Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 3級団の回答欄

3級団の回答欄

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

RE: 3級団の回答欄

Postby tanuki » Wed 05.30.2007 10:49 pm

ココさん。すべて直してくれてありがとうございました! :) 本当に勉強になりました。

ませんでしたvs いけませんでした


これ、ちょっとバカバカしい間違いでしたねぇ。 :@

複合動詞をたくさん習わなくてはいません。「追っ払う」って覚えておきましょう。

「追い払う」は口語だと「追っ払う(おっぱらう)」になります。


How weird, I would have thought it was the other way around. I was used to the colloquial alternatives being the ones with っ and handakuten. For example, やはり and やっぱり.

I shall try Akumu's question tomorrow. I must now go to sleep. Bye!

EDIT: I misspelled "weird". How weird!
Last edited by tanuki on Wed 05.30.2007 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
User avatar
tanuki
 
Posts: 2302
Joined: Sun 09.25.2005 9:00 pm
Location: South America

RE: 3級団の回答欄

Postby Gundaetiapo » Thu 05.31.2007 12:02 am

ココさん、ありがとうございました。

The simpler しか I'm good on. For the complex example, is it correct to say that given
<sentence A>から、<sentence B>

if sentence A has しか then sentence B must have しか and vice versa? This is good to know, my textbook does not mention this point.

説明に誤りがあれば、ご指摘ください。


I am happy and humbled to return the favor.

"The following form might be harder than a simple sentence."

"This form is used when you assume that the questioner expects you've spent huge money for it."
I clipped "seems to" because of the word "assume" in the sentence.

"全巻/一揃い may be good words for "entire series" of books/videos."
Gundaetiapo
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri 03.30.2007 11:26 am
Location: New England
Native language: English
Gender: Male

RE: 3級団の回答欄

Postby coco » Thu 05.31.2007 9:30 am

Gundeatiapo-san ありがとうございます!
Indeed. Your correction is very clear and helpful. Thank you for teaching me.
The simpler しか I'm good on. For the complex example, is it correct to say that given
<sentence A>から、<sentence B>

if sentence A has しか then sentence B must have しか and vice versa?

Not always. It depends on the context.
For examples, let's use previous sentences.
let's add <sentenceB> on 朝食しか食べていません。
今日は朝食しか食べていないから、お腹が空きました。
I'm hungry since only food that I had today is a breakfast.
In this sentence, people can realize easily the influence of sentence A (朝食しか食べていない) on sentence B(空腹).

フランス語を1年しか勉強していないから、まだ簡単な言葉しか話せません。
you can say
フランス語を1年しか勉強していないから、まだ上手に話せません。
In both cases you can understand the interrelationship between <A> and <B> easily.

Let's look back to your sentence.
If you use だけ instead of しか, you can express whole sentence as an objective view. I mean だけ sentence could tell just the fact.
僕は『らんま1/2』を全巻揃えただけなので、投資したのは2,3万円です。
e.g.
僕は1ドル持っています。 I have a dollar.
僕は1ドルだけ持っています。 I only have a dollar. ( objective expression)
僕は1ドルしか持っていません。(Unfortunately) I only have a dollar. (subjective report)

男の子だけがそのパーティに来ました。 Only boys came to that party.
男の子しかそのパーティに来ませんでした。( Regrettably) Only boys came to that party.

Now we go しか買わなかった sentence.
リンゴしか買わなかったから、バナナはありません。
I only bought apples,so there are no bananas. ( There isn't a banana because only object that I bought was apples.)
リンゴしか買わなかったから、バナナはあります。 is an inconsistent sentence.
(??There are bananas because only object that I bought was apples.??)

『らんま1/2』しか買わなかったから、『めぞん一刻』は持っていません is fine.

Your <sentence A>, 『らんま1/2』全巻しか買わなかったから, should be continued with <sentence B> which is contrary to speaker or listener's expectation.
That is the reason of 2,3万円しか投資していません.
『らんま1/2』全巻しか買わなかったから、2,3万円しか使っていません。 might be
"I only spent 2,3 万yen, since the manga that I've bought was only entire らんま1/2 series."(I hope this makes sense^^;

『らんま1/2』全巻しか買わなかったから, 2,3 万円投資しました。is unnatural.

I think your original text "I've bought the entire Ranma 1/2 series only, so that's a few 10,000 yen invested." is rather (僕は)『らんま1/2』を全巻揃えただけなので、投資したのは2,3万円です。instead of using しか sentence.

I hope this helps.
coco
 
Posts: 3061
Joined: Mon 05.30.2005 12:43 am
Location: 東京都
Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

RE: 3級団の回答欄

Postby Txkun » Thu 05.31.2007 11:41 am

Hi cocosan,
many thanks for the help. I'll study my and others corrections and suggestions. They will be very valuable since I find that many have now a nice grasp of basic grammar but we lack the proper way to use some words or expressions. :)
User avatar
Txkun
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri 08.26.2005 3:17 am
Location: Rome
Native language: Italian
Gender: Male

RE: 3級団の回答欄

Postby coco » Thu 05.31.2007 5:15 pm

いえいえ。どういたしまして。Txkun. :)

SSさん ご意見(aKuMuさんの質問)ありがとうございます。
私の意見は、別スレッドにEngRishで書いておきました。
日曜夜まで留守にしますが、戻ってきたらエレベーターのことなどをもう少し詳しく説明しますね。

Tanukiさん 寝坊して会議に遅刻したら「狸が台所に出現」という言い訳を使おうと思ってましたが、どうやら間に合いそうです。 :D

すでに回答を書いた方へ。
地図の中の他の人の質問で、おもしろそうなものがあったら回答を考えてみてください。 :)
Last edited by coco on Thu 05.31.2007 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coco
 
Posts: 3061
Joined: Mon 05.30.2005 12:43 am
Location: 東京都
Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

RE: 3級団の回答欄

Postby HeyItsMatt » Thu 05.31.2007 9:08 pm

I hope I understood your question correctly! I had to ask for a little help in the chat to understand it.

今の気持ちを漢字一文字で浮キと何? そしてその理由を日本語で書いてください。


「悩む」を選びましたので、最近私の命は大きく変わった. 高校と大学の時間に同じものをしました。パャRンのゲームをたくさん遊びました。大学はやさしいと思いました. せいじとてつがくを勉強しましたけど一年前、卒業した。パャRンをすることが習っています。 今の仕事は店員です。新しい仕事がほしいですけど、パャRンの仕事がほしいと知りません。 

私も悩みますので、下の顎が痛い。医者が見たくない!

Judging by some of the responses here, I'm worried that 3kyuu is still above my level. I think that my answer has a lot of mistakes.

ありがとう、cocoさん :)
-Matt
User avatar
HeyItsMatt
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun 10.15.2006 12:12 am

RE: 3級団の回答欄

Postby tanuki » Thu 05.31.2007 9:08 pm

ココさん。1時間遅刻の場合に1匹の狸が必要で、2時間遅刻の場合に2匹の狸が必要(など)だと覚えておいてください。 ;)
Last edited by tanuki on Thu 05.31.2007 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
User avatar
tanuki
 
Posts: 2302
Joined: Sun 09.25.2005 9:00 pm
Location: South America

RE: 3級団の回答欄

Postby randomperson » Fri 06.01.2007 3:19 pm

hey coco. sorry this kindof took awhile to answer, school being out soon (june 7th!) and exams and such. anyways my question was  *answer is for the summer (being i have less time during the school year but thats over soon), and may be a little off*

週に何時間くらい、日本語を勉強していますか?


ぼくは週に7時間日本語を勉強する。
randomperson
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat 04.30.2005 4:38 pm

RE: 3級団の回答欄

Postby caroline » Sat 06.02.2007 6:13 am

Sorry to be late too : I had my japanese exam yesterday (no kidding) and was a bit single minded on going over the last 8 months grammar!

15歳の頃の自分と対面できるとしたら言っておきたいことは?


カロちゃん、15歳のがむずかしいのに、後で人生はとてもおもしろくなる。
大事なことを言ってもらいたい :学生の時に、できるだけ世界の国で旅行に行けなさい、いろいろな人に会いなさい。フランスが世界の小さい分なので、外国の文化が分かったら、いいだよ。でも、大人になったら働きゃいけないので、勉強忘れてするな。幸せになってもらいたい。


ココさん, many thanks for your patience :)
Last edited by caroline on Sat 06.02.2007 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
caroline
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat 03.11.2006 8:47 am
Location: Paris
Native language: Français

RE: 3級団の回答欄

Postby coco » Sun 06.03.2007 1:56 pm

HeyItsMatt wrote:
I hope I understood your question correctly! I had to ask for a little help in the chat to understand it.

Yes, you perfectly understand the question . :)
Judging by some of the responses here, I'm worried that 3kyuu is still above my level.

Please don't be worry. Last year we had 4級 group sessions and I noticed some of participants already had ability to pass 3 級. Therefore some of members may need preparation for taking JLPT 2級 this year.

Although JLPT doesn't demand the composition study, writing sentences could be a good way to know the grammars you need to learn.

今の気持ちを漢字一文字で浮キと何? そしてその理由を日本語で書いてください。

「悩む」を選びましたので、最近私の命は大きく変わった. 高校と大学の時間に同じものをしました。パャRンのゲームをたくさん遊びました。大学はやさしいと思いました. せいじとてつがくを勉強しましたけど一年前、卒業した。パャRンをすることが習っています。 今の仕事は店員です。新しい仕事がほしいですけど、パャRンの仕事がほしいと知りません。 

私も悩みますので、下の顎が痛い。医者が見たくない!

As you used 見たくない, I think たい ( want to do 〜) form is very useful. 仕事がほしい vs 仕事がしたい
Also as you knowので is used when you say "because". Generally, a conclusion/result is placed after the reason.
For example,
最近、私の生活は大きく変わったので、「悩(む)」を選びました。

I assume 生活が変わった may be the reason of your decision.
So put ので between 大きく変わった and 「悩」を選びました.
もの and ことare probably one of confusing words.
Regarding 医者を見る, please look at the Txkun's answer.
I hope this makes sense.

---
Could anyone explain the differences between 命 and 生活, 仕事が欲しい and 仕事がしたい please? Thanks.
coco
 
Posts: 3061
Joined: Mon 05.30.2005 12:43 am
Location: 東京都
Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

RE: 3級団の回答欄

Postby HeyItsMatt » Sun 06.03.2007 2:19 pm

coco wrote:
As you used 見たくない, I think たい ( want to do 〜) form is very useful. 仕事がほしい vs 仕事がしたい
Also as you knowので is used when you say "because". Generally, a conclusion/result is placed after the reason.
For example,
最近、私の生活は大きく変わったので、「悩(む)」を選びました。

I assume 生活が変わった may be the reason of your decision.
So put ので between 大きく変わった and 「悩」を選びました.
もの and ことare probably one of confusing words.
Regarding 医者を見る, please look at the Txkun's answer.
I hope this makes sense.

---
Could anyone explain the differences between 命 and 生活, 仕事が欲しい and 仕事がしたい please? Thanks.


Your response was very helpful, cocoさん。ありがとうございます!

質問があります。cocoさんは "ココ" のほうが "coco" より好きですか?
-Matt
User avatar
HeyItsMatt
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun 10.15.2006 12:12 am

RE: 3級団の回答欄

Postby coco » Sun 06.03.2007 2:54 pm

tanuki wrote:
ココさん。1時間遅刻の場合に1匹の狸が必要で、2時間遅刻の場合に2匹の狸が必要(など)だと覚えておいてください。 ;)

Tanukiさん
この文章、完璧です!
「には」(←)を使うとさらに良くなります。
(2時間遅刻の場合は2匹の狸が必要だと)

randomperson wrote:
hey coco. sorry this kindof took awhile to answer, school being out soon (june 7th!) and exams and such. anyways my question was  *answer is for the summer (being i have less time during the school year but thats over soon), and may be a little off*

週に何時間くらい、日本語を勉強していますか?

ぼくは週に7時間日本語を勉強する。

I'm not sure if I understand your explanation or not. :p
However, it is correct if you answered about your plan to study Japanese at this summer.

ぼくは今、週にX時間しか日本語を勉強してないけど、夏休みには週7時間勉強する(つもりです)。
would be an example. In a same sentence, you can mention your current condition and your intention .

This articleis helpful to understand 勉強をしている usage.
NOTE: You may also use this form when stating things that are done on a regular basis: (even if you are not presently doing the activity)


HeyItsMatt wrote:
質問があります。cocoさんは "ココ" のほうが "coco" より好きですか?

両方とも好きです。 :D
(私の説明がお役に立てたなら何よりです)
Last edited by coco on Sun 06.03.2007 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coco
 
Posts: 3061
Joined: Mon 05.30.2005 12:43 am
Location: 東京都
Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

RE: 3級団の回答欄

Postby coco » Sun 06.03.2007 3:15 pm

caroline wrote:
15歳の頃の自分と対面できるとしたら言っておきたいことは?


カロちゃん、15歳のがむずかしいのに、後で人生はとてもおもしろくなる。
大事なことを言ってもらいたい :学生の時に、できるだけ世界の国旅行に行なさい、いろいろな人に会いなさい。フランスが世界の小さいなので、外国の文化が分かったら、いいよ。でも、大人になったら働__ きゃいけないので、勉強忘れてするな。幸せになってもらいたい。

Carolineさん こちらこそ、返答が遅くなってすみません。
とてもいい答えですね。 :)
私も15歳の頃の自分に言っておきたいことは、たくさんあります。
「Verbておく」 は3級で出題される形なので、覚えておくといいと思います。
Correct use of 〜ておく?
Verb て+おく

のに vs けど/けれど
×いいだよ ○いいよ。
勉強忘れてするな。
これは意味がわかりませんでした。
勉強(するの)を忘れるな。( Do not forget to learn/study) の意味でしょうか?

赤字にした箇所の中に分からないものがあったら、遠慮なくきいてください。
---
幸せになってもらいたい。

すばらしい! 私も同じことを言いたいと思いました。 :)
Last edited by coco on Mon 06.04.2007 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
coco
 
Posts: 3061
Joined: Mon 05.30.2005 12:43 am
Location: 東京都
Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

RE: 3級団の回答欄

Postby tanuki » Sun 06.03.2007 6:20 pm

「には」(←)を使うとさらに良くなります。


Thanks for your suggestion, coco-san. I was actually considering adding a は there, but I was dubious... :)
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
User avatar
tanuki
 
Posts: 2302
Joined: Sun 09.25.2005 9:00 pm
Location: South America

RE: 3級団の回答欄

Postby coco » Sun 06.03.2007 9:30 pm

Tanukiさん

狸を追い出す手伝いをお願いするために電話をした友達との会話を考えてみましょう。

友達との会話ですから敬語を使う必要はありません。
「俺」でも「僕」でも好きな一人称が使えます。
友達に状況を説明し、家に来てもらうまでの会話です。
Tanukiさんの会話と友達の会話の両方を考えてください。 :)

例:
Tanuki : あのさー。俺んちに、今、タヌキがいるんだよ。
ともだち: え? なんだって? もう一度、言ってくれる?
Tanuki : 〜〜〜〜
coco
 
Posts: 3061
Joined: Mon 05.30.2005 12:43 am
Location: 東京都
Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

PreviousNext

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests