行きました。七時十分に 日本語 の クラス へ 行きました。

クラス isn't the course, or the classroom, it's the group of people taking the course. 日本語の教室 would be better. (きょうしつ - classroom)
日本語 の クラスを 七時二十分 から 八時二十分までです。

And here 日本語の授業 is better. (じゅぎょう - class work)
それから、やまださん は えい語のクラス へ行きました。 あのクラスは十時から十一時までです。そして、りょう の へや に かえりました。じゅくだい を しました。

I think you mean しゅくだい.
土曜日、ジムへ行きました。うんどうをしました。日曜日、九時十五分ごぜんに日本まちのダウンタウンへ友人と行きました。十二時にレストランに行きました。 おすしとおちゃをおはしでたべてのみました。

食べてみました
そして、デパートでかいものをしました。やまださんはカメラと本を買いました。けれども、友人は何も買いませんでした。

けれども isn't usually used at the beginning of a sentence. しかし or でも would be better.
四人でテニスをしました。 やまださんは五時半ごごにりょうへかえりました。 ラーメンをたべました。つかれましたから、十時ごごにねました。
I think that I made a mistake with the を particle. I accidentally used it somewhere when I should've used wa or ga. I couldn't find it. Maybe I already fixed it.
[/quote]
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby xhilononi234 » Sat 03.22.2008 9:40 pm

それから、やまださん は えい語のクラス へ行きました。 あのクラスは十時から十一時までです。そして、りょう の へや に かえりました。じゅくだい を しました。

I think you mean しゅくだい."
Should I have used Shugyou or Shukudai? I'm still not clear.

土曜日、ジムへ行きました。うんどうをしました。日曜日、九時十五分ごぜんに日本まちのダウンタウンへ友人と行きました。十二時にレストランに行きました。 おすしとおちゃをおはしでたべてのみました。

食べてみました

I was trying to connect 食べる with 飲む using the Te-form, not trying to say that they were trying to eat with chopsticks. Can two te-form verbs be connected even if they have different subjects? ex: おすしを食べておちゃを飲みました。(should be a comma between the 食べてand おちゃ ?
xhilononi234

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Sat 03.22.2008 9:50 pm

The key with て is that the two actions have to be sequential. You can't mix subjects like you did in your original essay; your revised sentence is grammatically fine, but what it means is "[someone] ate sushi, and then drank tea."

おすしとおちゃをおはしでたべてのみました literally means "[subject] ate sushi and tea with chopsticks, and then drank."
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Native language: English

Postby richvh » Sun 03.23.2008 9:21 am

xhilononi234 wrote:

I think you mean しゅくだい."
Should I have used Shugyou or Shukudai? I'm still not clear.

授業(Jugyou) is classwork (done in the classroom, both the lecture and whatever work the students do), 宿題(shukudai) is homework (done at home); you can't mix them. In the first case, it's the class itself, so 授業 is appropriate; in the second, he's back in the dorm doing his assignment, so 宿題 is appropriate.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Tonkatu » Tue 03.25.2008 2:26 pm

xhilononi234 wrote:This is a story I wrote about some college student named Yamada-san and his weekend. Could someone correct it?

これ は やまださん の ものがたり です。やまださん がすぐ だいがくいんせいになる だいがくの四ねんせい です。ごせんもん が 日本語と えい語 です。、金曜日、六時半ごぜん に あさごは ん を たべました。七時に だいがく に でんしゃ で 行きました。七時十分に 日本語 の クラス へ 行きました。 日本語 の クラスを 七時二十分 から 八時二十分までです。それから、やまださん は えい語のクラス へ行きました。 あのクラスは十時から十一時までです。そして、りょう の へや に かえりました。じゅくだい を しました。土曜日、ジムへ行きました。うんどうをしました。日曜日、九時十五分ごぜんに日本まちのダウンタウンへ友人と行きました。十二時にレストランに行きました。 おすしとおちゃをおはしでたべてのみました。そして、デパートでかいものをしました。やまださんはカメラと本を買いました。けれども、友人は何も買いませんでした。四人でテニスをしました。 やまださんは五時半ごごにりょうへかえりました。 ラーメンをたべました。つかれましたから、十時ごごにねました。

My corrections
>これは山田さんの物語です。山田さんは今、大学4年生で、もうすぐ大学院生になります。専門は日本語と英語です。
金曜日の午前六時半(ごろ)に朝ごはんを食べて、七時に電車で大学に行きました。そして、七時十分に日本語のクラスへ行きました。日本語のクラスは七時二十分 から 八時二十分までです。
それから、山田さんは英語のクラスへ行きました。そのクラスは十時から十一時までです。
その後、寮の部屋に帰って、宿題をしました。土曜日は、ジムへ行って運動をしました。日曜日は、午前九時十五分ごろに日本町のダウンタウンへ友人と行きました。そして、十二時にレストランに行きました。
お寿司をお箸で食べて、お茶を飲みました。そして、デパートで買い物をしました。山田さんはカメラと本を買いました。
けれども、友人は何も買いませんでした。その後、四人でテニスをしてから、山田さんは午後五時半ごろに寮に帰って、ラーメンを食べました。疲れたので午後十時ごろに寝ました。

Are you saying about "Nihonbashi Denden town" in Osaka?
Tonkatu

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)