Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 俗語・スラング (ぞくご・すらんぐ) 

俗語・スラング (ぞくご・すらんぐ) 

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

俗語・スラング (ぞくご・すらんぐ) 

Postby Kazegashi » Thu 12.07.2006 10:57 am

Hi,

I go to an international school in which I have some Japanese friends. When talking to me or among themselves, they always say things like やばい Or まじで?? Or むずい! I know what they mean, but I wondered if anybody knew of a sight where there might be a longer list.

By the way, what does the ・・・とく Mean? Like: 辞めといて Or something like that...
 I'd appreciate a response.
〜 〜 〜 〜 〜 〜 〜 〜
巴宇留 久利須知安〜파울 크리스챤〜爿 快天〜พอ คริสเตียน
Now, what's my name? Hä?^^
Kazegashi

RE: 俗語・スラング (ぞくご・すらんぐ)

Postby paul_b » Thu 12.07.2006 11:09 am

Kazegashi wrote:
By the way, what does the ・・・とく Mean? Like: 辞めといて Or something like that...

See Edict

とく; どく (v5k) (contraction of ..て or で plus 置く) to do something in readiness for; to get something (needful) done

Kazegashi wrote:
I go to an international school in which I have some Japanese friends. When talking to me or among themselves, they always say things like やばい Or まじで?? Or むずい! I know what they mean, but I wondered if anybody knew of a sight where there might be a longer list.

See http://zokugo-dict.com/.

Incidentally please drop some of the ・'s from that line in your sig - it's too wide for standard forum display.
Last edited by paul_b on Thu 12.07.2006 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
paul_b

Postby Kazegashi » Thu 12.07.2006 11:36 am

Thank you.
〜 〜 〜 〜 〜 〜 〜 〜
巴宇留 久利須知安〜파울 크리스챤〜爿 快天〜พอ คริสเตียน
Now, what's my name? Hä?^^
Kazegashi

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Thu 12.07.2006 12:50 pm

In the case of 辞めとく. some books or dictionaries (such as the Koujien) count this as a separate (though related) definition of ~ておく, meaning "to leave something as is" This would be the same thing as in ほっといて
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Native language: English

Postby paul_b » Thu 12.07.2006 1:26 pm

Yudan Taiteki wrote:
In the case of 辞めとく. some books or dictionaries (such as the Koujien) count this as a separate (though related) definition of ~ておく, meaning "to leave something as is" This would be the same thing as in ほっといて

Basically I wanted the とく in there for a) indexing purposes and b) people who need to know it's a contraction of て置く.

As always you are welcome, nay enjoined, to contribute amendments and additions to WWWJDIC. ;-)
paul_b

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)