Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - What happened to the Nihongo Journal (日本語ジャーナル)?

What happened to the Nihongo Journal (日本語ジャーナル)?

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

What happened to the Nihongo Journal (日本語ジャーナル)?

Postby chchan45 » Mon 03.03.2008 11:46 pm

A search of wikipedia turned up nothing. Their official site in ALC (http://www.alc.co.jp/nj/) does not seem to exist anymore and I have failed to find it in Japanese bookstores.

Is anybody still ordering the journal? Has it ceased publishing or is it still in existence?

If anybody could shed some light onto this, I would be grateful.
Reading 李香蘭 私の半生

Please note that:
1. English is not my first language.
2. I am not Japanese. I am prone to making mistakes so please point them out if you see any.
chchan45

Re: What happened to the Nihongo Journal (日本語ジャーナル)?

Postby coco » Wed 03.05.2008 6:25 am

Chchanさん こんにちは。 :)
EnjiさんとRichさんが回答を寄せてくださっていたように思いますが、サーバーの移転で消えたようですね。

『日本語ジャーナル』は本誌は2005年3月から休刊しています。
オンデマンド版で2006年2月から復刊されましが、それも2007年12月号が最終号とのことです。

2007年12月15日発売号---------------------------------------------
*『日本語ジャーナル(オンデマンド版)』は、今月号(2007年12月号)を持ちまして最終号となります。

参照

Edit:

s229にお二人の回答が保存されていましたので転載しておきます。

by enji on Tue 03.04.2008 7:48 am

I just searched my university's library catalogue and found that the latest issue the library has is Dec 2007.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by richvh on Tue 03.04.2008 10:36 am

I got an email recently from White Rabbit Press that they wouldn't be getting any new issues of Nihongo Journal, but that they would still have back issues. (From memory; I've already deleted the message in question.)
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Postby chchan45 » Sun 03.09.2008 1:10 pm

Thank you coco san for updating us.

For those who cannot read Japanese, it seems that the issue on 12-2007 was the final one. No reason was given for its demise.

The magazine did suspend publishing from 02-2005 for a year, but it seems like it is gone for good.

It is a shame that a good magazine which has helped so many Japanese learners has gone. With the increase of Japanese learners worldwide (esp. in China PRC), I thought that it would have a market.
Reading 李香蘭 私の半生

Please note that:
1. English is not my first language.
2. I am not Japanese. I am prone to making mistakes so please point them out if you see any.
chchan45

Postby Wakannai » Sun 03.09.2008 3:22 pm

chchan45 wrote:Thank you coco san for updating us.

For those who cannot read Japanese, it seems that the issue on 12-2007 was the final one. No reason was given for its demise.

The magazine did suspend publishing from 02-2005 for a year, but it seems like it is gone for good.

It is a shame that a good magazine which has helped so many Japanese learners has gone. With the increase of Japanese learners worldwide (esp. in China PRC), I thought that it would have a market.

Hiragana times is still around. Personally I prefer it, especially the pdf edition. Nihongo Journal was pretty darn expensive, and out of the budget of most students, that is the biggest reason it finally went under I think. Hiragana times pdf edition is much more affordable, and you can get the sound edition which comes with 5-6 5 minute mp3 clips a month to download as well. Still, the NJ will be missed since it did focus more on people studying up for the JLPT.
Wakannai

Postby clay » Mon 03.10.2008 1:47 pm

NJ R.I.P.
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
clay
Site Admin

Postby p-chan » Wed 03.19.2008 8:08 am

why don't you try lang-8.com?
p-chan

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips