Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Practice Japanese or English in the TJP chat!

Practice Japanese or English in the TJP chat!

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

Re: Practice Japanese or English in the TJP chat!

Postby NileCat » Sat 03.05.2011 7:54 pm

Honestly I have no idea what kind of videos interests you. But let me tell you what I often do for my self-teaching.
There are a bunch of movie trailers on the internet. When I have time, I whimsically pick one up and make a transcript just for fun. Well, although I don’t know if those Japanese movie trailers fit your purpose, one of the pros would be that they are not that strictly protected by the copyright.
However, if you use the material just for study and don’t have an intention to make the result public, like re-posting it on YouTube, I don’t think the copyright thing will bother you. In that case, any piece, even the latest anime, would do.
NileCat

Native language: Japanese

Re: Practice Japanese or English in the TJP chat!

Postby ss » Sat 03.05.2011 11:51 pm

Thank you very much, Nilecat san. I appreciate your advice.

We actually don't want people coming to join us under any obligation, as we all know, copyright issue is still a major problem, there's no easy way to find the original source or contact the genuine authorship. Plus, not everyone spends 24 hours in front of the pc, they might have better things to do. :)

You know, LOTF speaks like a MONSTER (Muahaha to LOTF), I actually enjoy myself very much, just to watch him interacting with Chiyon san and kt san. He speaks like a Japanese, from films to work, weather, cuisine, anime and even to 糖尿病 !!!

I like the casual conversations the other day you went through with me and Dustin, it was a very enlightenening experience. Yeah, some people do talked like parrots!!! :wink: I'm looking forward to next round of peace chat. :)
ss

Native language: English speaking family

Previous

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)