Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Class Assisnment about going to Japan

Class Assisnment about going to Japan

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Class Assisnment about going to Japan

Postby afifa1989 » Thu 03.22.2007 2:49 pm

I have an assignment in my Japanese class, the assignment is we have $3000 (American) and we have to plan a two week trip to Japan complete with an itinerary, flight, hotel, and places to sight see. So what are good places to visit in Japan and what are cheap flights and hotel deals. In Japan I think I want to go to Tokyo Dome, Tokyo Tower, Tokyo Disney, a beach, a shrine, a manzai in osaka, watch a sumo match, Kabuki, Noh and Bunraku, a Kokyo Gaien, Tokyo’s Imperial Palace, and go to good shopping district. Any suggestions on where to go, what to do how to get from Phoenix to Japan for cheap, and from the hotel to the location, is appreciated.

Thank you in advanced
Last edited by afifa1989 on Thu 03.22.2007 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
afifa1989

RE: Class Assisnment about going to Japan

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 03.22.2007 4:05 pm

It seems you are supposed to plan the interary. Meaning you should put the emphasis on what you like. I would suggest looking at air flights and see what is cheap.. Maybe do a search for tickets from phoenix to japan and comparing prices.. ' You have some good ideas in your comments there. Do some research and see what appeals to you..

We really don't want to do your homework (class assignment) for you ;)
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby afifa1989 » Fri 03.23.2007 1:34 am

I am doing research but I want opions in it like whats the best beach, best place to shop, is going to the places I mentioned worth it. Like Tokyo Disney I heard a side say its good and a side say that the one in America is better or like I heard people say that going to Tokyo Tower and the Wax museum is not worth it at all, I want to know the ends and outs of things.
afifa1989

Postby hiwa » Fri 03.23.2007 4:24 am

> one in America is better
That's right. Tokyo Disney is a worthless place for American.

> Tokyo Tower and the Wax museum is not worth it at all
That is also true.

Have your own 'theme' and select the places to visit accordingly.
hiwa

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 03.23.2007 10:21 am

afifa1989 wrote:
I am doing research but I want opions in it like whats the best beach, best place to shop, is going to the places I mentioned worth it. Like Tokyo Disney I heard a side say its good and a side say that the one in America is better or like I heard people say that going to Tokyo Tower and the Wax museum is not worth it at all, I want to know the ends and outs of things.

First of all, opinions are as you stated.. some will say one thing.. others will say another. Research is where you look up the info, find out all you can about it, and then discuss the (ends and outs...nope that's not correct) ins and outs of what you have researched. Since we don't know what you are about, what your likes and interests are, we couldn't make a suggestion to help you currently.

See, what I see here, and I could be wrong, is someone asking for places, then you will go research those places.. While that's not a horrible idea, it alleviates one responsibility from you, and I for one would rather you accept the full challenge of your assignment and do some general, then some specific and then more specific research..

here's a start.. Look for Japanese Gardens, Temples, Shrines, Festivals, Shrines, look for things that interest you.. then look for those things that you would like to see, then try to plan aroudn those events..

Oosaka, Kobe, Aizuwakamatsu, Kyoto, and Tokyo would be a few of the cities you might want to look up.. anyways, I hope that helps some.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan