Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Anime in Japan

Anime in Japan

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

Anime in Japan

Postby pauro03 » Sat 08.17.2013 6:43 pm

I have this very dream of residing to Japan, and one of the reason is because of their very unique cultures , especially the entertainment part. I like anime so much, but I was wondering of how well do Japanese people in general deal with these stuffs that originates from them. I've heard friends from Japan that it weren't really that famous compared to how foreigners think that it was, but I've read blogs/articles about it like it's already a part of the Japanese culture wherein almost all Japanese have an interest with. So how well anime are being treated in Japan in general?
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」
pauro03

Native language: NA

Re: Anime in Japan

Postby richvh » Mon 08.19.2013 10:36 am

Cartoons are part of American culture, but hardly well thought of. Anime are just Japanese cartoons.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Re: Anime in Japan

Postby pauro03 » Fri 08.23.2013 8:23 pm

richvh wrote:Cartoons are part of American culture, but hardly well thought of. Anime are just Japanese cartoons.

I guess there's a different approach with both, designing a pikachu boeing 747 is something like more than just a cartoons. I guess the answer to my question is to experience it myself in that place, hopefully. Thanks for the reply though.
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」
pauro03

Native language: NA

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions