Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - i wanna live in japan. what do i need to know ?

i wanna live in japan. what do i need to know ?

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

i wanna live in japan. what do i need to know ?

Postby wajdi » Mon 12.06.2010 10:57 am

Hello everyone

I wish to work and live in japan, i mean it's my dream.

So...here is some info about me :i am 23. i have a diploma in Economics , and speak 4 languages ( well 3.5 Japanese being the last half) English French Arabic and hopefully Japanese.i never worked before (well..i just graduated) and i guess that is all there is to know about me... also unless things changed, we don't need visa to go to Japan since i am Tunisian (from Tunisia) i think we are unique or something. i see my self doing something like communicating with other subsidiaries around the world of some company using my awesome linguistic skills 8) .
So i wonder you guys could help making the plan that would help me make my dream come true.
wajdi

Native language: arabic

Re: i wanna live in japan. what do i need to know ?

Postby chikara » Mon 12.06.2010 7:04 pm

TJPへようこそ  :)

wajdi wrote:...... we don't need visa to go to Japan since i am Tunisian (from Tunisia) i think we are unique or something. .......

You do not need a visa to visit Japan as a tourist or on business for up to 3 months. Tunisia is one of 61 countries whose citizens can enter Japan under the Visa Waiver Program so you're not unique. :)

However, I don't believe there are any foreigners that can work in Japan without a working visa.
Last edited by chikara on Tue 12.07.2010 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby wajdi » Tue 12.07.2010 5:42 pm

oh that is disappointing :( ... i mean i thought no visa = do whatever you want, silly me.
so any way, since i happen to be an ignorant, how do i look for info on the subject ?
wajdi

Postby chikara » Tue 12.07.2010 6:28 pm

wajdi wrote:....... how do i look for info on the subject ?

Japan Working Visa :ninja:
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby AJBryant » Tue 12.07.2010 9:11 pm

ahlen wa sahlen, ya saddiqi!

Good luck on the Japan thing. It's a great place.

Tony
(Darastu al-loghat al-Arabiyya fil'Yabaan)
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Postby wajdi » Thu 12.09.2010 6:17 am

lool. thank you chikara san, i kinda expected something like japan for dummies :sweatdrop: .

thank you too AJBryant, looks like you had an awesome sensei.

so just so i know what is waiting, for me is going there gonna be a challenge ?
wajdi

Postby Karpenko » Mon 02.20.2012 4:18 am

Well you are just like me. Since I was a little kid I've been interested in Japan.
And last year I finally got a chance to visit and it was great!

Now I'm determined to live at least a couple of years in Japan. But as you probably now, it's difficult to get a Visa in Japan.
Well I've been working on something that will make it possible for me to live in Japan in a couple of years.

But hey tell me more about yourself. Maybe I can help you.
Last edited by Karpenko on Thu 01.10.2013 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Karpenko

Native language: english

Postby SomeCallMeChris » Mon 02.20.2012 10:18 am

The post you just replied to is over two years old... I think that conversation is over.
SomeCallMeChris

Postby furrykef » Tue 02.21.2012 12:10 am

One year old. The end of 2010 is close to the beginning of 2011. ;)
Founder of Learning Languages Through Video Games.
Also see my lang-8 journal, where you can help me practice Japanese (and Spanish, and Italian!)
furrykef

Native language: Eggo (ワッフル語の方言)

Postby tobi1887 » Wed 02.22.2012 1:12 am

ive looked for so long for a web site to help me learn Japanese n i cant find one this site does not help at all these sites only teach u the japanese terms they dont translate them so i can only say stuff like so n chi but i have no idea what i am saying their is no way n the world to know how to speak japanese without english translation u will never know what you are saying you are just going to be reading garbage saying the vowels out to ur self out loud not even understanding what ur saying i always wanted to know how to speak this god forbidden language but now i quit if i can find a legit site that will actually teach well ill try but for now this site sucks n no one should ever learn anything from here ever
tobi1887

Postby SomeCallMeChris » Wed 02.22.2012 1:37 am

If you're too lazy to learn the kana which are the sounds from which Japanese words are made and make up the first lessons on every learning site and in every beginner's book on Japanese, or else too blind to find that there are lessons that come after learning the kana and basic pronunciations... then, yes, it's a good idea for someone that incompetent to give up on the language now since you won't succeed anyway.

It doesn't even have anything to do with the topic you posted in.

Actually, I don't think you care anything about Japanese, you're probably just randomly trolling the first forum you came across.
SomeCallMeChris

Postby furrykef » Wed 02.22.2012 8:20 am

tobi1887 wrote:ive looked for so long for a web site to help me learn Japanese n i cant find one this site does not help at all these sites only teach u the japanese terms they dont translate them so i can only say stuff like so n chi but i have no idea what i am saying their is no way n the world to know how to speak japanese without english translation u will never know what you are saying you are just going to be reading garbage saying the vowels out to ur self out loud not even understanding what ur saying i always wanted to know how to speak this god forbidden language but now i quit if i can find a legit site that will actually teach well ill try but for now this site sucks n no one should ever learn anything from here ever

Before learning Japanese I would first recommend learning English.
Founder of Learning Languages Through Video Games.
Also see my lang-8 journal, where you can help me practice Japanese (and Spanish, and Italian!)
furrykef

Native language: Eggo (ワッフル語の方言)

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan