Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Kanji Handwriting Thread

Kanji Handwriting Thread

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

RE: Kanji Handwriting Thread

Postby tanuki » Sat 08.12.2006 6:48 pm

Hahaha :D
Ongakuka-san, I didn't know what to write so I wrote about the same thing, I hope you don't mind.

I know my handwriting sucks; I must confess I'm pretty much a waapuro-baka. But my Latin script handwriting also sucks, so I can't really blame the computer hehe. Anyway, any criticism is welcome!

僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby Ongakuka » Sun 08.13.2006 4:04 pm

Ongakuka-san, I didn't know what to write so I wrote about the same thing, I hope you don't mind.

Not at all.

I know my handwriting sucks; I must confess I'm pretty much a waapuro-baka. But my Latin script handwriting also sucks, so I can't really blame the computer hehe. Anyway, any criticism is welcome!

Well there's nothing wrong with your handwriting, after all it's perfectly legible. Perhaps you should take more time over it and it will become neater. Good stuff!
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Postby tanuki » Sun 08.13.2006 4:25 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to write more often, but I wonder what kind of "model" I should follow. You know what I mean, like more or less how my handwriting is "supposed" to look like.

By the way, that みんなさん with the crossed out ん was on purpose. Really. :)
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby metapod » Mon 08.14.2006 12:06 am

tanuki wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I will try to write more often, but I wonder what kind of "model" I should follow. You know what I mean, like more or less how my handwriting is "supposed" to look like.

By the way, that みんなさん with the crossed out ん was on purpose. Really. :)

I try to mimic my penpals' handwriting in Japanese. Maybe try to get some snail-mail penpals to help improve japanese handwriting?
metapod

Postby KNH » Mon 08.14.2006 12:31 am

tanuki wrote: By the way, that みんなさん with the crossed out ん was on purpose. Really.
Tanuki's a liar!!!! Haha, jk. I'm sure everyone has that down packed now, lol. As for your handwritting, it's pretty good. I just had a problem with your それ. I couldn't make it out at first. But, hey, it's still better than mine, haha!
Last edited by KNH on Mon 08.14.2006 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
KNH

Postby Kisshu » Fri 08.18.2006 4:41 pm

Hee... I jsut wrote a bit on Photoshop. It's actually handwriting because I have a graphics tablet to write with on the computer. So yeah... waddya think? Kinda messy, ne?
Last edited by Kisshu on Fri 08.18.2006 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ラブラブ!!<3
My Japanese Blog: http://www.jellyfishsushi.blogspot.com
My Art: http://www.k-i-s-s-h-u.deviantart.com
Kisshu

Postby WacKostRacKo » Fri 08.18.2006 5:38 pm

My teacher gave the whole class a lecture about handwriting... he said that people judge you on your handwriting and you should always try to write as best as you can. But do you write neatly or not? Is neatness better than fluency?

hmm...

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f349/wackostracko/IMG_1137.jpg
tanuki wrote:
How about:

外人: これはすしです。すしが好きです。
日本人: おお!日本語が上手ですね。
外人: Erm....what?

story of my life...
WacKostRacKo

Postby requemao » Fri 08.18.2006 9:29 pm

WacKostRacKo wrote:
My teacher gave the whole class a lecture about handwriting... he said that people judge you on your handwriting and you should always try to write as best as you can. But do you write neatly or not? Is neatness better than fluency?

From what I've gathered, it seems to me that neatness is always good (or rather that sloppiness is bad). But if your script is not only neat and legible but also "fluid", it looks much more natural, and that's a big bonus.

I also remember reading that the most highly esteemed style of calligraphy (in both China and Japan) is one where the kanji are not really "written" clearly stroke by stroke, but rather "implied" in an impressionist-like manner, with imprecise strokes that nevertheless give the general impression of the shape of the intended kanji.

As for me, I'm still too bad at Japanese, so I'll ask for someone to type something in Japanese for me, and I'll write that down (only after I understand it!) for you guys to check out my handwriting.

Oh, now that I think of it! I can photograph some of my anime DVDs! There's some Japanese on those, I'll see if I can do that.
Last edited by requemao on Fri 08.18.2006 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iwanu ga Hana
requemao

Postby requemao » Fri 08.18.2006 9:56 pm

Here you are! I hope it works...

Yay!!
Last edited by requemao on Fri 08.18.2006 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iwanu ga Hana
requemao

Postby frogmorton » Sat 08.19.2006 4:54 am

here's my handwriting. I'm nature if what I wrote was actual japanese, or at least I'm not sure whether or not it would be said naturally.
naoshite kudaisai
frogmorton

Postby requemao » Sat 08.19.2006 7:31 am

frogmorton wrote:
here's my handwriting. I'm nature if what I wrote was actual japanese

It took me a while to figure out that you meant "not sure". That must be the weirdest thing I've seen in English (no offense meant). Maybe you use speech recognition software?

Now to your handwriting, it's cool! It's "fluid", as I said in an earlier post, and perfectly readable. Only one thing: on the fourth line at the very end, there are two kanji between two の. The first of those two looks as if it were only half a kanji (like the left half of 語), so if it is one complete kanji (言), I think it should be twice as wide, just as wide as any other one.
Last edited by requemao on Sat 08.19.2006 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iwanu ga Hana
requemao

Postby richvh » Sat 08.19.2006 7:38 am

I think that's supposed to be 言葉
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby requemao » Sat 08.19.2006 7:44 am

That's what I meant, that perhaps it should be 言葉 but the 言 looks half-width.
Iwanu ga Hana
requemao

Postby richvh » Sat 08.19.2006 7:57 am

That's one of the reasons I did my sample in vertical writing - that way you can be sure whether kanji are separate of radicals of a single kanji, even if you write them skinny (which I tend to do.)
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby richvh » Sat 08.19.2006 8:01 am

Kisshu wrote:
Hee... I jsut wrote a bit on Photoshop. It's actually handwriting because I have a graphics tablet to write with on the computer. So yeah... waddya think? Kinda messy, ne?

First line, はじめました should be はじめまして. Third line, drop the を, 日本語が少し分かる is how it should read. Fourth line, I think it should be 一時半間, but I'm not entirely sure.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

PreviousNext

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)