Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - BRING BACK SAILORMOON!!!!

BRING BACK SAILORMOON!!!!

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

BRING BACK SAILORMOON!!!!

Postby songoku17 » Wed 02.15.2006 6:25 pm

Sailor Moon Petition if we can bring her back to tv pls read
Current mood: determined

here is a PETITION online that is an SOS (save our Sailors)
we need a total of 1000 signatures for it to do any good!! please take 2 minutes out of your time to go sign it!!! make the comments realllllly good.. and explain how big of an impact the show has had on you.. or you know that sorta stuff.. just get really into the comments.. they will be read, and to know how much you really want them back will depend a lot on if she comes or not!! get everyone you know to go to this site and sign it!!
thank you soooooo much for everything!! everyone who REALLY wants her back.. go there ASAP.

lets get her back!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/sailormoon00

let everyone in the US know about this who is a fan or not! we will do anything to get her back! put this message through myspace, email, comments, phone...do whatever it takes but keep this going until we hit 1000!!!!!

thank you soo much everyone for all your help with this.. its been sooooo hard for me to get this out.. its taken two days for eveyrone to know about it and for them to get it in their bulletin's,messages, comments, and groups and keeping it going.. i can't do this alone.. it takes everything we learned from sailor moon to do this!! we need courage, faith, bravery, hope, reassurance, and we just need to believe in ourselves that this will work .. our goal is 1000.. but my goal is way past that.. please help me get this around to everyone!! this could really work and i refuse to give up!!! that is what i learned from sailor moon.. theres a lot where that came from.. and i know this is all in you too!!! so please.. lets do this!! i can't do it alone with out your help!!!
-DIE HARD FAN!! she will come back i wont stop until she does
songoku17

RE: BRING BACK SAILORMOON!!!!

Postby songoku17 » Wed 02.15.2006 6:53 pm

PLEAAAASEEEEEEEEEE
songoku17

Postby george_fred » Wed 02.15.2006 6:59 pm

Sure, why not? ^_^
[center]
You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough.
[/center]
george_fred

Postby mandolin » Wed 02.15.2006 7:20 pm

Why, so the US companies can chop up, reorganize, and otherwise neuter the last two seasons of Sailormoon? No thanks....

Exec A: "In this scene, we have Hotaru and Michiru gingerly holding hands. It's definately lesbionic, but the dialogue is important."
Exec B: "Sir, we can cut the scene and introduce the dialogue in a fabricated memory sequence planted over some of the non-dialogue parts over the next few scenes. We can cut clips from episode 256, 257, and 291 to make a sutiable flashback."
Exec C: "Won't they know it's not a flashback when they see those scenes later?"
Execs A & B: "SHUT UP!"
mandolin

Postby Daisuke » Wed 02.15.2006 7:57 pm

songoku17 wrote:
PLEAAAASEEEEEEEEEE

It does not help to bump a thread 30 minutes after it is created. People will see this if they are interested. So try to calm a little down.

I don't really understand Mandolins post, tho'.. Maybe because I never watched the show.
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby mandolin » Wed 02.15.2006 8:12 pm

US version of Sailor Moon vs the Japanese version...
There were two generals of the "evil side" that were in love with each other. In the english version, they animated in some extra eyelashes and got a female voice actor to make it acceptable. (Homosexuality on TV is bad, apparently)

Sailor Moon gets slapped by her mom and kicked out of the house for failing yet another test in school. This is edited out in the US version.

Numerous scenes were dubbed too violent and cut.

Some scenes were cut for no apparent reason (NOT time constraints). A scene where the Moon Princess falls off a balcony and slows her fall with a parasol is for some reason reversed (so she's flying upward) and given a voice-over.

The WORST of it all was the fact that the last two episodes of the first season were condensed into a single episode for the US, because it took out the fact that the other 4 sailor scouts died in their fight to get to the big bad queen.

Those last episodes are very emotionally driven, but significantly cheapened by the editing.

There's lots more issues in this series (and others) of the emotional guts being torn out of anime just because they're brought to american audiences. Heck, they even edited out ALL the blood from Naruto... and it's not like naruto is intensely gory to begin with.

I'll start supporting corporate US dubbing franchises when they stop editing them. If a show isn't appropriate for "US children" then market it to an appropriate age group.
mandolin

Postby kempokatt » Wed 02.15.2006 8:19 pm

mandolin, you are a person I can agree with 100%.

I've been saying this for YEARS and no one listens to me.
kempokatt

Postby zengargoyle » Wed 02.15.2006 8:30 pm

great, now i have this german techno-remix version of the Sailor Moon theme song running through my head and it won't go away. :o

i've got to agree with mandolin, you're better off *not* getting it back on US tv and instead hunting down fansubs on the internet.
zengargoyle

Postby Hatori » Wed 02.15.2006 9:42 pm

w00ts! i remember you sending me a link! *hopes it goes on not cable TV, since i have no cable* ^_^ lol
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Postby Infidel » Wed 02.15.2006 10:02 pm

I wan't sailor moon's music box :)
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby songoku17 » Wed 02.15.2006 10:28 pm

Well gues your right Daisuke sorry:(. It would seem many of you dont want it back huh? I understand its cut but thats why there is ADULT SWIM on CartoonNetwork where they show Uncut Anime:p Oh thanks george_fred for helping out you too Yuna:D oh Infidel hope you get it ^_^
Last edited by songoku17 on Wed 02.15.2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
songoku17

Postby mandolin » Wed 02.15.2006 10:35 pm

If Sailor Moon came back, you think it'd be on Adult Swim? Highly unlikely. It's been billed and marketed in the US as a little kid's show. It'd probably be impossible to market the 5th (and best, IMHO) season as adult fare.

Too many parents would not even bother to -check- before letting their kids watch. Then you have a huge hullabaloo about how CN put a kids show on the air that features *gasp* transsexuals (Yes, the Starlights are BOYS, who transform into GIRLS). And they thought one scene of Malachite and Zoicite gazing fondly at each other was too risque to risk showing to kids.
mandolin

Postby songoku17 » Wed 02.15.2006 10:44 pm

yes but there are still teens that love sailor moon. yes I understand it was a kids show and so was Gundam Wing, and DragonBall Z but they have made it to adult swim an they have managed.
Last edited by songoku17 on Wed 02.15.2006 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
songoku17

Postby mandolin » Wed 02.15.2006 10:59 pm

Someday, you'll learn how the world really works and why things never happen the way you hope they will.

If season 5 were imported and dubbed, it would
A ) get chopped up to be "suitable" (most likely option)
or
B ) run a few episodes before parents threw a hissy fit about the content of what is "supposed" to be a kid's cartoon and it gets ripped off the air

A ) the fans get gypped
B ) the fans lose anyway

You're petitioning for a lose-lose situation here. You're not going to get what you want, the way you want it. Many parents these days expect the media to take care of censoring itself. Parents already think that Sailor Moon is for little children. They're NOT going to check to see if it's STILL for little kids or not, and they WILL be pissed off if there's transsexuals on their kid's show.

It's not about the teens, it's about the parents of children who will be upset at the content. They'd rather have their spongebob fart jokes than a show with actual life lessons like "Love can't always be what you wish it was" as is (one of) the lesson(s) in Season 5 (Poor Seiya....).

*sigh*

I'm done arguing. I loved season 5 too much to see it FUBAR'd by the US editors. If that's what you really want, go for it, but I'll always be against it myself.

EDIT1: Dumb smilies....
EDIT2: Gundam and DBZ don't have transgenders or homosexuals, or blood.
Last edited by mandolin on Wed 02.15.2006 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mandolin

Postby songoku17 » Wed 02.15.2006 11:05 pm

Its not what I want its that I have too. If it was up to me then perhaps but Im not doing it for myself theres people out there that Im trying to help and giving up is not an option. a true fan dos not care if the anime is dubbed or uncut, a true fan just wants its fav anime to be shown uncut or not. And Dragonball Z HAS tons of blood and plenty of adult themes that were cut but are now being aired Uncut on cartoonnetwork.
Last edited by songoku17 on Wed 02.15.2006 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
songoku17

Next

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions