Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Living in Tokyo for 4 weeks

Living in Tokyo for 4 weeks

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Living in Tokyo for 4 weeks

Postby Homer » Fri 03.23.2007 6:57 pm

Hi everyone,

I will live with a homestay family in Tokyo for 4 weeks this summer, while attending Japanese lessons at a school. My main purpose with attending this program, is mainly to get involved with the daily life of a Japanese family and get more familiar with Japanese as im really interested in the language. As im still only 17 years old, my parents also recommended it to me..

Anyone who has experience with staying at a homestay family ? Or attending a program that is comparable to mine ? I would love to hear some stories..
Homer

RE: Living in Tokyo for 4 weeks

Postby Mike Cash » Sun 03.25.2007 6:37 am

What? And ruin the surprise?
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Native language: English

Postby VivaLaBang » Mon 03.26.2007 12:38 pm

Homer wrote:
Hi everyone,

I will live with a homestay family in Tokyo for 4 weeks this summer, while attending Japanese lessons at a school. My main purpose with attending this program, is mainly to get involved with the daily life of a Japanese family and get more familiar with Japanese as im really interested in the language. As im still only 17 years old, my parents also recommended it to me..

Anyone who has experience with staying at a homestay family ? Or attending a program that is comparable to mine ? I would love to hear some stories..

Lucky you!! this summer (hopefully) I will be apart of an international youth group that goes to japan for a couple of weeks......best luck to you!! :D
VivaLaBang

Postby hiraikotsu » Tue 03.27.2007 2:39 am

Is there some form of exchange program you apply to to get these homestays? Or are homestays only for students?
hiraikotsu

Postby sungie » Sun 04.08.2007 12:17 pm

hey homer..i'm doing a japan homestay for 4 weeks also! @_@ i'm a little nervous too, because i've gotten some mixed reviews about it. but from what i've heard, basically, it depends on the family you stay with. i know some people who just couldn't get along with their host families, and others who became best friends with them. it's hard to say how it'll turn out before you actually meet the family you'll be staying with.
sungie

Postby JadeFire19 » Fri 04.20.2007 9:55 pm

I'm going too this summer! But for six weeks, not four. I'm definitely excited, but at the same time, incredibly nervous. I really don't know what to expect either. Best of luck to you!
JadeFire19

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan