Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - General Discussion on Johnny's

General Discussion on Johnny's

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

General Discussion on Johnny's

Postby Ragevx1 » Wed 09.03.2008 1:20 pm

So for those who live in Japan, have you heard of being one of the "Johnny Boys" from Johnny's Entertainment? For those who don't know what it is, they are a company that hire youngsters to perform, sing and act.

I've been really into their music, which doesn't feel normal cause they are all guys HAHAHA. So yeah, it feels awkward, but anyways. What do you guys know about them? Is it a great thing to work for them? (That even parents would send in applications to get their kids to work there). But I've also heard that they don't get paid like real stars (such as us celebs) and work under strict contracts.

What do you guys think? Opinions? Thoughts?
Ragevx1

Re: General Discussion on Johnny's

Postby BrianM » Wed 09.03.2008 9:18 pm

Don't know what that is but when I was there this group of about 10 teen guys had their song everywhere. I saw them perform on HeyHeyHey.
Is that it?
BrianM

Native language: English/Portuguese

Postby Ragevx1 » Wed 09.03.2008 9:42 pm

Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I mean
Ragevx1

Postby Mugiwara_shojo » Thu 09.25.2008 9:54 pm

I love News! They're part of Johnny's. They are amazing. Tegoshi <3 For some reason I prefer Japanese boy bands to American boy bands...
I'm such a fangirl...but I love it. ^^
Mugiwara_shojo

Postby MMM » Sat 09.27.2008 5:25 am

Ragevx1 wrote:So for those who live in Japan, have you heard of being one of the "Johnny Boys" from Johnny's Entertainment? For those who don't know what it is, they are a company that hire youngsters to perform, sing and act.

I've been really into their music, which doesn't feel normal cause they are all guys HAHAHA. So yeah, it feels awkward, but anyways. What do you guys know about them? Is it a great thing to work for them? (That even parents would send in applications to get their kids to work there). But I've also heard that they don't get paid like real stars (such as us celebs) and work under strict contracts.

What do you guys think? Opinions? Thoughts?

Johnny's is a managerial company that only produces boy-bands. They have been at it for decades. They know how to put acts together and sell albums, for sure. Right now their biggest act is KAT-TUN, but acts like SMAP, Arashi, Kanjani-8, Kinki Kids and V-6 are still huge.

Is it a great thing to work for them? From what I hear, these guys work 20 hours a day, and are paid much less than you would expect (they are basically salary-men...paid determined by a long-term contract, whether or not they are successful...so it sucks if you are successful and have to work 90 hours a week for 15,000 dollars a month)
めちゃめちゃメディア
Mecha Mecha Media

http://www.mechamechamedia.blogspot.com/
MMM

Native language: English

Postby Mike Cash » Sat 09.27.2008 8:26 am

They put up a severely tacky looking theater in the otherwise fashionable Odaiba area of Tokyo......and there are girls lined up down the block to get into the thing.

Can't recall having ever seen a guy in line, though.
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Native language: English

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan