TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
clay
Site Admin

RE: Is it true that...

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 03.27.2007 12:26 pm

keatonatron wrote:
two_heads_talking wrote:
is that something specific with Japan? I know when our shipments are on time, we get bonuses, so people take note of it either way..

Every time you walk into the grocery store, do you think "Whew, the milk, eggs, and orange juice made it in last night! I should find out who the delivery driver is and thank him for a job well done!"?

no when i walk into the grocery store, i do my shopping, pay my money and leave.. I don't care if, when, who or what delivered..

my original point is still valid and it did not invalidate your point either.. I jsut asked a question that you decided to side step...

but hey, let me just point out as well that grocery stores are a small part of the trucking/shipping industry. I was speaking of a much larger thing than just the local grocery store.
Last edited by two_heads_talking on Tue 03.27.2007 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby Mike Cash » Tue 03.27.2007 1:38 pm

But either way, some poor slob's efforts at 4 in the morning go unnoticed.

Not saying that he should be met with cheerleaders and a brass band, or that you should notice at all. Just stating facts.
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 03.27.2007 3:11 pm

usually that is the case. the vast majority of what goes on behind the curtains is lost to the average person. At least the company you work for should notice.. Even if no one else does.. (that is actually why I pointed out the fact that in our business.. architectural precast, early delivery and early completion of the contract is rewarded with a bonus. except in this case the production workers, the one who actually do 90% of the work go unoticed by the majority and get bonuses from our company based on square footage produced and shipped.
two_heads_talking

Previous

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan