Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Is english important?

Is english important?

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

RE: Is english important?

Postby lalaith » Tue 05.29.2007 9:51 pm

I've seen other forums that restricted where/how someone with a low post count can post. It might be they can only start threads in a "New Member" section or their posts have to go through a moderator for approval before they show up on the forum.

Not recommending any of this, just saying what I've seen.

And apologies to melissachan -- your thread has been well and truly hijacked. However, I honestly think that other thread I linked in my first reply to you will answer most of your questions about teaching English in Japan.
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to help
(")_(") him gain world domination.
lalaith

Postby john2 » Thu 05.31.2007 5:53 pm

it could make sense to instead have such a forum that baisicly, is that people just have to be invited by email adress, out of being reasonable there would be a limit and an encryment, and it would be done on quite a simple baises, so many days since the frist time active on the site, or affter the previous ban, so if you get ban, you need to wait a sertian time, i would guess two months. it would be encripmetnal about 1 more person your alowed to rejister every week, and there is a maximum of the total number of invites, not to meniton there woudl be a maximum numberr of invites you can give out in a year.
it would be ideal if
the
somethingsomething beffore the @somethingsomething.somethingsometihng
where soemthing something would stand for pretty much anything,
has to be different to all the other acounts, but fr that, you could do it so that if you put in where three of thsoe emails in a row, it would simpyl be sent to the first and email were you have to send.

thou I think there is no sign its acutally necisary,
Most people who just try to anoy othe pople will just shut up affter a while! if ignored!
EDIT: i was going with the flow of conversation,
I dont disaprove of anything on that note these mesurments of tiem are under the asumption that you are working un an unconfusiable oncrashible system anyway. if not then i geuss youd just have to go with a more manual system.
PS:this new topic is more interesting,
Last edited by john2 on Thu 05.31.2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john2

Postby lalaith » Thu 05.31.2007 6:04 pm

John2, what happened to using a spellchecker? That message is next to unreadable. In fact, I had to read some parts of it several times before I could figure them out. Goodness knows if some of the non-English speakers will even be able to read it.
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to help
(")_(") him gain world domination.
lalaith

Postby Ongakuka » Thu 05.31.2007 6:20 pm

Lucky the OPs question was answered immediately and efficiently, because this topic's been hacked to shreds by that freelance spammer.

As far as I can tell, English is only used in Japan primarily for business purposes and stylish youth culture (i.e manga, pop songs etc..) although the latter is usually just broken, incomprehendable phrases which sound cool.
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 06.01.2007 9:38 am

lalaith wrote:
John2, what happened to using a spellchecker? That message is next to unreadable. In fact, I had to read some parts of it several times before I could figure them out. Goodness knows if some of the non-English speakers will even be able to read it.

that's john2 speak.. he can't spell. he can't write. and his train of thought is so garbled that even he can't understand himself. There were so many vagaries in that his post that it was basically alot of air with some substance.. kinda like cotton candy.. all air and some sugar.. and all you get from it is sticky fingers.
Last edited by two_heads_talking on Fri 06.01.2007 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby Mike Cash » Fri 06.01.2007 9:48 am

john2 wrote:
it could make sense to instead have such a forum that baisicly, is that people just have to be invited by email adress, out of being reasonable there would be a limit and an encryment, and it would be done on quite a simple baises, so many days since the frist time active on the site, or affter the previous ban, so if you get ban, you need to wait a sertian time, i would guess two months. it would be encripmetnal about 1 more person your alowed to rejister every week, and there is a maximum of the total number of invites, not to meniton there woudl be a maximum numberr of invites you can give out in a year.
it would be ideal if
the
somethingsomething beffore the @somethingsomething.somethingsometihng
where soemthing something would stand for pretty much anything,
has to be different to all the other acounts, but fr that, you could do it so that if you put in where three of thsoe emails in a row, it would simpyl be sent to the first and email were you have to send.

thou I think there is no sign its acutally necisary,
Most people who just try to anoy othe pople will just shut up affter a while! if ignored!
EDIT: i was going with the flow of conversation,
I dont disaprove of anything on that note these mesurments of tiem are under the asumption that you are working un an unconfusiable oncrashible system anyway. if not then i geuss youd just have to go with a more manual system.
PS:this new topic is more interesting,

I admire people who, despite handicaps or disabilities or other shortcomings, do their best and still come up short. I despise people who just don't give a damn.

We have seen previously that you are capable of doing better. Do you really expect anyone to read your gibberish? Or to take you seriously?

It is clear that you fall into the "just don't give a damn" category.
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Native language: English

Previous

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan