View topic - Japan Highway English Site: Requesting Comments
The site was going to originally be marketed towards foreign tourists coming to Japan until I pointed out the fact that the JR Rail Pass is only 2万, and that most people visiting Japan will not be using cars. The look on everyone's face was priceless.
In any case, we're redesigning the site to be useful to foreigners who are in Japan, but haven't been here long enough to really get to know the surrounding areas. Mainly AETs and 短期間 Engineers and that sort of thing.
I'm considering some of the items below, but if you have any ideas of opinions, please send them my way.
I want to make a site that will help foreigners get a better grasp of Japanese local culture, instead of focusing only on the big cities, and the famous sites.
* Local Events throughout Japan (especially those you can't get to by train)
* Local famous foods or items.
* A travel cost calculator
* Ryokans and Minshuku Listings (Bed and Breakfasts)
* Tourist Spots
* Popular foods / items for foreigerns (like those cute little takayama dolls)
* English Map of Japan (Google-map like)
* English ServiceArea info
* Comment section for each tourist spot, food, Ryokan, etc
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
- Posts: 2964
- Joined: Tue 06.14.2005 3:24 am
- Location: Gifu, Japan
- Native language: (poor) English
Fuel station locations and possible train station locations as well as subway locations? I realize these won't be on the highways, but a simple map to get to a train station or subway from the highway would be nice.
- Posts: 4137
- Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 11:03 am
- Native language: English
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu 05.29.2008 12:38 am
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests