Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Are Japanese Open Minded to.....

Are Japanese Open Minded to.....

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

RE: Are Japanese Open Minded to.....

Postby mandolin » Thu 10.06.2005 4:42 pm

Spaztick wrote:
As far as the nature thing goes, it'd be simpler to just remove sexual tendancies if there's an overpopulation. However, nature tends to simplify this further: if a place gets too overpopulated animals just stop having offspring all together, not become gay.

Except that humans are an entirely different breed, cognatively. I don't think anyone can claim to know exactly how evolution would evidence itself in humanity, particularly on a global scale.

Overall, my point is.... I think that homosexuality is intended. For whatever reason. Perhaps, once upon a time, something like homosexuality would have to have been considered taboo to ensure the growth of the human race.

In this day and age, I do not see ANY threat to the human race by homosexuality, and so I fail to see how it can be considered a moral issue any longer. To be moral, it has to have some sort of negative implications (not just "I think it's gross", since I think muscular men are gross, but it doesn't make them morally reprehensible). I just don't see it.
mandolin

Postby Hiro » Thu 10.06.2005 5:01 pm

Nicely said, Mandolin-san. lol, I got into this huge fight with my French teacher over same-sex marriage in Canada. She had managed to convince like, half the class (they all must have been borderline retarded), that the legalization of same-sex marriage in Canada would lead to the fall of the Government, much like the fall of Rome. And I was like ... what the Hell is going through your head, lady? lol
Last edited by Hiro on Thu 10.06.2005 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh my God, I love クラビテーツヨン (Gravitation); and if you don\'t love it too, then you\'re crazy! I mean, just look at Shuichi-kun! I could die! I seriously could! [dies]
Hiro

Postby mandolin » Thu 10.06.2005 5:27 pm

Funny how the fall of Rome occurred AFTER they gave up their homosexual preferences and embraced christianity. But I digress...
mandolin

Postby skrhgh3b » Thu 10.06.2005 7:44 pm

mandolin wrote:
Funny how the fall of Rome occurred AFTER they gave up their homosexual preferences and embraced christianity. But I digress...

... so, the only thing that can save the american empire is public orgies. i'm so down with that.
♪夢も見たくない 幸せなんか要らない
恋もしたくない お金なんか要らない
ぼくに必要な眠りを眠らせておくれ♪
skrhgh3b

Postby mandolin » Fri 10.07.2005 1:40 am

Not what I meant, but hey. Sign me up!
mandolin

Postby Spaztick » Fri 10.07.2005 11:03 am

Okay, getting a little out of hand, and I'm seeingit slowly getting to a bad topic, so I'm nipping this in the bud.

Topic = closed
XD At this sig.
Number of people that have: 13
SaiaiKenja
Daisuke
Kodi
dreamingxashley
redfoxer
ben
Elumi
LordDisa
Kates