Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Let's practice Japanese in hiragana.

Let's practice Japanese in hiragana.

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

Re: Let's practice Japanese in hiragana.

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Mon 06.09.2008 5:24 pm

Hardi_E wrote:Right まだ なにも わかりません。 is good too. Even though when I were to translate it to english. I would translate it as: still understand nothing. Witch is not same as, don't know nothing. So I think しらない was right, but without the knowing whole context people would expect, that I would use verb "understand".

The difference between "understand" and "know" is not the same as the difference between わかる and しる. Don't depend on English translations for your understanding of Japanese expressions.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Native language: English

Postby richvh » Mon 06.09.2008 5:33 pm

知る shows acquaintance with something, so if you read the book all day and at the end, まだなにも知らない, you weren't really reading it.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby Hardi_E » Tue 06.10.2008 5:57 am

richvh どうも。 さてさて を わかりました。 (I now understand) Actually I learned the word しらない not very long ago and I wanted to use it all the time so much, but couldn't come up with a good sentence where it would fit perfectly. So I thought maybe it would go with this one.. I guess it would have been easier to use しる. But I still like the verb しらない I continually have desire to use it everywhere. I must tame my tameless desire. :P

いちにちじゅう セメントふくる はこんで みる が、 しんよう を しません。
I try to carry cement bags the whole day, but I have no confidence about it.

いちにちじゅう セメントふくる はかんで も かまわなさい が、 べんとう たべて は いけない。 Although, I don't mind if u carry cement bags whole day, don't eat from my lunch box.

PS. It seems that I have got too much attracted by the word いちにちじゅう too.
Hardi_E

Native language: エストニアご

Postby NathanSp » Tue 06.10.2008 10:10 am

Better not learn ”少しずつ” or "相変わらず" then. I use those two way too much.
NathanSp

Postby Hardi_E » Wed 06.18.2008 4:02 am

ええと、 れんしゅう は なまかました でした。 ぼく は ほんとうに いま はじ です。 すみません。

きょう、 あめ が ふります ので、 れんしゅう を します。 ええと。。 きのう も あめ が ふました、 ので うろいました。

BTW. I tried to read some on-line Japanese children books in hiragana from http://www.childrenslibrary.org. I think Japanese kids must be really smart, because, even when I was able to find words from dictionary I couldn't understand.. It did feel boring. With Japanese newspaper through of the http://www.hiragana.jp. I had little more luck. At least I was able to understand some page titles.
Hardi_E

Postby becki_kanou » Wed 06.18.2008 9:39 am

Hardi_E wrote:ええと、 れんしゅう は なまかました でした。 ぼく は ほんとうに いま はじ です。 すみません。

Do you want to say "I goofed off / was lazy"? If so, you don't need でした and it should be  れんしゅう  なまました。 Also I think you want to say はずかしい not はじ.
はじ is a noun meaning shame and はずかしい is an adjective meaning ashamed or embarrassed.

きょう、 あめ が ふります ので、 れんしゅう を します。 ええと。。 きのう も あめ が ふました、 ので うろいました。

あめ が ふました。Who or what got wet? In this situation you should probably use ぬれました. うるおいました sounds more like "became moist/damp".

BTW. I tried to read some on-line Japanese children books in hiragana from http://www.childrenslibrary.org. I think Japanese kids must be really smart, because, even when I was able to find words from dictionary I couldn't understand.. It did feel boring. With Japanese newspaper through of the http://www.hiragana.jp. I had little more luck. At least I was able to understand some page titles.

I think I'm the second person to quote him on this today, but as Yudan said, "aimed at children" does not equal "easy". Even very young kids can already instinctively grasp conjugations and grammar patterns that would make second language learners go crazy.

Don't let it get you down, though. Keep practicing little by little, every day.
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Postby Hardi_E » Fri 06.20.2008 4:31 am

Damn I was first to use はずかしい instead of はじ but then noticed that it's adjective, and switched into something non adjective. Somehow I thought that there's no way that the word I need there could be a adjective. Adjectives are such complicated creatures. けいようしく は こわい だ。

ぼく は もういちど れんしゅう を なまけました。
かようび も あめ が ふりました、 ので ぼく を ぬれおいました。

きょう、 おもな パイプ が また ながれでます。 それで われわれ は おゆ を またしでも もっていません。
Today we don't have hot water again, because the main pipe is broken again.

Yes it's important to practice every day. when keep even a short break, everything learned so far will fade away. Also reading is important to remember all hiragana. Writing practice is useless to learn them, because IME does all the hard job for me. When I had to learn Russian as second language in elementary school. It took me less than 2 week to remember all Cyrillic, but now.. I have been learning Japanese already.. I even don't know how long, but still need to look up some hiragana to be sure when reading.. especially さ,ち,ら and ね,め,ぬ... and lot of others, that are similar to each other and hard to remember.
Hardi_E

Postby Akiahara » Fri 06.20.2008 8:42 am

ぬ、め give me problems sometimes, too... though my real difficulty is with katakana. GRR.

ええと。。。わたしたち は なに を して です か。 ひさしぶり に ひらがな で よみました。
Akiahara

Postby becki_kanou » Fri 06.20.2008 9:48 am

Hardi_E wrote:ぼく は もういちど れんしゅう を なまけました。

I think you want to say "I goofed off again." If so, you should say また rather than もういちど.

かようび も あめ が ふりましたので、 ぼく  ぬれました。

You should break it up differently and change the particle from を to が, because ぼく is the subject not the object of ぬれました。 Also remove the おい, I'm not sure where that came from.

きょう、 そうすいかん が また こわれています。 それで われわれ は おゆ が ありません

I think main pipe should be そうすいかん (water main) and ながれてます(flowing) should be こわれています(broken). The last part should be changed to おゆ が ありません。われわれ sounds very formal and is not appropriate in this context.

I
even don't know how long, but still need to look up some hiragana to be sure when reading.. especially さ,ち,ら and ね,め,ぬ... and lot of others, that are similar to each other and hard to remember.

When I was first learning ソ and ン, and シ and ツ gave me endless trouble. Now I can recognize them without a problem, but my husband still makes fun of my terrible handwriting.
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Postby Hyperworm » Fri 06.20.2008 9:56 am

Yes it's important to practice every day. when keep even a short break, everything learned so far will fade away. Also reading is important to remember all hiragana. Writing practice is useless to learn them, because IME does all the hard job for me.
Sounds like you're doing writing practice in terms of sentence composition, but you're not doing writing practice in terms of the kana - that is, handwriting practice?
Proper handwriting practice is far better for learning the hiragana than just reading. It forces you to get to know the exact shape of them, rather than just associating a vague shape with each kana that's only good enough for recall. Reading them wrong is very difficult if you can write them ._.
fun translation snippets | need something translated?
BTC@1KMZXgoWiDshQis5Z7feCx8jaiP4QAB2ks
Hyperworm

Native language: English

Postby NathanSp » Fri 06.20.2008 10:34 pm

ソ and ン still give me problems sometimes, but thankfully its usually a loanword that I can sound out to figure out which one it is.
NathanSp

Postby Akiahara » Sat 06.21.2008 6:50 am

I'm fairly new to the -te form... so I'm sure this oh so messed up, but I guess if I don't post it, I'll never know. Have to keep with it in the lull between classes in the summer. :(

The first bit... which is just a header.

「これ は おもしろくない から、みらないで ください。」

Then...

「わたし は おもしろくない なにでも はなして だけど、 ジョーナル に かきたい なにしろ。 
それ は すみません。 とにかく...」

ちがいますか。
Akiahara

Postby becki_kanou » Sat 06.21.2008 7:00 am

Akiahara wrote:I'm fairly new to the -te form... so I'm sure this oh so messed up, but I guess if I don't post it, I'll never know. Have to keep with it in the lull between classes in the summer. :(

The first bit... which is just a header.

「これ は おもしろくない から、みらないで ください。」

「みないで ください」 you don't need that ら

Then...

「わたし は おもしろくない なにでも はなして だけど、 ジョーナル に かきたい なにしろ。それ は すみません。 とにかく...」

I can't really figure out what you're trying to say. Can you post the original sentence in English?
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Postby Akiahara » Sat 06.21.2008 10:13 am

Ha, sure sign I failed. :lol:

Something like, "I'm not saying anything interesting, however i wanted to write in my journal anyhow. Anyway..."

Erm...

「なにでも」 was supposed to be 「なんでも」 I don't know if it makes a difference there, but I typoed. :evil: I have the feeling that i mixed up conjugations between おもしろい と はなす。 I'm not even sure if はなす was the right verb to use. Maybe I should have said writing... or...

わたし は べつに もっている はなす。

それ も ちがいます か。 I think I'm just all around stumped on this "nothing" or "anything" or "something" concept. >.<

Sigh... I need sleep, I think. :cry:
Akiahara

Postby richvh » Sat 06.21.2008 10:28 am

何か面白いことを話していないけど、何かをジャーナルに書きたかったのです or something like that.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

PreviousNext

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)