Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Moving out of your house.

Moving out of your house.

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

RE: Moving out of your house.

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 07.05.2007 10:45 am

sei, it takes two to tango.. the follower is just as guilty as the leader of the dance..

sei wrote:Also, I did not intentionally "upchucked drama all over this forum." I certainly am used to my life and I also know how to take care of myself. I would definitely never resort to an online public forum to talk about my problems. I was merely making a point, that's all.

and when you bring up personal issues on a public forum it is upchucking (vomiting if you will) your personal drama to gain sympathy from others.. That is one of the worst traits you can portray on a forum. leave the drama for your mama.. is a very good rule to live by. Making a point by playing sympathies is not making a point at all.. And yet after all that, you did bring up personal issues.. What do you expect us to do with that info? So, by doing that, you either discredit your point, by being melodramatic about it, or you are being underhanded by playing on our sympathy strings.. do you see contradiction there?
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby sei » Thu 07.05.2007 1:46 pm

I did not "play sympathies", and if I did, like I said, it was unintentionally. Why would I share such information with people I don't know? I at least, like to first have some sort of previous conversation to see how the person is. So leaving the information in an open forum is contradicting that.

If you believe or not, I couldn't really care less. (No offense). On the other hand, I shall say that I mentioned that, actually, insignificant detail, to, how do you say it... cause more shock? To make the point more obvious, I think.

The point was, no teenager is the same, no matter how many studies and how many people you have met. Same with every person, everyone's different, mainly psychologically.

Anyway, it might be better to erase it, so this conversation can end.
Questions? Feel free to ask. :)
sei

Native language: Portuguese

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 07.05.2007 2:24 pm

What you are failing to see, or that I am not properly conveying is that you need not "shock" effect us, but rather just post up the plain unadulterated facts and go from there. And believe me, no one here thinks all teenagers are the same. We do, at least some of us that have more experience on the matter, see very similar traits amongst teenagers..

Call it stereotyping if you must, but there is a reason that one can stereotype.. No person is the same as another, but at the same time, we all do similar things at one time or another. To be honest, there is nothing inherently wrong with this either.
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Previous

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan