Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 夜警

夜警

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

RE: 夜警

Postby keatonatron » Wed 01.17.2007 11:37 pm

Oyaji wrote:
The members of the 老人クラブ(senior citizens' club) go on actual patrols, and the rest of us just keep an eye out for

...lost members of the 老人クラブ.
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby Oyaji » Thu 01.18.2007 5:31 am

keatonatron wrote:
Oyaji wrote:
The members of the 老人クラブ(senior citizens' club) go on actual patrols, and the rest of us just keep an eye out for

...lost members of the 老人クラブ.

That has happened.
Oyaji

Postby wd90 » Thu 01.18.2007 6:03 am

Mike Cash wrote:
bikki wrote:

In my impression, Japanese will try their very best to take care of everyone nearby and not to offend anyone else.

And in my personal experience the only time Japanese will go out of their way for a person in dire need of assistance is to go out of their way to go around rather than stepping over the person. There have been several times I have watched this happen, while I would be the one to stop and render help. And I'm not talking about giving directions type help. I'm talking situations that required police/ambulance intervention.

This is quite true. One time when was on the train, I saw an old woman fall right in the middle of the door as everyone was getting out. I felt bad, because there were so many people there that there was no way for me to go help, but was relieved when I saw somebody stoop down to help her. But then I was disgusted when I realized that he had actually stooped down so he could literally push her out of the way of everybody else getting off the train. He didn't stop to help her after that.
wd90

Previous

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan