Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - do you watch other cartoons like powerpuff girls and....

do you watch other cartoons like powerpuff girls and....

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

RE: do you watch other cartoons like powerpuff girls and....

Postby CrazzyWarrior » Tue 05.09.2006 11:05 pm

Kates wrote:
I think you're crazy. >o< There are a lot of great cartoons out there by American creators. (At least, when you say "the quality of them have went down" I'm assuming you mean American-made cartoons, and not cartoons in general.) I think American animation is really doing well for itself right now--what with all the great computer-animated movies out there now (God bless Pixar and John Lasseter) and some wonderful animated shows on TV.

i am talking about the cartoons thats like 30 min long, like Spounge Bob, and other shows of the sort. i have watched them and cant stand them myself. fine if you all like them but i dont like many of them. The longer ones like Shrek and Over the Hedge are really good, they put one story rather then a hundred short stories for consecutive eps.
私の名前はセスです。
Watashi no namae ha seth desu.
[英訳] The ko (accumulated wisdom) of an old man is more precious than the ko (shell) of a tortoise.
「甲」と「劫」が同音であるところからできたことわざ。「劫」は極めて長い時間のことをいう。年長者の経験は尊ぶべきである。
CrazzyWarrior

Postby Caneius9 » Wed 05.10.2006 12:53 pm

I watch Avatar when I can... but like I said before... No cable:(

My problem with many of the new cartoons is the animation is terrible! I mean don't get me wrong, some of these shows are really entertaining, but the visual factor just isn't there for me. I like cartoons that are fully finished, not looking like they're just the plot sketches on a drawing board.
Caneius9

Postby Sachi » Wed 05.10.2006 4:20 pm

Caneius9 wrote:
My problem with many of the new cartoons is the animation is terrible! I mean don't get me wrong, some of these shows are really entertaining, but the visual factor just isn't there for me. I like cartoons that are fully finished, not looking like they're just the plot sketches on a drawing board.

I know what you mean... That's why most anime is more appealing to the eyes; the animation is at least slightly better, and a whole class above sometimes (you just can't compare the qualities of certain Amrican shows to Miyazaki films... :o)
Sachi

Postby chika » Thu 05.11.2006 12:59 pm

Yeah. I like the Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory (old ones...not the new ones where he looks really weird), Teen Titans, Justice League, etc.,...
I like most of the Nickelodeon show, too. I really like Avatar, but it would be better if it wasn't restricted to a kiddie rating. Sometimes it seems like they rush into or speed up the plot too much just to make it fit into a half-hour. I still like it though. :D
chika

Postby Caneius9 » Tue 05.16.2006 12:29 pm

Sachi wrote:
I know what you mean... That's why most anime is more appealing to the eyes; the animation is at least slightly better, and a whole class above sometimes (you just can't compare the qualities of certain Amrican shows to Miyazaki films... :o)

Yea! Miyazaki!!! :D
Caneius9

Postby hamsterfreak4evr » Wed 05.17.2006 11:16 pm

hah, i have actually watched a couple episodes of AVATAR....it is pretty good..though i havent seen or heard much about earth benders...im curious..

dexters lab is very good
fairly odd parents i still find funny...lol
fosters, jimmy neutron, BOOMERANG programs (on CN) those are the old cartoons...

if anyone knows the names of the BOOMERANG shows please PM since i do love them very much!!

and of course...steamboat willie and that one with the band...mickey mouse stuff...

fantasia...lol

bringing back the memories..;)
hamsterfreak4evr

Native language: english

Previous

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions