Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - What attracts Japanese woman

What attracts Japanese woman

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

RE: What attracts Japanese woman

Postby Harisenbon » Fri 08.03.2007 8:44 pm

Kenitai wrote:
Aren't they just like the same as our western females? Except that they can be very shy in terms of embarrased situations, I suppose. I can't imagine that all Japanese girls want something a western girl doesn't want, girls are girls and no aliens. But I could be wrong, maybe. :)

*sigh* This has been beaten to death over and over again, but for some reason I can't tear myself away from responding (I blame lack of coffee and being half asleep).

People are people. As for what people individually like and whatnot, it all depends on the person.

As for Japanese women being the same as Western women, I think that's a gross over-generalization. While people are just people, Japanese people are raised in a Japanese culture, and thus possess Japanese expectations about what their relationship should be like. Likeways, Americans have American expectations on relationships, and Spaniards have Spanish expectations, etc.

For example. The kiss on the cheek is a standard greeting between men and women in most western countries. In some cultures, it's even on the mouth. Try that in Japan and see how your SO reacts. :D
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby stevie » Fri 08.03.2007 9:07 pm

There is way too much generalisation when it comes to relationships, period. The whole "men don't understand women" thing (and vice versa) is a myth to me. I suppose the mistake is in trying to simultaneously understand what the entire adult male/female population of earth 'want', and then measuring it against your own success/failure in relationships with individual people - trying to fit individuals into stereotypes that just don't apply to them at all, or if they do apply it's only a small part of a much bigger picture.

In reality all you ever really have to do is be a fun person to hang out with, be confident, and believe in yourself. Smile and make eye contact, talk about things that interest and excite whoever it is you're trying to attract (usually this doesn't involve talking about work, funnily enough). Every man and woman on earth is different (and that's where all the fun is of course), but I think these traits are certainly going to help more often than hinder you to get a relationship started. I think if you're talkin' about dating people from other countries or places with a different culture to yours, it pays both sides to have an open and accepting mind as well.
stevie

Postby ss » Fri 08.03.2007 11:52 pm

Harisenbon-san wrote:
Try that in Japan and see how your SO reacts. :D

Stevie-san wrote:
.... it pays both sides to have an open and accepting mind as well.

I have the feeling, "it pays both sides to have an open and accepting mind as well." = "Try that in Japan and see how your SO reacts. :D"

*Ah-hem* especially like this part. Jealousy, some way can be sweet ..... (Maybe I have to ask Coco-san though :D :D)

Men and women have the potential to get jealous for a multitude of reasons. They might have low self-esteem, unhappy events in the past, have been rejected or feel insecure about their relationships.

To me, sometimes, having a small amount of jealousy in a more serious relationship is perfectly normal. Perhaps, it might also a good thing because it shows that deep emotions are tied to this relationship.

However, be confident and just be yourself are simply cool! Relax with friends who care about the same things you think are important. Maintaining these bonds gives you the strength to carry on by yourself.
ss

Native language: English speaking family

Postby stevie » Sat 08.04.2007 5:25 am

Haha, I think you're right, a little jealousy is perfectly normal. Though usually I notice girls can get away with it more than guys. I guess it shows insecurity in guys and I don't think any woman likes that (it just varies how much they can accept it). Whereas if a girl feels insecure and jealous a guy doesn't mind so much, as long as it's not constant. I guess that's always been my experience anyway.

My closest friend in Japan always gets a hug and a kiss on the cheek when we meet, and it drives my girlfriend nuts... it's really quite cute though! though next time we meet, that friend's boyfriend will be around... his reaction might not be quite as cute, huh.
stevie

Postby two_heads_talking » Mon 08.06.2007 11:39 am

Tony!! where's that damn horse flogging emoticon? this thread needs it badly.. I mean comeon, beating a dead horse is one thing, what we are doing is turning the damned thing into tartar..
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby Infidel » Mon 08.06.2007 11:46 am

Last edited by Infidel on Mon 08.06.2007 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby two_heads_talking » Mon 08.06.2007 1:35 pm

IT'S NOT TONY, BUT THAT WILL DO..
two_heads_talking

Postby lemonaid » Mon 08.06.2007 2:09 pm

Tata, tartar...

Poor horse.
Last edited by lemonaid on Mon 08.06.2007 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Served best arctic
lemonaid

Postby Gan » Mon 08.06.2007 2:26 pm

Steps to attracting Japanese women.

First you have to know some Japanese.
I would advise you to go around exclaiming "Nanka!?", "Nandayo!?" and "Baka!!" as much as you can.
It is a crucial part of attracting the japanese.

Second you have to cosplay, most perferably in a Salior Moon uniform or any others of the Salior universe.

Third, you have to listen to J-pop, no not J-Rock but J-pop. That being Cystal Kay, Rie Fu, and the like.

Forth, when they ask you what you like to do for a living you must ALWAYS say "Betsu ni, iya, Betsu ni yo!!" with a big smile on your face.

Fifth, when a japanese women slaps you it is a sign that she is very much in like with you.

Sixth, you much eat fast food everyday, and talk in broken down english. I.e. Do u unda stana enluish eh?? Waaah summ kurrii nohh?

And the final step is to nob when ever they say "Atashi wa debu desu ka", Nod and smile with a big smile on your face and prepare for one giant hug.
Gan

Postby lame_duck » Tue 08.07.2007 5:57 am

theshadowtaker: You were beat to the punch on that joke. DESU~
I\'m far from perfect, so forgive me for my faults.
lame_duck

Postby AJBryant » Tue 08.07.2007 6:56 am

AJBryant
Site Admin

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 08.07.2007 1:23 pm

lock it up someone.. it's dead, it's over and the fat lady has sung.. bury this..
two_heads_talking

Previous

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan