Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Security rules at International Airports change from March.

Security rules at International Airports change from March.

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Security rules at International Airports change from March.

Postby coco » Fri 02.23.2007 1:05 am

We are not able to carry any liquid if it is over 100ml.
It happens not only in Japan, but also in members of ICAO, 国土交通省 announced some following rules for departing from Japan.
you can seeit on this page in Japanese and in English.

アメリカの航空会社をご利用の方にとっては手荷物の液体持ち込み制限は常識かもしれませんが、航空会社にかかわらず規制されるのは初めてですので念のためお知らせします。
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

RE: Security rules at International Airports change from Mar

Postby zengargoyle » Fri 02.23.2007 2:26 am

old news in U.S. :( you can only take ~3 fluid ounces (~89ml) of liquid in ~1liter bag on plane. stupid. the terrorists have won.

i used to fly up and down California almost every month, now i drive because of the stupidity involved in flying.... :(

f***ing Bush and the Republican Moral Majority have screwed the whole world up. don't even get me started on the NSA spying and illegal wiretaps on internet communication... it's a sad sad world that the majority has sentenced us to live in.

/me just a bit bitter.
zengargoyle

Postby hyperconjugated » Fri 02.23.2007 6:03 am

I remember watching newspiece about
the new regulations for airtravellers. One
person had to leave his half-full toothpaste
tube behind because the volume of full tube
would just exceed the regulations.
Irgendwann fällt jede Mauer
hyperconjugated

Native language: Finnish

Postby keatonatron » Fri 02.23.2007 8:10 am

In American airports you can take a bottle of water on the plane if you purchased it within the security checkpoint at the airport. However, Japan is more strict and you can't take ANYTHING with you if you're leaving from Narita.

But my throat gets so dry!
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby coco » Fri 02.23.2007 8:28 am

阜サ迫ヘがないもので、英文に誇張阜サがあり失礼いたしました。
実際は、手荷物検査所通過後の待合所(「クリーンエリア」というらしい)で購入した飲み物は持ち込み可です。医薬品と子どもの飲むミルクも規制対象外。詳細は上記リンクをご参照ください。
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Postby tanuki » Fri 02.23.2007 10:04 am

Wow, and why is that? Have there been terrorist attacks in Japan lately?
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby LordOfTheFlies » Fri 02.23.2007 10:26 am

zengargoyle wrote:
f***ing Bush and the Republican Moral Majority have screwed the whole world up. don't even get me started on the NSA spying and illegal wiretaps on internet communication... it's a sad sad world that the majority has sentenced us to live in.

I'm not going to say I support George Bush... But I have to object and say that he has nothing to do with this. The reason you're only allowed to carry a small ammount of liquid and have to keep it in transparent plastic bags is because of a planned terrorist attack by british muslims.

The thing was that they were going to bring liquid chemicals in plastic bottles that would detonate when mixed. They were going to mix them in a lavatory. And believe me, you can't tell the difference between a bottle with chemicals and a bottle with whatever drink it may be by using the x-ray thingy they use. So I think it's a good safety precaution.

Tanuki: I found an article on the drop down BBC news list that firefox has about an explosion carried out by terrorists in Japan a while ago. So I wouldn't say it's such a bad thing to do in Japan either after all.
LordOfTheFlies

Native language: Swedish

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 02.23.2007 4:41 pm

zengargoyle wrote:

/me just a bit bitter.

being bitter is one thing. stereotypical finger pointing is another. as a moderator, I would have you would ahve known better than posting up this stuff..

nuff said..
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby richvh » Fri 02.23.2007 4:52 pm

A Japanese leftist group has claimed responsibility for the recent rocket attack on Camp Zama. Japanese leftists have done this sort of thing before, so I'm inclined to believe the claim.

Let's try to refrain from expressing our personal political opinions, hmm? This isn't the forum for it.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby zengargoyle » Sat 02.24.2007 4:25 am

i *really* want to bring the smackdown, but i will desist. the rest of the world continues to despise the U.S. and i can't blame them, we deserve it. the "land of the free" has turned into the thing we despised twenty years ago, and if you haven't noticed... that's just what they want.
zengargoyle

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan