Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Practicing japanese through reading news

Practicing japanese through reading news

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

Practicing japanese through reading news

Postby kentaku_sama » Mon 04.20.2009 9:34 pm

Well since manga was too intense for me right now, I thought I'd go with a text resource like YAHOO Japan's website.

I found a word which was "断然お得!" I think it means something like "Totally profitable!" or "Definately sells" not sure, could someone please tell me what this means exactly because it seems to be used a few times in the same page.

I think this is a good idea because it gives me a chance to expand my vocabulary in a certain topic so I thought I'd start with shopping and buying.

I think this means something like "Desks, notes and racks starting from 30,000 yen!" デスクもノートも3万円台から!。

I have a question about this word :
 "期間限定の"  What does that mean exactly? , "Profit restriction"?
kentaku_sama

Native language: English

Re: Practicing Japanese through reading news

Postby becki_kanou » Mon 04.20.2009 10:02 pm

I think others have told you this before, but you're simply not at the point yet where you're going to benefit from using native language materials for your main study. You need to get a basic textbook and systematically work through it, doing all the exercises. A lot of the questions you've been asking can be answered with a good textbook and a dictionary.

断然お得 = a great bargain
デスクもノートも3万円台から!= Desktop and laptop computers starting at ¥30,000
期間限定= a limited time offer
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)