fbpx

0 Comments

November 15, 2007

Taiko in Orlando

I may have mentioned the town we live in has a Japanese population of one—including my wife.
But there is a thriving community, apparently, in Orlando. A Japanese teacher emailed me about a Japan Festival in Orlando coming up next month. We may try to go down for it. She gave me a link, but unfortunately it is a ‘Server not found’ type of link. I’ll try to post it here later after getting more information.
She is also involved with a Taiko team—Japanese drums. If you have never heard/seen Taiko in person, definitely make it high on your list of things to do while in Japan. Or if you don’t want to leave your computer, you could just watch it here:
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvW7mjZNML0&rel=1]

This is the Taiko group that sensei is affiliated with. For more videos click here.

UPDATE: Here is the link to the Japan Festival ’07 website. If you are in the Orlando, Florida area, consider making the trip. Yumi and I are planning on going–if we can get a baby and dog sitter

Sharing is caring!

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}

Level up your Japanese!

free-kanji-or-hiragana-offer-final

For Total Beginners

Japanese for beginners - Beri-Beri Shoshinsha

This 15-book study guide + worksheets bundle is ON SALE. For just one-time payment only, you will get this bundle for a very low price plus you will get future contents for free (no additional charge).

Easy to follow and understand

This bundle is perfect for absolute beginners. It's thorough without being wordy, giving you exactly enough information to understand the concepts without overloading you with information. 

TheJapanShop.com Customer

Makoto+ Membership

You'll notice many TheJapanesePage.com lessons have bonus content for Makoto+ Members. Well, membership goes well beyond that. Members also get our monthly magazine for learners of Japanese (Beginners to Intermediates), weekly exclusive lessons, Podcast bonus content, and much more.

>