Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Kancho, the awful truth

Kancho, the awful truth

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Kancho, the awful truth

Postby ocetalo » Thu 07.05.2007 8:00 pm

What is kancho?
I've heard some terrifying stories on it... It makes me tremble as a japanese earthquake..
and also, how is it that a soooo polite country like Japan lets this to happen?
No hay conocimiento
ocetalo

RE: Kancho, the awful truth

Postby SenescenceReign » Thu 07.05.2007 8:06 pm

Can we add a rule to the forums about mentioning that doing a wiki search on something may or may not be worksafe? I just wiki'd that and I am *so* hoping that I don't get fired for misuse of equipment...
/relurk
SenescenceReign

Postby chikara » Thu 07.05.2007 8:12 pm

I guess you are referring to the slang meaning of かんちょう which is prank where the anal region of another person is poked with index fingers.

Here's a Wikipedia article.
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby Tspoonami » Thu 07.05.2007 8:43 pm

Probably not work safe.

That is one of the funniest things I've seen all day!
Sometimes I think that I'm afraid of thinking, and that scares me.
Tspoonami

Postby ruisu81 » Thu 07.05.2007 10:23 pm

This guy often writes about his adventures in kancho land and his amazing Kancho Sense(TM). Quite possibly the funniest blog I've come across.
Last edited by ruisu81 on Thu 07.05.2007 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ruisu81

Postby Mike Cash » Fri 07.06.2007 8:46 am

官庁
干潮
館長
艦長
間諜
浣腸
官長
管長
潅腸
灌腸

Which one?

Seriously, though.....they don't have enemas in Colombia?
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Native language: English

Postby ocetalo » Mon 07.09.2007 7:03 pm

Bah, we DO have enemas indeed... a kind of enemas you don't want to know about (torture performed by paramilitary or narco, or one night in a colombian jail as La Modelo, and you'll get it; anyway, it also happens in the US).
It's true we know about enemas, but compadre we don't go sticking our fingers in other people's anus. You do that in the US?
Not only it seems too sick to us, but also if you do that to someone (especially to the "wrong person" type) while being here, guess you'll be killed for sure.
And it doesn't make us violent barbarians (there's violence in US, isn't there?)

Thanks for articles on kancho.
Learning about other culture's ugly habits, gets your understanding better.
No hay conocimiento
ocetalo

Postby Mike Cash » Tue 07.10.2007 5:46 am

Interesting. So the enema as a treatment for constipation (for example) doesn't exist in your country? I can certainly understand that if you think "enema" means sticking fingers up butts.
Never underestimate my capacity for pettiness.
Mike Cash

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 07.10.2007 10:34 am

ocetalo wrote:
Bah, we DO have enemas indeed... a kind of enemas you don't want to know about (torture performed by paramilitary or narco, or one night in a colombian jail as La Modelo, and you'll get it; anyway, it also happens in the US).
It's true we know about enemas, but compadre we don't go sticking our fingers in other people's anus. You do that in the US?
Not only it seems too sick to us, but also if you do that to someone (especially to the "wrong person" type) while being here, guess you'll be killed for sure.
And it doesn't make us violent barbarians (there's violence in US, isn't there?)

Thanks for articles on kancho.
Learning about other culture's ugly habits, gets your understanding better.

first of all Mike does not live in the US.. so he won't comment on that.. Second..

OVERREACT MUCH? I mean come on man.. relax.. and no, to answer the original question.. Kancho's aren't a normal process for anyone unless you are a little kid.. and they grab, slap, punch and kick at anything between the legs, whether it dangles or not.. it's one of the things they do as they learn and grow. think back.. what is the first thing most girls do when they hear they can immobilize a boy with a swift kick in the groin? yep.. they try it out..

ok.. no, go drink some coffee, or tea and chill
two_heads_talking

Postby ocetalo » Wed 07.11.2007 6:58 pm

Hey, two_heads. Not that I'm upset nor trying to look so. It's that I'm still trying to process the new data. You know, I still can make it in my mind, so give me time. And now with that your'e telling, situation looks worse. So they not only perform ready kancho on every thing that can move, but also kick, grab, et coetera. Uh, I think I'm not ready to go to Japan yet, or at least I'll be sure to keep ten meters away from little japanese children...
Or maybe I'm making it far bigger than it really is?
No hay conocimiento
ocetalo

Postby keatonatron » Thu 07.12.2007 9:17 am

ocetalo wrote:
Or maybe I'm making it far bigger than it really is?

Yes.

Very much so.

I've been here 4 years, met plenty of children and have not once seen any kancho-activities. You have nothing to fear.

Of course, if you seriously expected to step off the plane in Narita and suddenly be chased around the airport by little children attempting to probe your anus, maybe you still shouldn't plan on coming.
keatonatron

Postby Infidel » Thu 07.12.2007 9:18 am

Of course, if you seriously expected to step off the plane in Narita and suddenly be chased around the airport by little children attempting to probe your anus, maybe you still shouldn't plan on coming.

QFT!

rofl. :D :D :D
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan