Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Finding an apartment in Tokyo (Minato-ku)

Finding an apartment in Tokyo (Minato-ku)

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

RE: Finding an apartment in Tokyo (Minato-ku)

Postby Tesu » Thu 11.30.2006 11:15 am

Okay, well I did the interview and got the job! Signed the contract on the day and the deed is done. Have a few weeks now to find somewhere!

I have about 10 days off between starting that job and finishing my current one though. I'm wondering whether I should not look for anywhere until I get there, stay in a guest house somewhere, and start looking like crazy after that.

My plans are still the same though really. I don't want to have to spend much more than 80,000, but I don't really want to have to take longer than 30 minutes to get to work each day either. The job is near Roppongi station, though. Is this possible? =/
Tesu

Postby spin13 » Thu 11.30.2006 1:08 pm

Tes wrote:

My plans are still the same though really. I don't want to have to spend much more than 80,000, but I don't really want to have to take longer than 30 minutes to get to work each day either. The job is near Roppongi station, though. Is this possible? =/

It is possible.

I pay 80,000JPY per month and would have a 5 minute walk and a 22 minute, 1 transfer morning commute to Roppongi station. If you want to know more details, please PM me. I cannot help you find an apartment but I can tell you more about my own situation if you so desire.

Matsumoto_hideto wrote:

Im with you on that one. Honestly you have to be a pretty pathetic excuse of a human being to move to a foriegn country and depend on your spouse to do everything for you.

You put too much faith in the human race. But don't worry, Mom's going to fix it all soon. Mom's coming around to put back the way it ought to be. Learn to swim.

Sincerely, your earthquake loving friend,
-Eric
You're probably not as smart as you think.
Unskilled and Unaware
spin13

Native language: English

Postby Matsumoto_hideto » Fri 12.01.2006 12:15 am

Tesu wrote:

There is no way in a million years you came to Japan with no previous knowledge and are closing in on 2kyuu after 3 months. Unless your going to tell me you take 8 hours of language lessons a day and do nothing else with your time, maybe that I could believe. Right now, having to work a full time job makes that kind of progress impossible.

So yes, I call BS on that one.

Incidentally, this "you WILL have a bad experience" is utter crap too. I'm having a great experience now even with my pathetically slow rate of improvement ;) Likewise I know tons of people here who can hardly say anything yet are having a great time.

Is Matsumoto_hideto a troll I was too slow to pick up on?

Well first of all you are assuming I didnt have any lessons which was an assumption because I never stated anything. Before I came I did lots of independant study which helped me get to where I am today.

and yes I do get 8 hour lessons because I go to a Japanese Highschool for 8 hours a day.

and I think its very rude of you to insult trolls like that.
自由た〜!!!
All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.
Matsumoto_hideto

Previous

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan