Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Looking for a Job Opportunity Anywhere In Japan

Looking for a Job Opportunity Anywhere In Japan

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Looking for a Job Opportunity Anywhere In Japan

Postby japen » Mon 11.01.2010 5:41 am

Hello everyone, :bow:

:roll: May i ask? Is there a way to work in japan even if i am a vocational undergraduate of computer technician? i am 23 years old single and to tell the truth i learned just a few of my vocational course because i dropped out in school, i don't have a choice but to dropped out cause i don't have enough money to paid my tuition so now i'm looking for a job opportunity in japan, don't you think someone will hired me? i am willing to work in any kinds of fields, even if it is a house painter, a carpenter, garbage collector, waiter, washer or something like that.

But i have some other skills like, i know how to speak a little japanese language i mean just a conversational level because i have a japanese books guide so i think i can communicate with them in a conversational level and i can also read japanese hiragana, katakana and a little kanji character about 30 to 50 character or kaniji words and i also know a little about internet promotion like blogging promotion etc; and i also know about the basic microsoft word like formatting etc;

Now i'm also trying to achieve or study about computer programming language like the c++ and putting it to a compiler. If i will achieve in/finish studying in c++ computer programming language my next goal would be other computer languages like java, programming in c and other computer languages for the meantime since i don't have a job yet.

So i hope someone will read this and sponsor me or help me find a company to work for in japan because i love japan so much, so hope someone will reply... tnx a lot... :bow: :bow: :bow:
Last edited by japen on Tue 11.02.2010 7:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
japen

Native language: NA

Re: Looking for a Job Opportunity in Japan

Postby furrykef » Mon 11.01.2010 8:42 pm

I don't know the answer to your question, but I have to say people will be much more inclined to read your post if you split it into paragraphs and don't overuse bold so much. In fact, in that post, I wouldn't use bold at all.
Founder of Learning Languages Through Video Games.
Also see my lang-8 journal, where you can help me practice Japanese (and Spanish, and Italian!)
furrykef

Native language: Eggo (ワッフル語の方言)

Re: Looking for a Job Opportunity in Japan

Postby japen » Tue 11.02.2010 6:43 am

it's ok and thank you for telling me how to use this forum effectively...i think i will edit this right away...
japen

Re: Looking for a Job Opportunity Anywhere In Japan

Postby richvh » Tue 11.02.2010 12:31 pm

Your chances of getting a work visa as an undergrad are slim to none. You didn't mention what country you're from, but if you're from one that allows a working holiday (I think it's called) visa (America isn't on the list), that's a possibility. Otherwise, if you're a native English speaker, the best chance is getting into the JET program or being employed at an eikaiwa, and those require at least a bachelor's degree or equivalent.

Do a forum search for other threads related to jobs in Japan.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby japen » Tue 11.02.2010 3:08 pm

i'm from the philippines...
japen

Postby richvh » Tue 11.02.2010 4:34 pm

Then your prospects of getting a menial or factory job may be somewhat higher than the average poster here, but you need a work visa sponsor, and you won't find one among the posters here. I don't think your particular circumstances have been discussed here.

I'd do a search on companies recruiting guest workers from the Philippines.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby 血まみれ剣術師 » Sat 11.27.2010 11:45 am

Moving to Japan then getting a job sounds pretty easy… that’s unfortunately not the case. Obtaining a job in Japan isn’t as easy as you might think due to Japan having much tighter immigration laws compared to the United States and other countries. If you are serious about settling down in Japan, then you need to research Japan’s laws first. You’ll also need to become at minimal semi-fluent in Japanese to effectively communicate. Find a specialty school or university that offers Japanese courses. Here are some good websites to visit:

Prime Minister of Japan and His Cabinet The Constitution of Japan
Japan Ministry of Justice Japanese Law Translation
Japan Customs
The Japan Institute for Labour Policy and Training
Immigration Bureau of Japan
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan Visas
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan Embassies and Consulates
血まみれ剣術師

Native language: English

Postby japen » Sat 11.27.2010 7:35 pm

血まみれ剣術師 wrote:Moving to Japan then getting a job sounds pretty easy… that’s unfortunately not the case. Obtaining a job in Japan isn’t as easy as you might think due to Japan having much tighter immigration laws compared to the United States and other countries. If you are serious about settling down in Japan, then you need to research Japan’s laws first. You’ll also need to become at minimal semi-fluent in Japanese to effectively communicate. Find a specialty school or university that offers Japanese courses. Here are some good websites to visit:

Prime Minister of Japan and His Cabinet The Constitution of Japan
Japan Ministry of Justice Japanese Law Translation
Japan Customs
The Japan Institute for Labour Policy and Training
Immigration Bureau of Japan
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan Visas
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan Embassies and Consulates

Good day Sir,

Well, thanks for the good advice, guess your right japan immigration is now tightening however im still want to go there someday, if i have enough money to apply for a student visa. Presently, Im doing a job search in the internet. i've started to find a vacant job abroad other than japan, like australia im still looking for a position that i can handle well, a job that suits my educational background or skills that i have, a factory worker, a waiter or service crew, typing, data entry, etc. If you know about a website that hires foreigner could you kindly send it 2 me because i will apply to their company. Again thank you very much sir....have a nice day
japen

Postby tamara77 » Fri 03.29.2013 1:47 am

hi everyone,
in addition to this post, i'd like to ask which schools in Japan (any city) give Japanese course for foreigners and provide good program and dont cost expensive.
Thanks.
tamara77

Native language: english

Postby Shiroisan » Sat 03.30.2013 4:09 am

I would not recommend the JET program unless you don't give a crap where in Japan you'll end up. And if you don't give a crap where you are in Japan then I would question your interest in Japan in the first place :think:

I mean, if you have no specific interests then why go? If you just want to talk with real Japanese people in Japanese there are community centers in practically every developed city in the world...
Shiroisan

Native language: Eigo

Postby baskerville » Fri 08.23.2013 12:38 pm

I tried to get into the JET programme before but apparently, they are no longer recruiting from my country :(
...And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...
baskerville

Native language: English

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan