Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - help with furigana :D

help with furigana :D

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

help with furigana :D

Postby somenube » Sat 08.09.2008 4:19 pm

How can I get furigana for this?
  寤め興きて,諸業に先ちて,見ざるなき神の前に己を思い,敬みて立ち,己に十字架を画して誦すべし。
父と子と聖神 の名に因る。「アミン」
  之を頃くして,爾が感覚の鎮まり,爾が思の地上を離るるを俟ち,然る後心を用いて,徐に次の祈祷を誦すべし。
...and yeah it's a prayer. :)
somenube

Re: help with furigana :D

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Sat 08.09.2008 4:50 pm

somenube wrote:How can I get furigana for this?
  寤め興きて,諸業に先ちて,見ざるなき神の前に己を思い,敬みて立ち,己に十字架を画して誦すべし。
父と子と聖神 の名に因る。「アミン」
  之を頃くして,爾が感覚の鎮まり,爾が思の地上を離るるを俟ち,然る後心を用いて,徐に次の祈祷を誦すべし。
...and yeah it's a prayer. :)

I'm assuming that you just want to know how to read this, that you don't actually want "furigana". I'm going to the best I can, but this is archaic Japanese and has obscure kanji in it so it's not the easiest thing in the world.

sameokite, shogou(?) ni sakidachite, mizaru naki kami no mae ni onore wo omoi, tsutsushimite tachi, onore ni juujika (maybe "kurosu") wo kaku(?) shite jusu beshi.

Chichi to ko to seishin no na ni yoru. (amen)

Kore wo shibaraku(?) shite, nanji ga kankaku no shizumari, nanji ga omoi no chijou wo hanaruru wo machi, shikaru nochigokoro(?) wo mochiite, jo ni tsugi no kitou wo jusu beshi.

This doesn't look like prayer to me, it looks like instructions for what believers should do when they wake up in the morning (only the short middle line is sort of a prayer; it's the Catholic "in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit").
Last edited by Yudan Taiteki on Sat 08.09.2008 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Native language: English

Postby hungryhotei » Sat 08.09.2008 5:01 pm

You can find the readings of most words using a dictionary and google. This is just a guess so maybe someone will be able to correct it.

さめおきて、しょぎょうにさきたちて、みざるなきかみのまえにおのれをおもい、つつしみてたち、じゅうじかをかくしてじゅすべし。

ちちとことせいしんのなによる アミン

これをしばらくして、なんじがかんかくのしずまり、なんじがおもいのちじょうをはなるるをまち、しかるのちこころをもちいて、じょにつぎのきとうをじゅすべし。
天気がいいから、散歩しましょう。
hungryhotei

Postby coco » Thu 08.14.2008 12:50 am

このウェブサイトに入って、9/50 を見てください。
somenube wrote:I have read over 15 threads about "how to learn the kanji" and how "other people only think they are learning kanji". I am a young kid (just started high-school)) and I have been trying to teach myself Japanese for about 4 months. I learned vocabulary separately from grammar and kanji but then started to combine them. I now try to learn kanji by general on reading and kun reading as well as a "basic" idea of the meaning with some compounds (all JLPT4).

内容が少し難しいかもしれませんが。
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Thu 08.14.2008 7:38 am

I would also like to suggest to somenube that it is rude to ask for help, and then not respond at all. Even just a thank you is appropriate since people took their time out to answer this for you.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)