Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Basic Email

Basic Email

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

Basic Email

Postby Yogumi » Mon 04.07.2008 5:46 am

Hi everyone, before I begin i want to state the fact I am indeed new to the forums and japanese! Yoroshiku minna! :) I wanted to try using japanese with a friend over in japan. I've only taken beginners courses in japanese, so my understanding of kanji and katakana are limited haha. I could use hiragana, but I really like talk before you write concept of learning. So when I use romanji it feels if I'm learning the words first, then later on when I study more I can read ease free, because I'll know the words. I hope that makes sense lol.

So! With that said, I'm going to try to construct an email to my friend! It'll be rough and broken.. but thats why I would humbly ask you for any corrections!

Hisashiburi Megumi-chan!

Chooshi wa doo? Watashi genki desu! Tokyo no tenki wa dou desu ka? Kyou wa kumori desu.

Anata no shumi wa nan desu ka? Ongaku kanshoo desu. Anata wa? Ayumi Hamasaki suki desu!

Hopefully thats right, I need help with the harder sentences though haha. Could someone tell me what these would be translated as?
--Thank you for praying for my grandmother, she would thank you very much!
Obaasan wa pure arigatou gozimasu... eeto.. haha, not sure.
--You started work this April? Cool, how are things going at work? Knowing you I'm sure they're glad to have you!
Kinmu wa sou shigatsu? Sugoi, (insert hard sentence here lol)? Anata wa.. ureshii.. something.. lol. *sighs*

Arigatou, thanks for overlooking my work. Much appreciated. :)
Yogumi

Re: Basic Email

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Mon 04.07.2008 7:28 am

Quick comment; you've probably been told not to use "watashi" but you have to in some cases. For instance, "Anata no shumi wa nan desu ka? Ongaku kanshoo desu" sounds like "What is your hobby? It's listening to music." Just stick "watashi wa" in the beginning of the second sentence and it will be fine. Same with several other places -- you'll also have to put a "koko wa" in the weather statement.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Native language: English

Postby glenda garcia » Mon 04.21.2008 8:41 pm

Konichiwa Glenda desu
Japanese ha sukoshii shitteimasu

it is the first time in this forum so I would like to say Hello minnasan and then maybe I would like to ask some questions
I^M FROM Mexico, and speak spanish but I love japanese
Maybe tomorroy send a questions
Glenda
glenda garcia

Postby chikara » Mon 04.21.2008 9:45 pm

glenda garcia wrote:Konichiwa Glenda desu
Japanese ha sukoshii shitteimasu

it is the first time in this forum so I would like to say Hello minnasan and then maybe I would like to ask some questions
I^M FROM Mexico, and speak spanish but I love japanese
Maybe tomorroy send a questions

初めまして
TJPへようこそ!

BTW, it would have been better for you to start a new thread in the Introductions forum rather than resurrect this old thread with a completely OT post :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby AJBryant » Tue 04.22.2008 11:31 am

Welcome--

but please DO NOT HIJACK THREADS.

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)