PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture
kyo_sora_forever
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 11.12.2006 4:51 pm

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kyo_sora_forever » Mon 09.29.2008 10:19 am

I went to Japan as and exchange student this summer and I used Japanese tap

water to brush my teeth

right? ( they told us the water is safe just dont drink too much at once the first

couple of days ) My breath was so bad that they

literally had to open the windows when I talked! It was so bad at one point I was

in class and I smelled a disgusting vomity smell ( super strong! stare ) I closed my

mouth and realized it was my breath. I was stationed in a

small hick town called Kasugai in Aichi prefecture where everybody new everyone

and pretty soon the whole town

hated me! I thought it was because of the japanese TOOTHPASTE so I would

brush my teeth for 20 minutes per day to no avail . My host family were assholes

about it and even told me to go live by myself and to go die! They didnt even say

goodbye when I left! The kids at school were awful. I am so depressed what do I

do? ( I am back in america now) I had no idea that tap water could do THAT it

looked and smelled clean . I really love Japan and now I am deppressed all the time

I had no idea that tap water could do THAT it looked and smelled clean .

Plus the host family mistreated me so I have emotional scars because of that

richvh
Posts: 6480
Joined: Thu 09.29.2005 10:35 pm
Contact:

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Post by richvh » Mon 09.29.2008 10:32 am

What do you expect us to do about it? Since you're not there anymore, it's not like there's any advice we could give you to overcome the problem. (And "please help" isn't really an informative thread title.)
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語

kyo_sora_forever
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 11.12.2006 4:51 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kyo_sora_forever » Mon 09.29.2008 10:39 am

richvh wrote:What do you expect us to do about it? Since you're not there anymore, it's not like there's any advice we could give you to overcome the problem. (And "please help" isn't really an informative thread title.)
thanks for being so ......considerate

kyo_sora_forever
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 11.12.2006 4:51 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kyo_sora_forever » Mon 09.29.2008 10:58 am

any one offer any REAL advice on the issue

kyo_sora_forever
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 11.12.2006 4:51 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kyo_sora_forever » Mon 09.29.2008 10:59 am

Hpw should I feel about Japan and Japanese people?

User avatar
two_heads_talking
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 11:03 am
Native language: English

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Post by two_heads_talking » Mon 09.29.2008 11:02 am

kyo_sora_forever wrote:
richvh wrote:What do you expect us to do about it? Since you're not there anymore, it's not like there's any advice we could give you to overcome the problem. (And "please help" isn't really an informative thread title.)
thanks for being so ......considerate
ummm.. What did you expect? it's not like you have posted anything up until this post..

I can tell you one thing. It wasn't the water, nor was it the toothpaste. Perhaps you have a throat infection or some other form of virus.. Did you have it checked out by a doctor? It could very well have been your body reacting to something you had not eaten before. Don't be so quick to blame everyone else. Depression is a choice, not a reaction.

Is the problem recurring while you are back in the US?

kyo_sora_forever
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 11.12.2006 4:51 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kyo_sora_forever » Mon 09.29.2008 11:10 am

No Ive never had a problem like this before in my life! Once I came back to America I used the

toothpaste I used in Japan and I was totally fine! In Japan my breath was so bad that I baegan flossing,

using a tongue scraper till my tongue bled and using listerine for 5 minutes a day after every meal.

I even saw a dentist in Japan and he said my mouth was perfect! and that he didnt smell anything.

However all the kids in school DID smell something and avoided me like the plague!

kyo_sora_forever
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 11.12.2006 4:51 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kyo_sora_forever » Mon 09.29.2008 11:11 am

It just sucks because I really loved Japan :(

richvh
Posts: 6480
Joined: Thu 09.29.2005 10:35 pm
Contact:

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Post by richvh » Mon 09.29.2008 11:23 am

If a dentist couldn't help you, what makes you think a bunch of strangers on the other side of an internet connection could? Really, this is sort of stuff is off topic here, even in the off-topic section. Put it in your blog instead, if you need to vent and are just seeking sympathy. (You can make blogs off the front page.)

If you were still in Japan, I'd suggest using bottled water to brush with and see if it helped.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語

kyo_sora_forever
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 11.12.2006 4:51 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kyo_sora_forever » Mon 09.29.2008 11:24 am

sheesh ...nice attitude

User avatar
becki_kanou
Posts: 3402
Joined: Sat 04.19.2008 10:09 pm
Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語
Gender: Female
Location: Hyogo, Japan
Contact:

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Post by becki_kanou » Mon 09.29.2008 11:30 am

Ask your dentist about tonsilliths or cryptic tonsils. They can cause really intense (and short-lived) bad breath.
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。

kyo_sora_forever
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 11.12.2006 4:51 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kyo_sora_forever » Mon 09.29.2008 11:36 am

becki_kanou wrote:Ask your dentist about tonsilliths or cryptic tonsils. They can cause really intense (and short-lived) bad breath.
thank you :D but unfortunately I didnt have this problem :( I was allergic to the water in Japan. It

sucks because I went to a festival and some girls from school started screaming and running from me :(

kyo_sora_forever
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 11.12.2006 4:51 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kyo_sora_forever » Mon 09.29.2008 11:38 am

my advice is to not trust foriegn tap water and always use bottled when living abroad

User avatar
two_heads_talking
Posts: 4137
Joined: Thu 04.06.2006 11:03 am
Native language: English

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Post by two_heads_talking » Mon 09.29.2008 11:40 am

It might not have been your breath that your friends were referring to.. Depending on your diet, your body omits odors that are unique..

The spices you eat, the meats, dairy etc, all have unique distinct odors. Ever met someone that drinks vodka and milk? they smell like a sour towel and B.O. Perhaps in your case, it was just your body adjusting to the new foods..


And as for what you should think, it's a personal thing. We can't tell you how to think and you shouldn't ask us how you should think. Perhaps your young age is the issue here and you can't handle things as well as someone more mature. Perhaps, you shouldn't worry about any of it..
I was allergic to the water in Japan
so, you shouldn't be blaming the Japanese for their behavior. You now know that in the future bottled water is your only choice.. move on and enjoy..

kyo_sora_forever
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 11.12.2006 4:51 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kyo_sora_forever » Mon 09.29.2008 11:49 am

two_heads_talking wrote:It might not have been your breath that your friends were referring to.. Depending on your diet, your body omits odors that are unique..

The spices you eat, the meats, dairy etc, all have unique distinct odors. Ever met someone that drinks vodka and milk? they smell like a sour towel and B.O. Perhaps in your case, it was just your body adjusting to the new foods..


And as for what you should think, it's a personal thing. We can't tell you how to think and you shouldn't ask us how you should think. Perhaps your young age is the issue here and you can't handle things as well as someone more mature. Perhaps, you shouldn't worry about any of it..
I was allergic to the water in Japan
so, you shouldn't be blaming the Japanese for their behavior. You now know that in the future bottled water is your only choice.. move on and enjoy..


thank you :D

Locked