Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Neon Genesis Evangelion

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby Shigeru » Sun 08.27.2006 1:50 pm

Asuka is my favorite female character of NGE, even if she have many problems. B)
Shigeru
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat 06.10.2006 8:43 am

RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby neo2407 » Sun 08.27.2006 3:15 pm

Shigeru wrote:
Asuka is my favorite female character of NGE, even if she have many problems. B)


Yeah, she can be a bit of a b**ch sometimes but she's kinda cool, and (maybe this is just me) kinda cute.
User avatar
neo2407
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun 08.20.2006 6:12 pm

RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby Shigeru » Sun 08.27.2006 4:16 pm

No, you not are the only, I have the same opinion about Asuka. :D B)
Shigeru
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat 06.10.2006 8:43 am

RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby neo2407 » Sun 08.27.2006 5:52 pm

Good, I thought I was going strange(er). Lol.
User avatar
neo2407
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun 08.20.2006 6:12 pm

RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby Sachi » Sun 08.27.2006 7:18 pm

I ended up liking a lot of the charcters, but there just a few I couldn't stand xD Ritsuko really bothered me, for one. :P
User avatar
Sachi
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue 10.18.2005 4:12 pm

RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby neo2407 » Sun 08.27.2006 7:47 pm

Sachi wrote:
I ended up liking a lot of the charcters, but there just a few I couldn't stand xD Ritsuko really bothered me, for one. :P


Yeah I ended up hating her.
I think Rei is kinda funny, just incase you think im completely mad just remember the scene with Rei and Asuka in the elevator...in silence, I just started laughing. You could see Asuka was annoyed but Rei was just standing there...emotionless. Those kind of scenes crack me up. XD
I think Rei would look alot better and quite cute if she smiled a bit. Shame she doesn't though.
User avatar
neo2407
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun 08.20.2006 6:12 pm

RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby Sachi » Sun 08.27.2006 7:53 pm

*points to avvie* :P

But I know what you mean. I got a kick out of that scene, too :D I love how Asuka got so annoyed with her, and how Shinji was just so awkward xD
User avatar
Sachi
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue 10.18.2005 4:12 pm

RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby Chris Hart » Sun 08.27.2006 8:00 pm

neo2407 wrote:
I think Rei is kinda funny, just incase you think im completely mad just remember the scene with Rei and Asuka in the elevator...in silence, I just started laughing. You could see Asuka was annoyed but Rei was just standing there...emotionless. Those kind of scenes crack me up. XD
I think Rei would look alot better and quite cute if she smiled a bit. Shame she doesn't though.

But having her smile would take so much away from her charecter. She would loose that somewhat inhuman feel that seems to have been intentionally tied to her charecter, especially if you pay attention to the later episodes.

I like the fact that all the charecters in that series seem much more real than in other anime series that I have seen.

*points to avvie*

But I know what you mean. I got a kick out of that scene, too I love how Asuka got so annoyed with her, and how Shinji was just so awkward xD


I think it is great charecter design to have Shinji not fit in. It happens so often in the series, that everything seems so believeable. Another scene that adds some depth to some of the charecters is right afer Shinji discoveres Pen^2, and the shocked look on Misato's face before she reminds him that he is wearing nothing, and how quickly he gets embaressed. I don't think she really had to lift the beer can that was blocking the "camera" watching Shinji, though. You could almost tell he wasn't wearing anything before that, although the strategic placement of the toothpics was a smart way of confirming that he wasn't wrapped in a towel.
Last edited by Chris Hart on Sun 08.27.2006 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Chris Hart
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Wed 07.05.2006 3:36 pm
Location: 未確認飛行物体

RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby Hatori » Sun 08.27.2006 8:01 pm

yeah... but i thought that scene was kinda sad... lol... i didn't find it very funny.. :-S lol. i'm weird.
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
User avatar
Hatori
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Thu 10.13.2005 10:31 pm
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Native language: English
Gender: Female

RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby Sachi » Sun 08.27.2006 8:07 pm

Chris Hart wrote:
neo2407 wrote:
I think Rei is kinda funny, just incase you think im completely mad just remember the scene with Rei and Asuka in the elevator...in silence, I just started laughing. You could see Asuka was annoyed but Rei was just standing there...emotionless. Those kind of scenes crack me up. XD
I think Rei would look alot better and quite cute if she smiled a bit. Shame she doesn't though.

But having her smile would take so much away from her charecter. She would loose that somewhat inhuman feel that seems to have been intentionally tied to her charecter, especially if you pay attention to the later episodes.

I like the fact that all the charecters in that series seem much more real than in other anime series that I have seen.


Yes. But the few times she does are great scenes. I love the one where her Eva is protecting Shiji's with the shield as he attacks the angel, and at the end, Shinji runs up to her and opens the cockpit hatch and starts crying. Good stuff :)
User avatar
Sachi
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue 10.18.2005 4:12 pm

RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby datdo » Sun 08.27.2006 8:55 pm

does anyone else notice NGE references in other Gainax productions? I mean like FLCL and This Ugly yet Beautiful World.
datdo
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon 07.03.2006 11:24 pm

RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby Cobra » Sun 08.27.2006 9:32 pm

Hatori wrote:
NGE has so much to it... i've like watched my boxset like 3 times, and i still don't understand. i actually got more confused. XDD

well, i feel like posting my Kaoru's "Gay" Song... it's funny.

"He's Gay"
Written by Hatori and Cobra (just our member names on this website)

He's Gay, He's Gay, He Swings Both Ways
Who Can be so hot 'n' gay in an anime?
He's Gay, He's Gay, He Swings Both Ways
He Doesn't go for Asuka, and for Rei
He's Gay, He's Gay, He Swings Both Ways
Shinji stay away from "Mr.Gay"
He's Gay, He's Gay, He Swings Both Ways
He can pilot a PINK Eva, without a manly color
He's Gay, He's Gay, He Swings Both Ways
HE'S GAAAAAAAY!


yeah, that was corny... but, it's funny if you actually listen to the recording of it. and it's kinda saying Kaoru is bi, too. :-P anyways, Kaoru is supposedly piloting a black eva.. but, the pink is funny. hahaha.

has anybody here read Angelic days?? IT'S FREAKIN' SCARY! i'm like "WTF?! What's up with everything happy? oh, when was that dude alive, anyways??" lol.

NGE has a lot religious meaning to it. i was like about to burst out crying in the middle of the 2nd movie, but then my disk was being retarded. and i never got to finish it. anyways, my friend, Yuki_Sohma207, made a copy of it for me. so it's not the real DVD... i have to finish watching it with Cobra... :( :( :( so sad.

what does everybody think about Asuka in the 2nd movie?? my friends all say that she's a b**ch, but i've always liked her. even if she really is one, i've always felt bad for her, and she's been like my favorite female character. [small]i don't like Rei...[/small]
but, i actually kind of think that Asuka should feel that her mother has been protecting her and stuff.


lol! I remeber I had to sing that song for Nat's movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahh! good times goot times. I'm upset that the song isn't on your computer anymore. dang... i wanted a copy. lol.
B)
like we would be on the phone trying to make up lyrics lol.
I am the Princess of Tennis.
And Kaidoh is my Prince.
^^
User avatar
Cobra
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed 08.09.2006 1:13 pm

RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby Hatori » Tue 09.05.2006 10:34 pm

Cobra wrote:
Hatori wrote:
NGE has so much to it... i've like watched my boxset like 3 times, and i still don't understand. i actually got more confused. XDD

well, i feel like posting my Kaoru's "Gay" Song... it's funny.

"He's Gay"
Written by Hatori and Cobra (just our member names on this website)

He's Gay, He's Gay, He Swings Both Ways
Who Can be so hot 'n' gay in an anime?
He's Gay, He's Gay, He Swings Both Ways
He Doesn't go for Asuka, and for Rei
He's Gay, He's Gay, He Swings Both Ways
Shinji stay away from "Mr.Gay"
He's Gay, He's Gay, He Swings Both Ways
He can pilot a PINK Eva, without a manly color
He's Gay, He's Gay, He Swings Both Ways
HE'S GAAAAAAAY!


yeah, that was corny... but, it's funny if you actually listen to the recording of it. and it's kinda saying Kaoru is bi, too. :-P anyways, Kaoru is supposedly piloting a black eva.. but, the pink is funny. hahaha.

has anybody here read Angelic days?? IT'S FREAKIN' SCARY! i'm like "WTF?! What's up with everything happy? oh, when was that dude alive, anyways??" lol.

NGE has a lot religious meaning to it. i was like about to burst out crying in the middle of the 2nd movie, but then my disk was being retarded. and i never got to finish it. anyways, my friend, Yuki_Sohma207, made a copy of it for me. so it's not the real DVD... i have to finish watching it with Cobra... :( :( :( so sad.

what does everybody think about Asuka in the 2nd movie?? my friends all say that she's a b**ch, but i've always liked her. even if she really is one, i've always felt bad for her, and she's been like my favorite female character. [small]i don't like Rei...[/small]
but, i actually kind of think that Asuka should feel that her mother has been protecting her and stuff.


lol! I remeber I had to sing that song for Nat's movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahh! good times goot times. I'm upset that the song isn't on your computer anymore. dang... i wanted a copy. lol.
B)
like we would be on the phone trying to make up lyrics lol.


XDD i remember doing that. that was hilarious.. yep. great memories of our random-ness. oh yeah, if you really want me to get it back on my PC, i can go to Natso's and ask her if i can put the disk on my PC and then i can adjust it in Windows Movie Maker. so yeah. lol. we can put it on Owen's MP3!! XDD i love my boyfriend <3

omg, Cobra and i were skimming through the 10 book of NGE, and it's freakin' scary with Kaoru... hahaaaaa.... Angelic Days... that also scared me TONS! lol!
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
User avatar
Hatori
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Thu 10.13.2005 10:31 pm
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Native language: English
Gender: Female

RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby Shigeru » Wed 09.06.2006 8:25 am

:D :D :D jaja, very good song and perfect for Shinji! Really hilarious, only one thing... a pink EVA? Is the first time what a have that image :D to infinite
Shigeru
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat 06.10.2006 8:43 am

RE: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby Hatori » Wed 09.06.2006 9:34 pm

Shigeru wrote:
:D :D :D jaja, very good song and perfect for Shinji! Really hilarious, only one thing... a pink EVA? Is the first time what a have that image :D to infinite


yay! thank you for the compliment! w00t. i feel special. lol. hmm... if Kaoru's truley straight or bi, i think he'd still look good in a pink eva. i mean- REAL MEN WEAR PINK! and PLAY DOUBLES IN TENNIS! lol.... yeah. lol... i love it when guys wear bubblegum pink and they're straight. they look so cute :3 ^_^

hmm... soon i think i'm going to re-watch Evangelion... i havn't watched it for a long time. on Cobra's single DVDs, it feels so weird to watch them since the quality isn't as nice as my fixed up DVDs... for some reason, i enjoy watching old animes that don't have such high quality... sometimes if feels very classic and original. but i also love animes, such as Ah! My Goddess, that make them always look like it's a movie.

oh yeah, i heard that the NGE ppl made another two episodes after the last episode there is. but it sucked so much, that they didn't put it in the real series. just a cool fact to know. lol. one of my NGE fanatic friends told me that they found out about it once and i can't remember if he watched it or not...
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
User avatar
Hatori
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Thu 10.13.2005 10:31 pm
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Native language: English
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests