Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Correction

Correction

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

RE: Correction

Postby tanuki » Mon 10.09.2006 2:46 pm

Ah, did you ban Iwark? I'm now wondering if you banned another certain person as well (given that the forum has been lacking in randomness lately :)).
Last edited by tanuki on Mon 10.09.2006 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
User avatar
tanuki
 
Posts: 2302
Joined: Sun 09.25.2005 9:00 pm
Location: South America

RE: Correction

Postby Sonans » Mon 10.09.2006 3:32 pm

AJBryant wrote:


The difference is, if you piss US off, you get banned *again.*

And, yes, it's Iwark, for those who don't know.


Tony[/quote]

Yes, but this time I'm here for sentences correction, not disguises.
Why did you ban me last time? I've done nothing wrong.

paul_b wrote:

Well that explains the "worrior". Did he go to the trouble of using a proxy to mask his IP or something?


I'm not here to make jokes..
Last edited by Sonans on Mon 10.09.2006 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonans
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu 06.29.2006 8:58 pm

RE: Correction

Postby paul_b » Mon 10.09.2006 3:38 pm

Sonans wrote:
Yes, but this time I'm here for sentences correction, not disguises.
Why did you ban me last time? I've done nothing wrong.

I think we were fed up of getting a headache of trying to work out what you were trying to do, trying to understand your English and being confused by your insistence that you were a native speaker of English.
User avatar
paul_b
 
Posts: 3210
Joined: Thu 06.01.2006 9:35 am

RE: Correction

Postby Sonans » Mon 10.09.2006 4:08 pm

paul_b wrote:
I think we were fed up of getting a headache of trying to work out what you were trying to do, trying to understand your English and being confused by your insistence that you were a native speaker of English.


Fine I'll explain, but I can't explain well. Last time in the last thread, I was tryingto see I can complete my objective in "American English to Japanese". My perpose in that thread was to find out the original meaning of some pharses (such as "there is plenty more where that came from"), but it failed because I didn't explain my purpose. I didn't explain because I want it to be a mystery to look like a mystery man. Maybe people don't like that thread, so one of the admins locked it.

In nins I was trying ot count all of the nins, but I asked some question because I was off task, just like ABryat saw, so he locked the first "the nins". That's when I open the second "the nins"(the nins[continuned]). My whole purpose was to know the difference between japanese game and American game, Japanese anime and American anime, and Japanese songs and American ones. Do the Japanese songs tell what they're all about? If you know, thank you very much..
Last edited by Sonans on Mon 10.09.2006 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonans
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu 06.29.2006 8:58 pm

RE: Correction

Postby paul_b » Mon 10.09.2006 4:18 pm

Sonans wrote:
I didn't explain because I want it to be a mystery to look like a mystery man.

I think we've had quite enough mystery.

While you're still here could you say what your native language is? If it really is English a clear explanation of why it looks so much like it isn't might help.

I've been on a lot of newsgroups and forums and I like to think I've got a fairly good feel for "sloppy English" vs "leet English" vs "English as a second language" and the mistakes you make generally fall into the last category.
User avatar
paul_b
 
Posts: 3210
Joined: Thu 06.01.2006 9:35 am

RE: Correction

Postby Sonans » Mon 10.09.2006 5:17 pm

paul_b wrote:
I think we've had quite enough mystery.

While you're still here could you say what your native language is? If it really is English a clear explanation of why it looks so much like it isn't might help.

I've been on a lot of newsgroups and forums and I like to think I've got a fairly good feel for "sloppy English" vs "leet English" vs "English as a second language" and the mistakes you make generally fall into the last category.


I've explained to but you for got. The answer is here on the nins.
Last edited by Sonans on Mon 10.09.2006 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonans
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu 06.29.2006 8:58 pm

RE: Correction

Postby Infidel » Mon 10.09.2006 5:31 pm

Paul asked how your grammar can be so bad when you say English is your native language. He didn't forget your explaination, because you never gave one.
Last edited by Infidel on Mon 10.09.2006 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
User avatar
Infidel
 
Posts: 3093
Joined: Sun 10.09.2005 1:12 am
Native language: 英語

RE: Correction

Postby Sonans » Mon 10.09.2006 5:38 pm

Infidel wrote:
Paul asked how your grammar can be so bad when you say English is your native language. He didn't forget your explaination, because you never gave one.


I told you. The answer is in the nins
Sonans
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu 06.29.2006 8:58 pm

RE: Correction

Postby Dehitay » Mon 10.09.2006 5:44 pm

so your grammar is bad because your country's language is English? Usually that would imply the opposite
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
User avatar
Dehitay
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Fri 09.08.2006 8:36 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas, USA
Native language: English
Gender: Male

RE: Correction

Postby Sonans » Mon 10.09.2006 6:27 pm

Dehitay wrote:
so your grammar is bad because your country's language is English? Usually that would imply the opposite


Actually, I was trying to know what some phrases means( for example "there is plenty more where that came"). It could be..
Last edited by Sonans on Mon 10.09.2006 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonans
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu 06.29.2006 8:58 pm

RE: Correction

Postby paul_b » Mon 10.09.2006 6:28 pm

Sonans wrote:
Infidel wrote:
Paul asked how your grammar can be so bad when you say English is your native language. He didn't forget your explaination, because you never gave one.


I told you. The answer is in the nins


You said
I told you, It is the native, but I don't know all.

If that's what you mean it isn't an explanation in my book. We've all been messed around in the past enough that I'm not willing to settle for less than a plain statement that makes sense.
User avatar
paul_b
 
Posts: 3210
Joined: Thu 06.01.2006 9:35 am

RE: Correction

Postby Sonans » Mon 10.09.2006 6:38 pm

paul_b wrote:

You said
I told you, It is the native, but I don't know all.

If that's what you mean it isn't an explanation in my book. We've all been messed around in the past enough that I'm not willing to settle for less than a plain statement that makes sense.


The reason I want to know the japanese way of saying those phrases is because, if I don't know how to say those phrases in nihongo, I'm not allowed to say them at all. I made that rule that if I don't know, I will not say them. The language may be bad, but the point is knowing the phrases.
Last edited by Sonans on Mon 10.09.2006 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonans
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu 06.29.2006 8:58 pm

RE: Correction

Postby paul_b » Mon 10.09.2006 6:51 pm

Sonans wrote:
The reason I want to know the japanese way of saying those phrases is because, if I don't know how to say those phrases in nihongo, I'm not allowed to say them at all. I made that rule that if I don't know, I will not say them. The language may be bad, but the point is knowing the phrases.

I haven't got time to waste arguing in circles. You're banned again. Probably you should have been banned as soon as we recognized that you'd snuck back in without having been unbanned. I haven't seen any sign that you're going to sensibly answer a simple question you've been asked many times before. As far as I'm concerned you can go play "man of mystery" somewhere else.

If at any time you decide to answer
Iwarkさんの母語はなんですか。
sensibly ... well it's too late now.
User avatar
paul_b
 
Posts: 3210
Joined: Thu 06.01.2006 9:35 am

RE: Correction

Postby CajunCoder » Mon 10.09.2006 9:27 pm

paul_b wrote:
Sonans wrote:
I didn't explain because I want it to be a mystery to look like a mystery man.

I think we've had quite enough mystery.

While you're still here could you say what your native language is? If it really is English a clear explanation of why it looks so much like it isn't might help.

I've been on a lot of newsgroups and forums and I like to think I've got a fairly good feel for "sloppy English" vs "leet English" vs "English as a second language" and the mistakes you make generally fall into the last category.



Only a native speaker could have such poor grammar and spelling :D
Last edited by CajunCoder on Mon 10.09.2006 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CajunCoder
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Tue 09.27.2005 4:08 am

RE: Correction

Postby tanuki » Mon 10.09.2006 9:37 pm

CajunCoder wrote:
Only a native speaker could have such poor grammar and spelling :D


wheal i dont think so

----

Oh, Iwark's banned again? I was eagerly awaiting his "the KOTO" thread. :(
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
User avatar
tanuki
 
Posts: 2302
Joined: Sun 09.25.2005 9:00 pm
Location: South America

PreviousNext

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests