Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - List all of your mangas and animes you own.

List all of your mangas and animes you own.

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

List all of your mangas and animes you own.

Postby Hatori » Sat 06.16.2007 1:25 am

Hello. I just wanted to see a list of what some people have in their collection. If we could add up all of the money we've spent on our animes and mangas, I think you'd s*** your pants depending on how hardcore you are on collecting. lol...
Just list how many volumes you have and if it's complete or not with your books and dvds.
My lists are going to start here on down as of August 17, 2007.

Manga:
Saiyuki (9- finished)
Saiyuki Reload (7- currently all in America)
Bus Gamer (one shot manga book)
Wild Adapter (2- currently all in America)
Instant Teen (4- finished)
Tokyo Mew Mew (7- finished)
Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode (2- finished)
Kanji De Manga (3)
Wolf's Rain (2- finished)
Maison Ikkoku (15- finished)
Alice 19th (7- finished)
Aishiteru ze Baby ** (7- finished)
Pokemon (2- Red and Yellow versions)
Skip Beat (7- all books currently in America)
Nana (6- read later chapters in magazine)
Absolute Boyfriend (4- read later chapters in magazine)
Here is Greenwood (9- finished)
W Juliet (6)
Rurouni Kenshin (3)
Kare Kano (3)
Sugar Sugar Rune (6- all books currently in America)
Someday Dreamers Spellbound (3- all books currently in America)
ShojoBeat Magazine (issues dating from March 2006)
Otaku USA (August 2007)
Tons of books in Japanese

Anime:
Hello Kitty (boxset)
Excel Saga (boxset)
Neon Genesis Evangelion and both movies (boxsets)
Saiyuki and movie (boxset)
Final Fantasy: Unlimited (boxset)
Pretear (boxset)
Angelic Layer (boxset)
Hamtaro (this video tape)
InuYasha (first season)
InuYasha movie 2
Maison Ikkoku (6 dvds)
Haibane Renmei (3- finished)
Ah! My Goddes (2)
Chobits (1)
X (2)
Please Twins! (1)
Brain Powered (1)
Cyborg 009 (1)
Some anime I can't read the title of (1)
Millenium Actress
Nausicaa Valley of the Wind
Castle in the Sky
My Neighbor Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Porco Rosso
Princess Mononoke (DUDE! This movie took me FOREVER to find three years ago. lol!!!)
Spirited Away
The Cat Returns
Howl's Moving Castle
Some trial DVD from a magazine of animes
Chance Pop Session (episode one trial DVD)
Chance Pop Session DVD 2
.hack//Liminality (one episode that came with a game)
That Pokemon movie... XD and a few old tapes and a Christmas special. lol.
--------

Uhm..... This is it. I guess I'll add stuff as I get more junk. Haha. A few of my DVDs I bought were $2 plus the buy two get a third free thing... lol!!
Last edited by Hatori on Fri 08.17.2007 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

RE: List all of your mangas and animes you own.

Postby SirFirestorm » Sat 06.16.2007 2:05 am

Too many to list =(

I personally dont have that much but a friend of mine has approx $2000+ worth of manga. Anime... probably somewhere around ~$1500. Not including figurines, but that stuff is expensive too and it is way too much to list.

btw linkie in my sig goes to animenfo which is a site that lets you make a comprehensive list of anime and manga with comments. Very time consuming but you might want to consider making a list there instead.
SirFirestorm

Postby Kashin » Sat 06.16.2007 3:31 am

Manga:
Rurouni Kenshin 1-18
Naruto 1-8
Inuyasha Animanga 1

Anime:
Cowboy Bebop Complete Series+Movie on DVD
Inuyasha the Movie 1: Affections Touching Across Time DVD
Inuyasha the Movie 2: The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass DVD
Miyazaki's Spirited Away DVD

Impressive, neh? :p I'll have to start collecting again. I'd like to get some Naruto DVDs and the Samurai X DVDs. I want to buy Pom Poko too but I haven't been able to find it. I better start my collection back up. Any suggestions?
Last edited by Kashin on Sat 06.16.2007 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
What good is a farmer who tills the soil, but forgets the seed?

~落ち葉は風を恨まない~
Kashin

Postby inuinu » Sat 06.16.2007 9:41 am

全部は無理なので
子供の頃に買っていた漫画の中で、強く印象に残っている好きだったものを挙げてみます。
海外でもある程度有名だと考えられるスタンダード路線のものや、
最近のものは挙げても興味はないでしょうから除外します。

釣りキチ三平 tsurikichi sanpei (yaguchi takao)
漂流教室 hyouryuu kyoushitsu (umezu kazuo)
サバイバル survival (saitou takao)
カムイ伝 kamuiden (shirato sanpei)
三丁目の夕日 sanchoume no yuuhi (saigan ryouhei)
六三四の剣 musashi no ken (murakami motoka)
笑ゥせぇるすまん warau salesman (fujiko fujio A)

ブラックジャック black jack (tezuka osamu)
これは海外でも有名の部類に入ると思うけど、超名作だと思っているので
どうしても除外はできません B)

しかし、こうして改めてみると
私は子供の頃からちょっと変わった趣味だったようです :|
tasukeru kotoga dekiru nara
tasuketai to omou.
dakedo eigo ha nigate.
inuinu

Postby Hatori » Sat 06.16.2007 1:11 pm

Kashin wrote:
I'd like to get some Naruto DVDs and the Samurai X DVDs. I want to buy Pom Poko too but I haven't been able to find it. I better start my collection back up. Any suggestions?

Naruto DVDs are ripoffs but you can buy those special edition packs at Best Buy for $40+ but get them at Wal-Mart for like $30 and below. lol.
Samurai X is REALLY cheap at best buy. I can't remember but it's within the $25-$35 range.
I really want Pom Poko and the other Miyazaki DVDs I don't have but they're WAAAAY to expensive!! $22+ just for a movie at Best Buy and worse at Borders. lol.
Hmm... As for suggestions, being a girl and all, I only have two Shounen-ey series except for Pokemon because ANYBODY can love Pokemon. But I'd say anything that I've listed previously. lol. Saiyuki is probably my most graphic, sweary, bad-referenced book that people can like, but it's very bishounen. lol.
Excel Saga is definately something people can litterally LOL at depending on your sense of humour.
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby Kashin » Sat 06.16.2007 3:08 pm

How are the Naruto Uncut Boxed Sets? Are they more aligned to the manga, without the Funimation TV edits? I know the individual DVDs suck. Same with the Inuyashas. I would much rather just buy a $40+ whole season boxed set and spend less money than buy 8 $23 dvds to complete a season.

I do really want samurai X for collection's sake. I want to get Ninja Scroll, too. (movies and series) it is one of the more graphic series' i have seen, though.

I would say Borders is the WORST place (besides FYE) to buy any DVDs/CDs. They have a decent selection sometimes, but it's hardly worth it. What's worse, is everything is cheaper on Borders.com than it is in the store. So I look at the website, get a price estimate, go to the store, and the prices are jacked way up. Also, the Genki Textbook 1 was $83 at borders! Without the CD or workbook! Ridiculous.

Oh I LOVE Pokemon. I've played all the games and I record and watch it every day on Cartoon Network. I'd like to read some of the manga, but i don't think I work enough.

I think my sense of humor relies on kindof those, witty remarks that you don't expect. Like, have you ever watched Shin-chan on Adult Swim? It's that kind of humor that gets me the best; lots of innuendo, pop-culture stabs, and especially jokes you'd get if you understand Japanese Culture. Alot of "out there" humor too, like something you'd find in Family Guy, South Park, or the Simpsons. Most Adult Swim shows reflect that pretty well. So essentially satirical comedy is what I LOL the most to. Any series' like that?

Oh yeah, i'm not really that into bishounen stuff. It just reminds me of bad experiences I had with Fushigi Yugi. :p

(lol, 69th post! :D)
Last edited by Kashin on Sat 06.16.2007 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~落ち葉は風を恨まない~
Kashin

Postby Hatori » Sun 06.17.2007 1:34 pm

Kashin wrote:
How are the Naruto Uncut Boxed Sets? Are they more aligned to the manga, without the Funimation TV edits? I know the individual DVDs suck.

I would say Borders is the WORST place (besides FYE) to buy any DVDs/CDs. So I look at the website, get a price estimate, go to the store, and the prices are jacked way up.

Oh I LOVE Pokemon. I've played all the games and I record and watch it every day on Cartoon Network. I'd like to read some of the manga, but i don't think I work enough.

I think my sense of humor relies on kindof those, witty remarks that you don't expect. So essentially satirical comedy is what I LOL the most to. Any series' like that?

Oh yeah, i'm not really that into bishounen stuff. It just reminds me of bad experiences I had with Fushigi Yugi. :p

(lol, 69th post! :D)

I've never bought the Naruto Uncut DVD sets. Somebody I know TOTALLY ruined my fun for Naruto. I bought the first book, she bought all of the books, started to obsess with Gaara and think he's "sexy", and just totally spazzed out. It was living hell. T.T But! When I liked Naruto she bought me the first disk when it came out around my birthday last year. I traded the first book and DVD. I think I might buy the Uncuts though because not all of my Naruto love has disappeared!!
Oh yeah, I HATE that they cut out the part when Naruto and Sasuke kiss by accident in first or second episode. XD Along with many other scenes too where cut out.

I agree with you for Borders. It's my FAVORITE store on earth, along with GameStop and Kohls, but I see DVDs for $30 while you can buy them for $15 at WAL-MART!!

OMG! I have all of the games, at least one from each set of colors or whatever, except after Ruby/Saphire because I don't have a DS and the games are just not good anymore. There's too many Pokemon and it's not as great as the original Red/Blue (Thank the Lord I have the Wii, PS2, GBSP, and Xbox!! lol). But there aren't many books for the Pkmn series. It just goes by the colors and so far there's Red, Yellow, and the Mystery Dungeon. There ain't that many. OH! I also have this really small book that I got for free with an old game that has Ash and Pikachu and it's adorible. I also have ten billion cards.

I don't have cable television so I don't really have much to say about the TV shows that you've mentioned. I live in an outdated home because my parents are OOOOLD and somewhat cheap (speak of the devil, my father is painting my window from the outside on a very shaky ladder instead of hiring somebody. LOL :p :D). Anyways, you may like Here is Greenwood because it just revolves around a sort of empty plot but it's hilarious because the characters are such... SADISTS! Othwerwise I don't have any books a boy may like because my only books boys may like are Saiyuki, Wolf's Rain, Kanji De Manga, possibly Alice 19th, and Here is Greenwood.

Okay, 'nuff said.
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby Kisshu » Sun 06.17.2007 4:08 pm

I dunno.... i nkow I have about 80 mangas or some, not too many... and maybe 30 animes?
ラブラブ!!<3
My Japanese Blog: http://www.jellyfishsushi.blogspot.com
My Art: http://www.k-i-s-s-h-u.deviantart.com
Kisshu

Postby Tspoonami » Sun 06.17.2007 4:13 pm

I have the entire Rurouni Kenshin manga series in English except for volume 25.

That's it.
Sometimes I think that I'm afraid of thinking, and that scares me.
Tspoonami

Postby Kashin » Sun 06.17.2007 8:01 pm

Hatori wrote:
I've never bought the Naruto Uncut DVD sets. Somebody I know TOTALLY ruined my fun for Naruto. I bought the first book, she bought all of the books, started to obsess with Gaara and think he's "sexy", and just totally spazzed out. It was living hell. T.T But! When I liked Naruto she bought me the first disk when it came out around my birthday last year. I traded the first book and DVD. I think I might buy the Uncuts though because not all of my Naruto love has disappeared!!
Oh yeah, I HATE that they cut out the part when Naruto and Sasuke kiss by accident in first or second episode. XD Along with many other scenes too where cut out.

I completely agree with you on Naruto. I loved it when I first started reading it. It just blew my mind and had such a great artistic style! Then the show premiered on CN and I was devastated. They cut out the best parts, and made it waaay to kiddie. All of a sudden we have all these pre-teen boys running around with shuriken and headbands they bought at walmart, yelling "Believe it!" (not to mention Naruto doesn't say that phrase very much in the manga) And don't get me started on the Naruto video-games. Not that i'm against kids enjoying good anime, but if they didn't cut the episodes like they did for toonami, Naruto would probably be better suited for Adult Swim. Same goes with Rurouni Kenshin when it was on. The toonami show didn't follow the manga AT ALL! Lol...Gaara. Just because he has 愛 on his forehead he's got to be the love interest of all the otaku girls. The otaku girls at my school were that way with Sesshoumaru. :p

I agree with you for Borders. It's my FAVORITE store on earth, along with GameStop and Kohls, but I see DVDs for $30 while you can buy them for $15 at WAL-MART!!

Letsee, my favorite shops are Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Borders, and Guitar Center. Besides those it's all about the thrift-shops and second-hand stores!

OMG! I have all of the games, at least one from each set of colors or whatever, except after Ruby/Saphire because I don't have a DS and the games are just not good anymore. There's too many Pokemon and it's not as great as the original Red/Blue (Thank the Lord I have the Wii, PS2, GBSP, and Xbox!! lol). But there aren't many books for the Pkmn series. It just goes by the colors and so far there's Red, Yellow, and the Mystery Dungeon. There ain't that many. OH! I also have this really small book that I got for free with an old game that has Ash and Pikachu and it's adorible. I also have ten billion cards.

Yep, i've played Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Pokemon Stadium, Sapphire, Fire Red, and Diamond. I know the franchise is not what it used to be, but I'm HOOKED on Diamond. I didn't think it would be that great, but I was very surprised. The fact that there are so many pokemon gives me even more fun. The graphics and gameplay are perfect for the DS too. I plan on getting the Pokemon Battle Revolution for Wii when it comes out. (yes, I have Wii. I waited outside best-buy for three hours the day it came out. Twilight Princess rocks! But that's a whole other topic)
I've got a bunch of cards, but only from the first few series'. Oh, and Ninetails...yeah, beat that!

you may like Here is Greenwood because it just revolves around a sort of empty plot but it's hilarious because the characters are such... SADISTS!

That sounds like something i'd be into...very much! Are there any episodes/volumes online?
And hey if you ever want to watch Shin Chan or Adult Swim originals, you can stream some of the episodes for free on adultswim.com. I think i'm the only person who still likes Aqua Teen Hunger Force...

~落ち葉は風を恨まない~
Kashin

Postby Hatori » Mon 06.18.2007 1:16 am

Kashin wrote:
I completely agree with you on Naruto.

Letsee, my favorite shops are Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Borders, and Guitar Center. Besides those it's all about the thrift-shops and second-hand stores!

I've got a bunch of cards, but only from the first few series'. Oh, and Ninetails...yeah, beat that!

you may like Here is Greenwood because it just revolves around a sort of empty plot but it's hilarious because the characters are such... SADISTS!

That sounds like something i'd be into...very much! Are there any episodes/volumes online?
And hey if you ever want to watch Shin Chan or Adult Swim originals, you can stream some of the episodes for free on adultswim.com. I think i'm the only person who still likes Aqua Teen Hunger Force...

I mean... Naruto is just too popular now. I liked it when it was small n' cool- AND WHEN IT WAS COOL WHEN PEOPLE WOULD EAT MANGO ICECREAM WITH KAKASHI (I'm going to PM the joke to you. XD)!!

As for the places you like to buy stuff- marry me :o :p. (T.T) lol

I have Ninetails already. XD Anyways, I have a Dragonite (or whatever is the biggest thing of that evolution cycle is) in Japanese, holographic, and team rocket!! *evil laugh*

There's nine Here is Greenwood books and the anime I don't remember, but I think it's not that long. But it's so funny!! I have up to the seventh book but I'm going to buy the last two later this week. As the story progresses the main character starts to get more mature and develops a more "older" personality, but that's what makes everything progress somewhat.

I have dial up. T.T It sucks. lol... I know, I sound like the most deprived teenager on this planet when it comes to electronics- BUT I'M NOT!!
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby Kashin » Mon 06.18.2007 2:43 am

No no, it's quite alright. I had dial-up all the way through my sophomore year of high-school. (i'm a college sophomore now :p) I've always been a country boy and the technology just never seemed to make it out where I was living.

And Naruto did get WAY too popular. I couldn't believe how fast it happened when the anime premiered. I'm going to catch up on the manga now. And go ahead PM that joke to me i seem to be completely lost.

I should have added a line break. I just meant Ninetales in general (I do have the holographic card though) it always used to be Articuno, but wow...Ninetales :D

And the Here Is Greenwood books? Are they available around America or do you have to look a little harder for them?

As for the places you like to buy stuff- marry me . (T.T) lol

Umm...no comment. ;) :p

~落ち葉は風を恨まない~
Kashin

Postby Obsessed_Saru » Tue 06.19.2007 4:15 pm

Don't feel bad Hatori, I too am a teen deprived of fast internet...I hate dial up.

Ok, my Manga list...lets see here:
Alichino (1-3): It's so pretty...
Ranma 1/2 (4,5,7)
Ai Yori Aoshi (1,2)
Arcana (1,2)
RaveMaster (1): The first manga I ever bought
Vampire Night (1)
Crescent Moon (1)
Fruits Basket (1)
Kare First Love (1)
Shaolin Sisters (1,3)
Ceres Celestual Legend (5): WHY?!?!?
Fushigi Yugi Genbu Kaiden (1)

Anime List!
Neon Genesis Evongelion: The box set! I got it at a thrift store for $15...what a steal! ~<3
Maze (1-4)
Papuwa (1-3): Papuwa is really funny.

As you can see, my collections are almost all incomplete. I just don't have the funds nesscary for such a hobby. I just read my friend's manga... >:D
There are no dumb questions, therefore, they are all of equal stupidity.
Obsessed_Saru

Postby Hijiku » Sat 06.23.2007 11:30 am

hmmmm..lets see
Manga;
Ranma 1/2 (1-12)
Gravitation (1 & 2)
Inu-Yasha (1-20)
-FAKE- #1 (waste of $$$)
Naruto (1-6)
Furi Kuri (1-3)

Anime;
FLCL (Complete)
"Metropolice" (Never really watched it)
Castel in the Sky
Bleach (Entire collection in Japanese)

thas about it really. i just finished downloading the final episode of BLEACH yesterday and i'm quite proud to own the whole serise on my comp. (which is about 2 gigs of space used!!)
your life is meaningless, like a glow-stick.

(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny!!
(")_(")
Hijiku

Postby Hatori » Mon 06.25.2007 2:13 pm

Kashin wrote:
And the Here Is Greenwood books? Are they available around America or do you have to look a little harder for them?

You can just find Here is Greenwood in your local bookstore. They're not that hard to find.
---
As for the other people who posted their books above me, I've got to say the books you guys have a very good. I read a few of those books here and there but I like them! :D I also got my friends to buy as many books as me too... I know, it's terrible. Lots of money goooone. But we do enjoy what we read. heh.
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Next

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions