Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Favourite anime Opening/Ending songs

Favourite anime Opening/Ending songs

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

RE: Favourite anime Opening/Ending songs

Postby magma » Sun 08.20.2006 2:09 am

I remember when I saw Slayers, I was totally blown away by "Get Along" and "Kujikenai kara!" I went on to become a big fan of all the other associated Slayers music by Megumi Hayashibara and Masami Okui (I even imported Okui-san's first six albums at great expense).

I'm glad requemao-san mentioned Maaya Sakamoto's Kiseki no Umi--that's a hauntingly beautiful song (and the video that goes with it is amazing; I never saw the show but I used to watch the opening video over and over). Maaya and Yoko Kanno made a great team on the "Vision of Escaflowne" soundtrack, too. Of course, everything Yoko Kanno-sensei does is great....

What, nobody's gonna mention 機動戦艦ナデシコ (kidou senkan nadeshiko)?? "You Get To Burning" and "Watashi Rashiku" fit that show so well (and it was so funny when Uri-P was (badly) singing his show's opening theme on the Christmas Episode, and suddenly Jun recovered from his injuries and blurted out the chorus XD (I am so alone right now, aren't I?... ;_;).

I also really like the music from Kare Kano (just bought OST 2 today, in fact). If anybody's seen Comic Party, that opening tune is kinda fun. Oh no, I totally forgot "Card Captor Sakura"'s various seasons.... Ach, there's just too many great anime songs to list! @_@
Last edited by magma on Sun 08.20.2006 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
magma

Native language: 米語

Postby prep_girl_Nessa » Sun 08.20.2006 2:22 am

Wow, I just remembered. The entire reason I got into Japanese music and eventually the language was because of the songs from 'Gravitation.' I can't believe I forgot to mention those... Kotani Kinya (the guy who sings the opening and closing songs, as well as a few other songs from the show) is awesome :)
- Harumi Nessa - 熱砂 春美(Just kidding ^_^'')
'Do you know what it feels like, loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away?
Do you know what it feels like, to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?
' - Enrique Iglesias <3
prep_girl_Nessa

Postby Infidel » Sun 08.20.2006 2:39 am

kiseki no umi - this is super. I immediatly bought the soundtrack for this song.
Inner Universe - Ghost in the Shell TV intro,
Hemisphere - Rah Xephon OP
Jouhou - E's Otherwise Op
Any See-Saw song, I haven't heard one I disliked yet.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby zengargoyle » Sun 08.20.2006 3:26 am

paul_b wrote:
ケロロ軍曹 has the best songs. (And the weirdest). The current ED is one of the few I can sing along to.

quoted for truth. :)

Bebop and all the GITSs don't count because all of their music is totaly awesome!, as is the music from FLCL.

picking good stuff is hard, but the music that always got me a bit pumped for the coming show...

Black Cat
Gun X Sword
Solty Rei
Ouran Host Club

other good soundtracks in general...

Noein
Last Exile
Black Cat
Eureka seveN
zengargoyle

Postby Infidel » Sun 08.20.2006 3:41 am

Heh, funny, I'm listening to one of my Eureka Seven soundtracks right now.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby Rsquared333 » Sun 08.20.2006 5:40 am

anikaliki wrote:
Rsquare you know what your talking about.

It's good to see another fan of such beautifully orcastrated music.
It is never too late to be what you might have been.
Rsquared333

Postby Seapony » Sun 08.20.2006 12:20 pm

Can't forget the classics like Gatchaman and Voltron.

;)
Seapony

Postby kyashi » Sun 08.20.2006 2:48 pm

i like the BLEACH opening song astrick{sp check} by orange range!!
kyashi

Postby neo2407 » Mon 08.21.2006 10:01 am

Hmm...I have lot's of favourite anime songs. But my all-time favourites are:

Shooting Star - Onegai Teacher Opening Theme

I Am A Pioneer (English Version) - Tenchi Muyo! OVA Series 2 Opening Theme

Thesis Of The Cruel Angel/ A Cruel Angel's Thesis (can't remember the exact name) - Neon Genesis Evangelion Opening Theme

Talent For Love (English Version) - Tenchi Muyo! OVA Series 1 Ending Theme

Sakura Saku - Love Hina Opening Theme

Shaman King English Opening Theme (Don't know if this song has a proper name).

I'm probably going to get bashed by some people for watching a few anime English dub's. And before anyone says anything, I do agree with most people, the Japanese voice actors are usually better than the English, and most dubs are done badly but some are done really well. Like:

Tenchi Muyo!
(OVA series 1 and 2, Tenchi Universe (or TV), Tenchi In Tokyo...in other words all the original series. I haven't seen GXP or the Pretty Sammy stuff, and the new OVA series 3 dub is really quite bad! Mona Marshall as Ryoko...no way! Why replace Petrea Burchard!?)

Love Hina

Shaman King

Plus it's hard to find any good anime DVD's in Scotland. And it takes ages to get DVD's shipped from America.
Whoops got carried away again...gomen nasai.
neo2407

Postby Hatori » Fri 08.25.2006 10:45 pm

i also like the ending of Wolf's Rain.. it's so pretty. and i makes me want to cry, in a way... i'm such a pansy at times. i love the Fruits Basket themes... and i like Ah! My Godess open and ending.. i'm not really specific, now am i? grrr... i can't think of anything.. i knew a couple of days ago, that i was thinking about it, and i knew like all of the titles of the songs and the other songs i can't think of. lol.
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Postby fry1 » Fri 08.25.2006 11:02 pm

I like the song on Inuyasha
fry1

Postby Hatori » Sun 08.27.2006 12:44 am

there are like ten billion InuYasha theme songs.. lol. i like the 2nd ending theme song of InuYasha, which i don't feel like looking for the lyrics or name of. yeah. i'm lazy. lol
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Postby Cobra » Sun 08.27.2006 9:38 pm

Hatori wrote:
i also like the ending of Wolf's Rain.. it's so pretty. and i makes me want to cry, in a way... i'm such a pansy at times. i love the Fruits Basket themes... and i like Ah! My Godess open and ending.. i'm not really specific, now am i? grrr... i can't think of anything.. i knew a couple of days ago, that i was thinking about it, and i knew like all of the titles of the songs and the other songs i can't think of. lol.

hey girly, you never showed my the Wolf's Rain song like you said you would...

I also really like the song Fly High in Prince of Tennis. It makes me happy and i feel like i can do anything. i have a lot of anime theme songs that are like that to me. hahaha
I am the Princess of Tennis.
And Kaidoh is my Prince.
^^
Cobra

Postby nick-san » Sun 08.27.2006 9:56 pm

Naruto opening song "We are fighting dreamers"
私の名前はニックです
nick-san

Postby punkgrl326 » Sun 08.27.2006 10:53 pm

Yeah, me too. It's called "Go" by Flow. Let's see, my favorite opening song would have to be, um, I dunno. There's a lot I like, but I guess if I had to choose it'd be Naruto's current opening song: "Re:member" by Flow, and my favorite ending song would have to be either Full Metal Alchemist's first ending: "Unerasable Sin" by Kitada Nana or Bleach's third ending song "Houkiboshi" by Younha.
"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily."

-Thomas Szasz
punkgrl326

PreviousNext

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions