Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Kabuki Theatres.

Kabuki Theatres.

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Kabuki Theatres.

Postby Hatori » Mon 07.09.2007 1:59 am

Hello. I was just wondering if anybody has been to a kabuki theatre. It sounds pretty interesting but in a way sort of weird. I'm not into my historical things unless it's practically ancient, but I was just wondering if you've been to one and if you'd like to share anything cool or interesting about it.
What I've heard about it is that people shout the characters' names out loud sometimes... Talk about being rude. ;) :p
Plus, don't you have to have some sort of tie or connection (along with having the SKILLS) to be an actor in kabuki?

Thanks for reading!
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

RE: Kabuki Theatres.

Postby keatonatron » Mon 07.09.2007 7:48 am

Traditionally, Kabuki acting is a family profession. If your father was a kabuki actor, you will be too.

And people shout the names of their favorite actors when they first appear on stage. I was surprised the first time I witnessed it... I thought the guy behind me had Tourette's or something!
keatonatron

Postby Hatori » Mon 07.09.2007 6:03 pm

keatonatron wrote:
Traditionally, Kabuki acting is a family profession. If your father was a kabuki actor, you will be too.

And people shout the names of their favorite actors when they first appear on stage. I was surprised the first time I witnessed it... I thought the guy behind me had Tourette's or something!

Yeah, that's what I heard. It would be hard if I marched up to some guy saying I want to be an actress in kabuki unless I had a family tie in acting for kabuki.

As for shouting... I'm one of those loud people in the threatres. LOL I say funny things in the middle of movies and I make the whole room roar with laughter. I also say stuff about actors at the end of the movies. Like at the end of Pirates2+3 I said," I LOVE YOU JOHNNY DEPP!!" very loudly.
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby AJBryant » Mon 07.09.2007 6:13 pm

Hatori wrote:
It would be hard if I marched up to some guy saying I want to be an actress in kabuki unless I had a family tie in acting for kabuki.

Hard? It would be impossible.

As for shouting... I'm one of those loud people in the threatres. LOL I say funny things in the middle of movies and I make the whole room roar with laughter. I also say stuff about actors at the end of the movies. Like at the end of Pirates2+3 I said," I LOVE YOU JOHNNY DEPP!!" very loudly.

I would bust a cap in your skull if you did that in a theater when I was present. If you want to act like an idiot, kindly rent the DVD and watch it in your living room.

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Postby Hatori » Mon 07.09.2007 6:21 pm

AJBryant wrote:
I would bust a cap in your skull if you did that in a theater when I was present. If you want to act like an idiot, kindly rent the DVD and watch it in your living room.

Even when I'm watching movies in my living room I'm loud. :o
It's bad enough that I talk during movies, but you should see me when I play on my lovely PS2. You'd think I'm having a seizure or something.
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby keatonatron » Tue 07.10.2007 9:31 am

Every day I thank God for the vast distance offered by the internet. If I had to venture out and meet you in person before I could know what type of person you are, it would already be too late to stop my brain from exploding ;)
keatonatron

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 07.10.2007 10:39 am

Hatori wrote:

why? enjoy the move, let others enjoy the movie and leave the shock atmosphere at home. back in teh day, we had squirtguns and plastic bbguns for meatheads that had to spoil movies.. always fun to watch a loudmouth get quiet when they get popped in the ear for their remarks..
two_heads_talking

Postby tanuki » Tue 07.10.2007 11:13 am

Tony wrote:
I would bust a cap in your skull if you did that in a theater when I was present.

I would love to see that.

Hatori wrote:
Even when I'm watching movies in my living room I'm loud.

Be as loud as you want, in your living room.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby Hatori » Tue 07.10.2007 3:45 pm

tanuki wrote:
Tony wrote:
I would bust a cap in your skull if you did that in a theater when I was present.

I would love to see that.

Hatori wrote:
Even when I'm watching movies in my living room I'm loud.

Be as loud as you want, in your living room.

I just love myself being infamous for certain things I do.
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 07.10.2007 3:55 pm

let's hope you don't meet the one person who is infamouse for doing certain things too..... like making you take a dirt nap, or cutting your face off to wear over theirs.. or who likes fava beans and a nice chianti.. (being infamous is not something someone should strive for.
two_heads_talking

Postby Hatori » Tue 07.10.2007 4:01 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:being infamous is not something someone should strive for.

Haha. You should've said that to me when I was in 5th and 6th grade when I used to go on TheSims1 website.

But I don't do stupid things on forums online like I used to when I was bored. Stuff like the electric tuba just make me crack up about what I used to do... :D Good ole times.
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan