Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese population "problem"

Japanese population "problem"

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

RE: Japanese population "problem"

Postby Duelley49 » Sun 08.19.2007 6:16 pm

You people think you know me and understand me, but you ****ing don't. I don't like Japan based on anime, you retared ****ing bastards. You think you're better than me then just come out and admit it!
Duelley49

Postby lemonaid » Sun 08.19.2007 6:38 pm

Duelley49 wrote:
You people think you know me and understand me, but you ****ing don't. I don't like Japan based on anime, you retared ****ing bastards. You think you're better than me then just come out and admit it!

Calm down. No one has made that insinuation.

I will repeat however that combined with the stresses of moving abroad, language and culture changes, mental health problems may intensify. Without social support mechanisms this can be devastating. I suggest you go over this with a mental health expert first.

And if you have trouble making friends in the U.S. you will most likely have greater difficulty finding friends in Japan because of the language/cultural barrier.

Just trying to be honest here.
Served best arctic
lemonaid

Postby SirFirestorm » Sun 08.19.2007 6:43 pm

If it is a social anxiety you feel because of your bipolar, I would say that is a lot more common than you think. Suicidal depression is a serious condition, but if you are really that depressed "because you are not in Japan.", you need to stop talking about it so lightly. Japan isnt going to be the magical land of rainbow unicorns based on your miniscule interaction with a couple of Japanese folks you met.

I suggest you do more research into the matter and apply for a wake-up call sooner rather than later.
Last edited by SirFirestorm on Sun 08.19.2007 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirFirestorm

Postby Infidel » Sun 08.19.2007 11:37 pm

My Bipolar Disorder has made it extremely difficult to make fiends, Japanese or otherwise.

Your problems are obviously a matter of your own attitudes. Get completely over this "You think you are better than me" crap. You're not doing yourself any favors. This attitude is nothing but an obvious projection. Stop thinking you're better than everyone else and maybe you will learn something.
なるほど。
さっぱりわからん。
Infidel

Native language: 英語

Postby AJBryant » Mon 08.20.2007 6:34 am

Word.

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Postby two_heads_talking » Mon 08.20.2007 9:50 am

Duelley49 wrote:

I think this is your issue here. You ask for help, expect a certain answer, and when that answer is not given, you toss a fit.

No one here thinks they are better or worse than you. However, many of us have had the experience of living in Japan. A few actually live there now and we even have some that are Japanese. Our collective insight and introspection is definately worth listening too.

From your other posts and your admitted to being bi-polar I will add this, if you lash out at others whether by disease or just plain acting out, you will find it hard to make friends anywhere. cursing on a forum not only shows us that you are not ready to go to japan, but that you aren't ready to grow up either.

Keep taking your medication for bi-polar, as you age the moodswings will not be so violent nor will they be as often. Do something outside and keep yourself busy.

Do not go to Japan until you get yourself situated mentally..
two_heads_talking

Postby kayuu » Mon 08.20.2007 10:30 am

Mike Cash wrote:
Are you sure you even qualify for a working visa here? They don't let you move here just because you want to.

Speaking of visas, I don't think some countries let people in who have a history of mental illness. Apparently America automatically disqualifies immigrants with mental illness, I'm not sure if this applies to Japan.

Usually to qualify for a visa you need to have some ties with the country - for example, family members live in the country or an employer within the country.

Like Mike Cash said there's a lot more to it than just getting up and moving as you see fit. There are a lot of restrictions on who can live in what country and for what reasons, that's why we get so many illegal immigrants (they wouldn't exist if it was so easy!)
kayuu

Postby Duelley49 » Mon 08.20.2007 6:40 pm

Where the **** did I say Japan was perfect? I never said that! WHY DO YOU PEOPLE HATE ME!?
Duelley49

Postby Duelley49 » Mon 08.20.2007 6:41 pm

Just so you know, I puched myself in the face several times because of you people.
Duelley49

Postby Kakads » Mon 08.20.2007 6:58 pm

Duelley49 wrote:
Just so you know, I puched myself in the face several times because of you people.

You punched yourself over people on the internet?
*Sweatdrop*

And please stop swearing, even if you've filtered it out. There's no need.
Kakads

Native language: English/Zanién

Postby Daiki » Mon 08.20.2007 8:08 pm

Is this guy serious?
Daiki

Postby Duelley49 » Mon 08.20.2007 8:10 pm

That's what you people want me to do isn't it? You want me to be miserable and unhappy.
Duelley49

Postby Daiki » Mon 08.20.2007 8:16 pm

Our purpose of existence is in fact to make you miserable and unhappy, Duelley49. Everyone knows that! ;)
Daiki

Postby askeladd » Mon 08.20.2007 8:19 pm

You want yourself to be miserable and unhappy. Otherwise, grow up and quit blaming everyone else for your misery.
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.

---Mark Twain
askeladd

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 08.21.2007 10:07 am

Duelley49 wrote:

did that make you feel any better? remember what I said earlier. you cannot chose what happens to you but you can choose how to deal with it. punching your face was your choice, not ours. I take no credit for your acts of idiocy. Next time you want to punch your face, go do something. run around the block, scream at the top of your lungs or draw a picture. harming yourself is counterproductive.
two_heads_talking

PreviousNext

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan