Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 何はそれですか

何はそれですか

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

RE: 何はそれですか

Postby Gan » Thu 02.22.2007 3:02 pm

How would you make one of these things? lol... just wondering like if i wanted to have a website and scan it, how would i go about that. i dunno why i would wanna i just want know how.. :o
Gan

Native language: English

Postby Infidel » Thu 02.22.2007 3:44 pm

These things are way old news. Way back in the day when if you wanted a computer game for your computer, you'd buy a computer magazine and compile the script. Computer magazines used to have the entire program written out in a few pages. Then these came out and there would be this barcode on one of the pages that people could just scan the program instead of typing it by hand.

Then I guess the price of floppies plummeted, not too long later, these magazines just started throwing floppies with the script already compiled in with the magazine and the bar codes became superflous and dissapeared.

When US millitary IDs started gettting printed with these stamped on the back, I thought that the inventors of the barcode must have been lobbying it pretty hard, and they finally found paydirt. Best way to get rich is to convince the goverment to buy your stuff. Your set for life because the government is the strongest inertial force in the universe.
Last edited by Infidel on Thu 02.22.2007 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby Gan » Thu 02.22.2007 4:37 pm

I never saw any of those in Virgina in my whole 19 years and couple months of life!! But maybe that is because I am ONLY 19.. Too old still.
Gan

Postby Infidel » Thu 02.22.2007 4:41 pm

Don't even try to make me feel old. I'm a bigger kid than you'll ever be.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby Gan » Thu 02.22.2007 4:51 pm

19 to me is like in the quadrillions... if that is a word. I HATE AGING!!.. I want a time machine..
Gan

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 02.22.2007 5:19 pm

theshadowtaker wrote:
I never saw any of those in Virgina in my whole 19 years and couple months of life!! But maybe that is because I am ONLY 19.. Too old still.

well your 19 years of limited living might have only been in a small area, to think some people wouldn't know about the next city, state or country if they were never told about it in school..

If you aren't looking specifically for them, would you recognize them? probably not.
two_heads_talking

Postby Gan » Thu 02.22.2007 5:56 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:
theshadowtaker wrote:

well your 19 years of limited living might have only been in a small area, to think some people wouldn't know about the next city, state or country if they were never told about it in school..

If you aren't looking specifically for them, would you recognize them? probably not.

Yeah, probally not but I am becoming an very objective person for some reason that is unknown to me. I start to notice and regonize things and take in more of the "whole picture" more now than I use to. I don't know what it is. I mean, just alot of stuff seems interesting to me where as it was not before..
Gan

Postby Harisenbon » Thu 02.22.2007 8:18 pm

The company I work for makes QR code based movies for 年賀状 and other events.

http://www.n-exit.com/mobile-movie/

There's even a cute little flash movie that shows how to use the QR codes with a cellphone.
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Previous

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan