Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Makoto's First 親父ギャグ

Makoto's First 親父ギャグ

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Re: Makoto's First 親父ギャグ

Postby Oyaji » Mon 08.25.2008 9:03 am

That's a great story, but if he starts running around the house with a necktie tied around his head, making loud sucking noises trying to get food unstuck from between his teeth, you should probably start worrying.


By the way Clay, where did you say you are, and how much longer will you be there?
User avatar
Oyaji
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sun 04.30.2006 9:57 pm

Re: Makoto's First 親父ギャグ

Postby kyubisharingan » Mon 08.25.2008 6:36 pm

lol thats cute
kyubisharingan
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue 10.16.2007 5:45 pm

Re: Makoto's First 親父ギャグ

Postby clay » Mon 08.25.2008 6:39 pm

Oyaji wrote:That's a great story, but if he starts running around the house with a necktie tied around his head, making loud sucking noises trying to get food unstuck from between his teeth, you should probably start worrying.


I will be sure to let everyone know if he starts doing that. :oops:

Oyaji wrote:By the way Clay, where did you say you are, and how much longer will you be there?


We are in Fukui City (Fukui ken) and leave September 22nd. We are halfway looking forward to going back to Florida, but know we will miss Fukui as soon as we leave. :mrgreen: We are staying with Yumi's parents which is nice, but it isn't home. (That and I REALLY miss Mexican food)
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
User avatar
clay
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2809
Joined: Fri 01.21.2005 9:39 am
Location: Florida

Re: Makoto's First 親父ギャグ

Postby becki_kanou » Mon 08.25.2008 9:39 pm

clay wrote:We are in Fukui City (Fukui ken) and leave September 22nd. We are halfway looking forward to going back to Florida, but know we will miss Fukui as soon as we leave. :mrgreen: We are staying with Yumi's parents which is nice, but it isn't home. (That and I REALLY miss Mexican food)


Almost the very first thing I did when I went back to the States last week was head to our local Mexican place and pig out! They have the most delicious salsa with lots and lots of cilantro in it. Mmmmm!

And a roaming Mariachi band!
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
User avatar
becki_kanou
 
Posts: 3402
Joined: Sat 04.19.2008 10:09 pm
Location: Hyogo, Japan
Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語
Gender: Female

Re: Makoto's First 親父ギャグ

Postby clay » Tue 08.26.2008 12:05 am

Almost the very first thing I did when I went back to the States last week was head to our local Mexican place and pig out! They have the most delicious salsa with lots and lots of cilantro in it. Mmmmm!


I found a Mexican restaurant in Tokyo once. My excitement cooled after seeing the price tag for a single taco. I can't remember now how much it was, but the tiny taco just didn't seem to be worth what they were asking (and this is coming from someone who was craving tacos!)

When we honeymooned in Singapore I pigged out at a Tex-Mex restaurant they had there. We have pictures of that event. I still drool a little when thinking of it.

I do love the many Indian restaurants in Japan. In Florida, I have to drive an hour to get curry that is half-way decent.
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
User avatar
clay
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2809
Joined: Fri 01.21.2005 9:39 am
Location: Florida

Re: Makoto's First 親父ギャグ

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 08.26.2008 1:39 pm

becki_kanou wrote:
clay wrote:We are in Fukui City (Fukui ken) and leave September 22nd. We are halfway looking forward to going back to Florida, but know we will miss Fukui as soon as we leave. :mrgreen: We are staying with Yumi's parents which is nice, but it isn't home. (That and I REALLY miss Mexican food)


Almost the very first thing I did when I went back to the States last week was head to our local Mexican place and pig out! They have the most delicious salsa with lots and lots of cilantro in it. Mmmmm!

And a roaming Mariachi band!


Oh, I make some killer salsa's.. I make one that's totally fresh (in other words nothing cooked) and another one where I saute the vegetables. I even had an associate (from Mexico) ask me to make her some because her mother liked it so much.. I was completely floored at that request. Although I usually go pretty light on the cilantro.
User avatar
two_heads_talking
 
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 11:03 am
Native language: English

Previous

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests