Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Extra learning material

Extra learning material

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Extra learning material

Postby Krysta » Tue 03.11.2008 2:32 pm

I'm currently using the Minna no Nihongo books in university and they work very good for me.
However, i'm not that good in listening and I also would like some more excersises that help me with the grammar.
This week i'm in lesson 16 and grammer is about al kinds of て-forms and such.
My question is: Is there a textbook or site where I could get some more learning material for the grammar and is there a book or site that can help me with listeningexcersises?
Preferably one that I can use alongside the MNN books.
My writing and reading so far is pretty good, but my listening and speaking skills are a bit lacking. Fortunatly I have several Japanese exchange students at school to help me with speaking skills.

I hope someone could help me with this problem.
Krysta

Re: Extra learning material

Postby Valatunda » Tue 03.11.2008 4:56 pm

You could always try the Japanese Graded Readers series. I find these a very useful resource. They come with five books and a CD to listen to. The books have a lot of grammar patterns and the CD has clear voices.
Valatunda

Native language: 英語

Re: Extra learning material

Postby Orcrist » Thu 03.13.2008 12:46 am

For listening exercises I'd recommend japanesepod101(.org/.com?). It's fun and interesting, and they also repeat the conversation slowly which is really usefull in the beginning.
Orcrist

Native language: Dutch

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips