Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Angel Heart

Angel Heart

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

Angel Heart

Postby paul_b » Wed 01.31.2007 9:19 am

Anybody watching this anime series?

There's one thing that bugs me about it. The heroine of the series was the victim of a very nasty organisation. Through an unlikely series of events [spoiler]the heroine turned out to be the daughter of the head of that organisation[/spoiler].

So the head of the organisation is heart stricken about the things his organisation had done to the heroine of the story and yet he doesn't show the slightest bit of regret about all the other people treated the same way as her. And nobody else seems to be bothered about that either. For all we know they could be busy bringing up another 'class' in the same way as the one she was in. :@

This anime has all sorts of supposedly moral themes and yet this glaring inconsistency runs right through it (well, as far as the first 20 episodes anyway).

Anyway that is the end of my rant, now I've got that off my chest I'll get back to more useful stuff instead.
paul_b

RE: Angel Heart

Postby carlanox » Wed 01.31.2007 9:54 am

I read the manga. It's the one that related to city hunter right?
carlanox

Postby paul_b » Wed 01.31.2007 10:03 am

carlanox wrote:
I read the manga. It's the one that related to city hunter right?

It's "alternative universe" city hunter. Because [spoiler]the fans were pissed that the author was killing Kaori off[/spoiler].
paul_b

Postby carlanox » Wed 01.31.2007 10:28 am

[spoiler]But the most insteresting part is Kaori's heart is still alive and her personality is absorbed by angel heart. So it's like continuity of city hunter plus Kaori upgrades to equal to her man plus tougher enemy[/spoiler].
carlanox

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions