Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - College

College

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

College

Postby Gan » Wed 06.28.2006 11:16 am

WELL technecally, this is about practicing Japanese. Because if I go to a college that teaches Japanese then I can study and practice.

Okay, I know alot of people on this forum are from Virginia, as am I.

Here's my question.

I would like to know if there are any comunity colleges or colleges of any sort that teach Japanese here. Is there any? See, I have a GED not a high school diploma. And I have a very good reason, I move alot. ALOT. And I was tired of it, I mean, repeating the same classes over and over again. I went to one school and almost pass a class then right when its almost semester over I move and the new school says they have differnt block and semester systems, and that I have to repeat the class I have already passed. It's annoying so I opted for GED. I want to know if there is any colleges what so ever here that will teach Japanese. Please, information is greatly appreciated.

Doumo arigatou gozaimasu.
Gan

Native language: English

RE: College

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 06.28.2006 12:11 pm

virginia communty colleges and university of virginia teach japanese that i know of.. but i never studied in school. i learned as a missionary while in japan and had further education while in the United States Army.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby Infidel » Wed 06.28.2006 4:42 pm

While Japanese is on the cirriculum of most community colleges, it usually doesn't seem to get enough signups to happen.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby chiisu321 » Mon 08.28.2006 4:53 pm

I don't know for sure, but i think the college of william and mary has japanese. The textbook for it is sold in the college library so i would imagine it is a course. VCU (Virginia Common Wealth) offers it also. I live in VA and as far as i know all the colleges offer japanese except mabye Nova. The two nearest my area are George Mason U and Radford. It's on the webpages what languages are offered, if i remember correctly.
chiisu321

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)