Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - BRING BACK SAILORMOON!!!!

BRING BACK SAILORMOON!!!!

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

RE: BRING BACK SAILORMOON!!!!

Postby mandolin » Wed 02.15.2006 11:15 pm

VKLL fansubbing, they only do unlicensed product.

Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars (Season 5)
9 DVD's
$35.00 total, including shipping

Birthday money would probably cover that. If not, a job at mcD's will pay for it in six hours.

Link
mandolin

Postby songoku17 » Wed 02.15.2006 11:19 pm

thanks I can afford it but once again its not for me
songoku17

Postby Gan » Thu 02.16.2006 1:11 am

Its a bad idea. Anime should be left ANIME. Not made into cartoons. Yes if an ANIME is cut/subbed/edited. I beleive it to have a completly differnt preception as the original, thus it is no long a "TRUE" Anime. I'm tired of companys like 4kids.... and others... all they do is ruin our beloved shows. I hate them. Leave the show be as it is, if you want it, buy it from japan, or download a fansubbed version. Its gareenteed to be 110% better than anything the U.S. came come up with in its smashing of it. Its no use to even try to get Saloor Moon back in the U.S. As Mandolin said. Parents now think it is a Kids show, and they will be very upset if its known on T.V as otherwise. My opinion is leave it as it stands.
Gan

Native language: English

Postby ai_love_gaara » Thu 02.16.2006 5:56 am

i do NOT want it back! i am a sailor moon fan true enough to be strong enough to say those words. i watched sailor moon as a little girl and yes, i was OBSESSED! i woke up every morning at 6:00am just to tape the show.
and if i was bad girl, my parents said "Ok, no sailor moon for u tomorrow!" AND I CRIED! i would cry if i was told that. i've seen every single dubbed episode of sailor moon, and i've taped 90% of them. when i was bored once, i memorized the entire diologue of episode "A Reluctant Princess", imitating their voices. If there were people who had watched the SUB, they would have labelled me as "an annoying fan". (lol, sailor moon had made me a freak, but i didnt care, i loved it so much ;)

but when i researched sailor moon on the net (coz that was the ONLY subject that intersted me, sailor moon, sailor moon) i found out it was a DUB, but i ignored it coz the japanese names all over the pages confused me. but by chance i came across a sailor moon page called Sailor Moon North American - The Missing and Changed Episodes. I read it solely because i couldnt believe it if there was an episode i had missed. But after i read the page i REALLY couldnt believe it. i found out that zoicite was a guy, that amara and michelle were NOT cousins, and loads of unbelievable stuff.

and etc., etc., i could write pages! lollol! anywayz, after then, i researched more and more, and then i came to dislike the dub. there was ONE good thing from watching the dub - i came to love subbed anime and the japanese. i WISH i could watch the subbed, but not much will come out of it anyway, since i already know all the endings and spoilers that WOULD'VE taken my breath away if i had watched the sub first.

i believe i was a die hard fan, who loved sailor moon sooo much, that she was able to watch something detestable like the dub, love it, and still be so interested in sailor moon to want to watch the original. so i guess there are good fans, believe me i was annoying but i turned out ok ^^

my answer is NO MORE DUBS! i dont want this to happen to anyone else, a VICTIM of the dub. not all dub fans turn out to love the original.

LAST MESSAGE! sorry, loooong post, haha ^^ lol. sorry if i sounded angry, i understand u if u love sailor moon alot, but i'm sorry :( i agree with mandolin, and if little girls in the US want their sailor moon so badly, they'd watch the original and will they be surprised! if it shows in the US i pity them.

~ * Ai-chan * ~
my fav simpsons epispode! ^^
[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Donna\My%20Documents\Mr_Sparkle.gif[/img]
ai_love_gaara

Postby mandolin » Thu 02.16.2006 12:15 pm

ai -- I think you would still enjoy watching Sailor Stars, even though you already know the spoilers. It really is a great season.... in fact, this whole thread has made me want to re-watch it....
mandolin

Postby sailor_mars » Thu 02.16.2006 5:19 pm

mandolin wrote:

9 DVD's

Birthday money would probably cover that. If not, a job at mcD's will pay for it in six hours.

Link

Um not to be mean or anything but I would really like to disagree with your comment. By Songoku17's comment it sounds like he is doing this as a favor to somebody else. Second just because you live in the US (or in the modern world for that matter) it does not mean that you can afford everything. I know many people who are anime fans but can not afford to buy the merchandise. A lot of people have to worry for paying for school tuitoins, dorm rent, med bills, taking care of their parents etc. I know because I was stuck in that situation a few years back. So for a teen working at MCD's or at the local mall its not going to cut it! (trust me there are a lot of kids going through this in the US its not a movie script)

Next People in DragonBall Z are succombing to death all the time. Master Roshi is always having naughty thoughts and demeaning and sexualizing women. Goku sticking his powerpole up a ninja's but not kiddie material but they stil showed it. Oolong's panty obsession also not kiddie material.
And let them show it on AS (Adult Swim). Soccer moms make a big deal about everything , remember the whole Tinky Winky incident.

I think I have tired myself from ranting so much I usaully never rant. But I would like to end on this note: Thanks to all who have already signed the petition, (I have all the complete uncut seasons on DVD) I am signing this for those who cant afford to buy it and for those who refuse to sign it and will still end up watching it.
Good day to all :)
sailor_mars

Postby Ranma » Thu 02.16.2006 5:36 pm

yes I agree with u im 12 and i love sailor moon (i have the locket)and it should be brought back just not uncut and it should be on daytime tv on cartoon network (I'm a guy)
Ranma

Native language: English

Postby songoku17 » Thu 02.16.2006 5:58 pm

hey thanks for the support Ranma :D Uncut or cut anyway is fine I agree
songoku17

Postby Sachi » Thu 02.16.2006 6:43 pm

Just have to add my opinion…

I remember watching Sailor Moon in kindergarten and first grade! (The dubs XD) Yup, my first anime. My favorite then, too =) Good times...

I do have to agree with mandolin, though; I've never seen the original, but her posts make a lot of sense. I have a dubbed Sailor Moon movie on tape from way back when, and I can only imagine how many other people like me do (or younger siblings of people my age XD), too. "Hey, Sailor Moon's back! I remember my older sister/brother watching that! Maybe I should watch it... it's not like it's BAD!" Then suddenly the little kids realize it's not the same, but happily watch, and the mom's get all upset because their little kids are watching potentially and slightly inappropriate "cartoon for kids".

And then angry parents trash a potentially good anime. So, while your efforts are noble, son_goku17, I don't see how it could work. And if you’re a big fan, wouldn't you not want a good anime trashed by either more dubs or the media? Though you could still try, if you like… But also hasn’t the petition already reached its goal?

Note to everyone that this is my humble opinion only, and not to offend anyone who might feel offended…
Last edited by Sachi on Thu 02.16.2006 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sachi

Postby Infidel » Fri 02.17.2006 2:49 am

I've had the SM theme song (esp the music box) going on in my mind all day. I really like that music box, very meloncoly.
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby mandolin » Fri 02.17.2006 8:53 am

sailor_mars wrote:
mandolin wrote:

9 DVD's

Link

just because you live in the US (or in the modern world for that matter) it does not mean that you can afford everything

I.... I cannot even BEGIN to understand how $35 gets turned into "affording everything".

IF a young person's budget CANNOT accomodate $35 for something they want very badly, then should they REALLY have enough time to be watching TV?

Honestly, we're not talking about saving for a family vacation here. We're talking about the equivalent of six hours of work at /minimum wage/.

Now, so my argument paralells the other,

I already have SM season 5. It doesn't really affect me. But there's "a lot" (and I am sure that my "a lot" is bigger than your "a lot" because my completely subjective quantification based on how I want my opinion to be percieved will always be the sum of [your "a lot" + 1]) of people out there who want to see SM unmolested. And if it were licensed in the US, they'd have to import it AND learn japanese to enjoy it.

This is for all the TRUE FANS (TradeMark) out there who demand that their choice of entertainment not be filtered and whitewashed before getting passed on for their viewing pleasure.

Again, this isn't for me.
mandolin

Postby ai_love_gaara » Sun 02.19.2006 11:35 am

mandolin wrote:
ai -- I think you would still enjoy watching Sailor Stars, even though you already know the spoilers. It really is a great season.... in fact, this whole thread has made me want to re-watch it....

actually i have watched 3 japanese episodes on youtube, all from season one. i was that desperate! i have a realllly slow computer, and it disconnects every 4 hours, and each episode took 3 and a half hours to load! but i watched them, and i must say it was worth it!!!! i'll never forget them! ^_^

but before youtube, i was downloading 2 sailor star eps: 167 (1st episode of series) and 168 (2nd). And on my really slow comp, it said each episode had like 50 hours left to finish! and this was on limewire too. i was patient, but it stopped 3 quarters in, and i was most upset, but then i turned to youtube, and then thats when i saw the three eps.

and episodes 45 and 46 were soo good! i cant say how much. i would have cried if i hadnt seen the dub first and knew wot would happen. :(

*edit*
hey thanks for the support Ranma Uncut or cut anyway is fine I agree

wot i said b4 when i 1st posted in this thread sounded a bit harsh and angry, but theres more to it than that. (there's another story! )the post above that i've quoted, i honestly agree with that, if sailor moon popped up on tv again, even dubbed, i WILL watch it. i wouldnt miss it. i still enjoy waxcthing the dubbed, becoz i had loved it as a little girl and have grown up liking it, so its silly to suddenly hate it after all these years of bragging and being annoying, ne? ^^ it brings back memories to watch it. i wouldnt mind.

but...if i was the only one to make the desicion to bring sailor stars to the us in dubbed form, i would say NO! just 3 days ago, i watched my 1st japanese sailor moon episode and i thought how unlucky i was to never have seen it before. if i had the choice, i wouldn't bring sailor moon back to the US, but if it somehow got on tv anyway, i'd watch it.

confusing, ne? ^^
Last edited by ai_love_gaara on Sun 02.19.2006 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
my fav simpsons epispode! ^^
[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Donna\My%20Documents\Mr_Sparkle.gif[/img]
ai_love_gaara

Postby sailor_mars » Sun 02.19.2006 5:08 pm

I am in total agreeance with: ai_love_gaara word for word. SM is better undubbed and uncut, but i know that if it were brought back a lot of people would watch it anyway.:p
sailor_mars

Postby Infidel » Sun 02.19.2006 7:47 pm

mandolin wrote:IF a young person's budget CANNOT accomodate $35 for something they want very badly, then should they REALLY have enough time to be watching TV?

Honestly, we're not talking about saving for a family vacation here. We're talking about the equivalent of six hours of work at /minimum wage/.

8 hours of minimum wage.

Taxes :P
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby songoku17 » Mon 02.20.2006 9:54 pm

Infidel wrote:
mandolin wrote:IF a young person's budget CANNOT accomodate $35 for something they want very badly, then should they REALLY have enough time to be watching TV?

8 hours of minimum wage.

Taxes :P

I hate to be a barrer of bad news mandolin but not everyone can afford $35 that you have to understand
songoku17

PreviousNext

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions